Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another TE....?

WithSomeLuck12

Ok so I know alot of people were upset about the Fleener pick. I for one liked it but, why in the world would we take another tight end the very next pick???? We have sooo many holes and we need to fill them not try to mimic the patriots

In all honesty if we have to mimic an offense that is one I don't mind mimicing.

But, at the same time any pick at any position might not have shocked me this year. We have needs everywhere.

In all honesty if we have to mimic an offense that is one I don't mind mimicing.

But, at the same time any pick at any position might not have shocked me this year. We have needs everywhere.

Not at TE anymore. Indy's TE unit is top three in the NFL now. No doubt. This O is going to be strong. I really believe it.

2morrow I would not mind seeing Grigs take the best remaining DB's back to back to back... to finish the draft.

This draft is not sexy but it is solid as heck. Indy is getting Luck a lot of help.

Not at TE anymore. Indy's TE unit is top three in the NFL now. No doubt. This O is going to be strong. I really believe it.

2morrow I would not mind seeing Grigs take the best remaining DB's back to back to back... to finish the draft.

This draft is not sexy but it is solid as heck. Indy is getting Luck a lot of help.

Oh yeah, TE should be an area of strength now.

Plenty of picks left for the Colts. No need to panic....

Oh yeah, TE should be an area of strength now.

Plenty of picks left for the Colts. No need to panic....

I never felt D would be a priority to begin with. The priority is "not getting Andrew Luck beat the heck up"...Indy took the top 2 TE's in the draft and they have "the best blocking TE in the NFL" ... when he is healthy of course.. which is not a lot.

But this O should be strong up front and they now have a "deep" threat. When P Garcon left I was worried for one reason. Speed, Indy now has a legit deep threat right up the gut. This O will score.

And if they get anything out of Hilton...... wahhhooooooooo :)

I never felt D would be a priority to begin with. The priority is "not getting Andrew Luck beat the heck up"...Indy took the top 2 TE's in the draft and they have "the best blocking TE in the NFL" ... when he is healthy of course.. which is not a lot.

But this O should be strong up front and they now have a "deep" threat. When P Garcon left I was worried for one reason. Speed, Indy now has a legit deep threat right up the gut. This O will score.

And if they get anything out of Hilton...... wahhhooooooooo :)

lol I was very interested in Upshaw. No shocker he went right to Baltimore.

I was not sure the direction of this draft, early on after Luck.

I like how it is shaping up though. I am feeling MUCH better about this offense. On defense I do think Pagano can coach em up a bit better too then Caldwell/Coyer.

lol I was very interested in Upshaw. No shocker he went right to Baltimore.

I was not sure the direction of this draft, early on after Luck.

I like how it is shaping up though. I am feeling MUCH better about this offense. On defense I do think Pagano can coach em up a bit better too then Caldwell/Coyer.

simply ENDING the 12 yard "cushion" EVERY darn PASSING DOWN will be a MAJOR help..... heeheh....

People need to realize how versatile these new additions to the offense could make us.

1. 4 Wide - Avery/Hilton out wide, Wayne/Collie in the slot. They could have Fleener or Allen out there and make it a 5 Wide, or they could put Brown in the backfield. I believe Arians likes to run these kinds of sets that stress speed and the deep ball. Basically a spread offense.

2. More conventional 'Pro-style' Offense - Wayne and Collie out wide, two TE set with Fleener and Allen or Eldridge. Good TEs create the biggest mismatches. LBs have a hard time covering them, and they can't use a DB to cover them because if it's a run they'll just bowl them over.

I'm pumped for the two TE sets we'll be using in the future. We now have a Gronk-like player, and someone I think will be better than Hernandez. Then if we want to kill them with speed and stretch the field, you bring out two hella fast WRs in Avery and Hilton. They'll never know what hit 'em.

Ok so I know alot of people were upset about the Fleener pick. I for one liked it but, why in the world would we take another tight end the very next pick???? We have sooo many holes and we need to fill them not try to mimic the patriots

Maybe the Patriots were mimicking Stanford!! :banana: