Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you do this for Harrison hypothetical

40 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I honestly don't think Harrison is that much better than Odunze or Nabers. I'd wait until the first two (of Harrison, Nabers and Odunze) are gone and move up for the last guy. Possibly be content with Bowers if he's still available, but I can't really decide on that. Bowers is basically a WR occupying a TE spot - he's not much of a blocker. Is he worth a top 15 pick for being a WR?

I've seen and read the opposite about his blocking. While he isn't the stockiest TE and won't drive a DE back by himself, he always gives the effort to block at anytime for anyone. At the end of the GA tech game you can see him blocking and creating lanes for other players while up by 24 (not exactly 24, but they were stomping them). 

I think he can be used inline and chip block/ assist a tackle. He won't be a Jack Doyel, but most men aren't. If Bowers is acquired we should also get a good blocking TE or try and keep Mo on a cheaper deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

By the charts , our pick 1.15 and pick 2.46 would get us to pick 1.7 value. If we side pick 15 and pick 82 , it would bring us to pick 1.11 or 1.12 value. 

The 1st and 3rd makes the most sense and doable in my eyes if a Top 10 rated player dropped to 12, IMO

3 hours ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

In my honest opinion, the best thing for this colts team for both the offense and the defense would be for us to keep our defense sitting on the sidelines, while our offense completes long sustained drives, this becomes of paramount importance considering we are keeping gus bradley, i want that defense riding the pine, best player to accomplish those two things while also helping out the run game, TE Brock Bowers, the kid is elite in Run blocking, as well as catching those 3rd downs that have been tough for us of late. 

I think Bowers would be legit. Just look at what Taylor did with Doyle blocking, and if you watch ARs highlights he threw quite a few balls to the TE. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The 1st and 3rd makes the most sense and doable in my eyes if a Top 10 rated player dropped to 12, IMO

I don't think there's any question that there will be some players with great value in the 9 to 12-13 range. With 4 Qb's likely to go in the top 10 , seems like we should  have a great TE , WR or  edge player that should drop and be available to us with maybe a small move up ? What could throw a monkey wrench in this would be if some of the OT's dropped . It's an awfully deep OT draft and this could happen . So maybe instead of trading up , we might see just the opposite ? Wouldn't surprise me to see Ballard trade down with a team that might want to move up for a LT that dropped. 

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I honestly don't think Harrison is that much better than Odunze or Nabers. I'd wait until the first two (of Harrison, Nabers and Odunze) are gone and move up for the last guy. Possibly be content with Bowers if he's still available, but I can't really decide on that. Bowers is basically a WR occupying a TE spot - he's not much of a blocker. Is he worth a top 15 pick for being a WR?

Bowers can do it all at TE. He can block good enough to be effective. With proper coaching he could be as good a blocker as Kittle potentially. 

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

I don't think there's any question that there will be some players with great value in the 9 to 12-13 range. With 4 Qb's likely to go in the top 10 , seems like we should  have a great TE , WR or  edge player that should drop and be available to us with maybe a small move up ? What could throw a monkey wrench in this would be if some of the OT's dropped . It's an awfully deep OT draft and this could happen . So maybe instead of trading up , we might see just the opposite ? Wouldn't surprise me to see Ballard trade down with a team that might want to move up for a LT that dropped. 

Just don’t want to move back past 20-24, IMO, because the drop off might be high enough. 25-32 is where the divisional round playoff teams pick and I want no part of trading with them unless the offer is out of this world.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Hope they don’t draft an edge player. They’ve not been good at it for a long time. Sign a free agent one hopefully.

56 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Bowers can do it all at TE. He can block good enough to be effective. With proper coaching he could be as good a blocker as Kittle potentially. 

this is how I feel about him. 

he’s going to get bigger in the nfl. As Ballard has said many times, guys just get bigger as they get older and especially in nfl weight programs. Any knock on his blocking is because of his size, not because of his effort. He is as elite as they come as a pass catcher. I certainly wouldn’t pass him up for something that he will no doubt get better at regarding blocking… He would move sticks and make big plays in this offense. The biggest problem he poses is a mismatch against virtually everyone that would be tasked with defending him. Some of the most efficient offenses in the past decade had/has a major advantage at tight end. 

Honestly we just need the best WR or even TE we can get in round 1, and immediately try to get the best CB after that.  Pierce isn’t going to be our long term solution.  Downs might be a 2 or 3 to Pittman’s 1 or 2.  We need a threat beyond Pittman if we hope to score enough points to keep up with Stroud in the future.  I don’t think trading the house for Harrison would do it, as much as I wish we could have him.

So I think a trade with next year's first might not be a bad idea. I'm looking at the chargers #5 pick. If we throw two first round picks at them, along with either a second rd pick or a franchise tagged MPJ. At #5 we would definitely get a blue chip talent. I don't think MHJ would be there, but Malik Nabers would be most likely. Nabers speed along with Richardson's arm would be a thing of beauty and take our offense to another level passing. I would give that much capitol at this type of gamble. Huge reward available.

• Like 1