Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Coaching Staff Ranked Tier 3 (amongst 6) amongst NFL coaching staff

chad72

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?   I’m pretty sure the Eagles and Sirianni were in the Super Bowl a year ago and were a few minutes away from winning.   They had a disappointing season this year and still started 10-1 before things got ugly at the end.   

Never the less, it’s not unreasonable to have the Philly coaching staff ranked higher than Steichen and the Colts.  I’m surprised you’d even challenge it.  

I hear what you’re saying but the Super Bowl run was WITH Shane and they suffered a regression this year without him.  It was not a secret.  But maybe they are ranking as a full body of work.  I was only looking at this past year.  

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Because they've been to Super Bowl once, and their whole tenure comes into the picture when someone subjectively thinks about ranking them. Now, they lost their OC and DC and that showed the problems in their current coaching staff, but they still led the league for good part of the year and qualified for playoffs.

Steichen was in first year, and lost his promising rookie QB to injury, and still was in play-off contention until last game. But, at the end of the season, they're holding top 15 draft pick, and the article shows lot of optimism that the direction is pointing upwards for Colts.

Would you expect an outsider to be more optimistic than that?

Tier 3 sounds right for the rookie year, missing top 2 performers - Elite RB and QB - for many of the games. Once we all get to see the actual performance with all star players healthy, we can get to see more people buying into the Colts. 

Yea,  I already replied to @NewColtsFan that I was only taking this year into account.   Fair enough. 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:21 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's comical!

I can’t even remember how long ago it was when I took CBS Sports seriously.   These are the things they do that make me shake my head.   Always take their views with a HUGE shaker of salt.   Always be skeptical.  

• Like 1