Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yes we will.  We are in the direct path as well.  Should start at 2pm with totality at 3:20pm.  A little mixed cloud and sun right now.  Should improve as we get closer to totality.  Keeping fingers crossed.  Enjoy it where you are as well.  It’s going to be a great experience for sure.

Enjoy! I'm looking at it on TV. It is gorgeous. Take pictures.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Yes we will.  We are in the direct path as well.  Should start at 2pm with totality at 3:20pm.  A little mixed cloud and sun right now.  Should improve as we get closer to totality.  Keeping fingers crossed.  Enjoy it where you are as well.  It’s going to be a great experience for sure.

So, did it get dark all around, if you're having total solar eclipse? 

Yeah, it's special if you get totality, which would happen like very few times in lifetime, if lucky. Most often eclipses in  lifetime in one's region will only be partial, and that won't give the same experience - not even close - as today. 

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah, it's special if you get totality, which would happen like very few times in lifetime, if lucky. Most often eclipses in  lifetime in one's region will only be partial, and that won't give the same experience - not even close - as today. 

It did.  Like night time dark. Started slow but then very fast at the end.  Then it started to get brighter very quickly as well when sunlight started to return.  Neighbors timing lights went on when it went dark and four minutes later when light started to return they went off. You saw neighbors in their yards then you didn’t.  Really cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It did.  Like night time dark. Started slow but then very fast at the end.  Then it started to get brighter very quickly as well when sunlight started to return.  Neighbors timing lights went on when it went dark and four minutes later when light started to return they went off. You saw neighbors in their yards then you didn’t.  Really cool.

That's very awesome, I think I experienced that only as a child and don't remember that well now. In photo, it looks like a perfect Eclipse. It's cool to experience the night darkness for few minutes. 

When the Moon starts to move away, it gives a glimpse of ring-like view, that'd also look cool when photographed. Need to search for the photos. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'm going to Montreal this week. Had I realized that Montreal was on the path of the total solar eclipse, I would have traveled to Montreal yesterday and spent a week. It is a once in a lifetime experience. One cousin in Montreal sent us some pics. They are beautiful. 

IMG-20240408-WA0013.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm going to Montreal this week. Had I realized that Montreal was on the path of the total solar eclipse, I would have traveled to Montreal yesterday and spent a week. It is a once in a lifetime experience. One cousin in Montreal sent us some pics. They are beautiful. 

IMG-20240408-WA0013.jpg

If I have to add salt to the wound, the path of a solar eclipse is so narrow and elusive, you won't get another opportunity in your lifetime :D and if you do, that could get added to Guinness Book of Records.

There's no solar eclipse for almost all of US, Canada or Asia in next ten years though USA gets another total Eclipse after 20 years.

So, fortunate to see these photos when we can :)

@Yoshinator @ColtsGermany 

@stitches @Defjamz26 @Solid84 @chad72 @coltsfanej @Archer @SaturdayAllDay @John Hammonds @PRnum1 @CR91 @Indyfan4life @TomDiggs @funktacious2 @RollerColt @runthepost @csmopar @jvan1973 @Hark 

@Mike06181 @danlhart87

Reminder  - we continue Gavin's Mock Draft on Tuesday 7 PM EDT, from pick #118 Seattle Seahawks and will have two shorter sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

Please make sure your availability during your draft slot or send me the preferred choices of players for the upcoming picks.

Some of you have already sent your choices, which are noted down for upcoming rounds, in case you wouldn't be available when the pick is on the clock. Thank you for the advance notifications. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@Yoshinator @ColtsGermany 

@stitches @Defjamz26 @Solid84 @chad72 @coltsfanej @Archer @SaturdayAllDay @John Hammonds @PRnum1 @CR91 @Indyfan4life @TomDiggs @funktacious2 @RollerColt @runthepost @csmopar @jvan1973 @Hark 

@Mike06181 @danlhart87

Reminder  - we continue Gavin's Mock Draft on Tuesday 7 PM EDT, from pick #118 Seattle Seahawks and will have two shorter sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

Please make sure your availability during your draft slot or send me the preferred choices of players for the upcoming picks.

Some of you have already sent your choices, which are noted down for upcoming rounds, in case you wouldn't be available when the pick is on the clock. Thank you for the advance notifications. 

Will tonights session just be to finish the 4th round? I have no more picks there for the Cardinals, so I might choose sleep, lol. 😄

7 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

If I have to add salt to the wound, the path of a solar eclipse is so narrow and elusive, you won't get another opportunity in your lifetime :D and if you do, that could get added to Guinness Book of Records.

There's no solar eclipse for almost all of US, Canada or Asia in next ten years though USA gets another total Eclipse after 20 years.

So, fortunate to see these photos when we can :)

Ya never know., I could live another 20 years or more and by then I will have just retired and hopefully can travel to where the eclipse is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Will tonights session just be to finish the 4th round? I have no more picks there for the Cardinals, so I might choose sleep, lol. 😄

Do you have any for round 5?

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

That eclipse was one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had! 

Glad you experienced it. I was telling folks that if you have a chance to see it, go see it. It is unlike anything else. And it is free!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Glad you experienced it. I was telling folks that if you have a chance to see it, go see it. It is unlike anything else. And it is free!

I saw this post on reddit.   A very good time lapse

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Yes! At least see it once honestly. I couldn’t believe how big it was in person. From pictures it looks like a tiny dot in the sky, but it’s much, much more prominent. Same with the corona around it!

• Like 1

I'm gonna be periodically available once we get started.  Not sure I'll be sitting here ready to go when we get to my picks at 125 and 126.  And it's hard to really pre-select anybody once we get down to 4th and 5th round.  I just hope I catch us when my turn comes.  If not, please do the best with it!  I'm pretty proud of my Packers draft so far, so try not to screw it up!

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Yes! At least see it once honestly. I couldn’t believe how big it was in person. From pictures it looks like a tiny dot in the sky, but it’s much, much more prominent. Same with the corona around it!

It looked big to me. My cousin in Dallas sent a nice picture.  I hope you enjoyed it with your family.

The first one is from my cousin who lives in Dallas. The second one is from another cousin in Connecticut and is similar to what I saw (90%, not total eclipse.)

IMG-20240408-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240408-WA0002.jpg

• Like 2

The least I can do is post the remaining teams selecting in the 4th round.

121Baltimore Ravens

122Chicago Bears

123Houston Texans

124San Francisco 49ers

125Tampa Bay Buccaneers

126Green Bay Packers

127Houston Texans

128Buffalo Bills

129Minnesota Vikings

130Baltimore Ravens

131Kansas City Chiefs

132San Francisco 49ers

133Buffalo Bills

134 New York Jets @Harksent a PM with his pick.

135 San Francisco 49ers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I need the list of available players still. I have the other two lists.

Just now, Yoshinator said:

I need the list of available players still. I have the other two lists.

nm, i figured out how to use it.