Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Merged - Latest Rumor: Tj Houshmanzahdeh Headed To Indy?

Coltsman1788

huuuuuuh????? ive put in 13 years of watching peyton and offense go out and run the same offense over and over. i can honestly say i know the offense just as good as any opposing team......do i deserve 2MILLION DOLLARS???? lol obviously im jk but seriously ....if he doesn't step on the field...hes worth nothing to an organization unless hes a coach, and thats why coaches get paid substantially less.

Your preachin to the choir bro! I am definetly 1 that believes we should bring in a 5th receiver now for our injury prone recievers, while there is still available free agents. I was just stating that if we brought in another guy that i didnt think it would be over a 2 million bonus. Rather, i think it would be because we have 1 of the best passers of all time! If u are gonna shore up a position, i would shore up our bread and butter. Defense is just as important and i definetly believe we need help in the secondary! But 2 me, we win games because are quarterback is better than our opponents. That being said...(although i like blair white) i would bring in an experienced veteran now while they are still available.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Joe Flaco is a very good QB, and Garcons "true" spot is not a slot receiver. the colts havent played 1 preseason game yet and on paper they are filled with depth at the WR position. UNTIL someone gets hurt TJ is a waste of space because the colts have better and younger talents on their roster. WR position is not a need for the colts just like Irsay said, get it through your heads ppl.

man im really sorry. I have been tryin all night to get it through my head like you said. I just cant get it in there. I will keep trying though, so bare with me.

I know there's already a post about the rumor of TJ. But I didn't want to add the new info to a 10pg post! This was on stampede blue!

Whether it makes you sick or giddy, it looks like it's not just a rumor.....

http://twitter.com/#!/ALLsportsINTEL/statuses/102485298818191360

You can also find the link on stampede blue's home page if this doesn't pull up

I know there's already a post about the rumor of TJ. But I didn't want to add the new info to a 10pg post! This was on stampede blue!

Whether it makes you sick or giddy, it looks like it's not just a rumor.....

http://twitter.com/#!/ALLsportsINTEL/statuses/102485298818191360

You can also find the link on stampede blue's home page if this doesn't pull up

I just wonder why we would

The Colts must know something about their WR's they arent telling the public.

Rumors usually occur where a team has a generally perceived need. All this Moss, Owens, Housh speculation is because most NFL people know that the Colts are precariously thin due to the high injury risks of two of their four top wide outs. This is also obvious to some Colts fans but to others...not so much. Apparently if this does go down...then the Polians see the need as well. Throw in Blair's injury, which we don't know how serious it is and there you go.

That said...this is still info by a Tweet. I am still not sure that this qualifies as more than a rumor until a major news source can verify this. I read on another board that the Colts are planning to announce this on Monday but can't find any kind of source for that. So we will see.

I'll say it again...I think his true value to the team could be in the return game. He has experience as a returner as well as a WR. While we are taking an early look at some rookies at this point in the season, it is still obvious that we need a major upgrade here. If he could come in and be our primary return guy, as well as giving up backup in the WR area, I think it is a good signing. He definitely has moves in the open field, so having him return kicks could be a major plus to our return game.

Rumors usually occur where a team has a generally perceived need. All this Moss, Owens, Housh speculation is because most NFL people know that the Colts are precariously thin due to the high injury risks of two of their four top wide outs. This is also obvious to some Colts fans but to others...not so much. Apparently if this does go down...then the Polians see the need as well. Throw in Blair's injury, which we don't know how serious it is and there you go.

That said...this is still info by a Tweet. I am still not sure that this qualifies as more than a rumor until a major news source can verify this. I read on another board that the Colts are planning to announce this on Monday but can't find any kind of source for that. So we will see.

I dont see how it makes sense tbh, i mean the colts have more needs in other areas than WR why not the line. No one from the colts organization has shot this down yet so it may be true we'll see.

yeah okay, it's still just a rumor. but now it's not just a sighting its a contract....

Good teams strengthen their strengths. I would like this pickup and maybe a Ellis Hobbs for more DB depth

Well said. I like Housh and have since he was in Cincy (might get bashed here) but I thought on that team, at that particular time he was a better possession receiver than Ocho. I believe it is all about system with him and Cincy run a very similar offense to us in those years. I remember Ocho saying that they (him and Housh) and Palmer would go to Colt games just to watch Manning, Harrison and Wayne work.

I agree the Defensive backfield concerns me the most and would love to see us at least get some depth in that area. I think powers is and will be a good corner but opposite of him, I cannot even open my eyes to look.

Well said. I like Housh and have since he was in Cincy (might get bashed here) but I thought on that team, at that particular time he was a better possession receiver than Ocho. I believe it is all about system with him and Cincy run a very similar offense to us in those years. I remember Ocho saying that they (him and Housh) and Palmer would go to Colt games just to watch Manning, Harrison and Wayne work.

I agree the Defensive backfield concerns me the most and would love to see us at least get some depth in that area. I think powers is and will be a good corner but opposite of him, I cannot even open my eyes to look.

Colts must feel better about their corners currently in camp than they do about their rookie wideout options. Kevin Thomas might develop into our number 2 opposite of Powers before it is all said and done. He looked solid last night. Then you would have Lacy and Tryon as the nickle and dime backs. Not that bad if the pass rush improves up front. Drake Nevis looks like he can generate some serious pressure up the middle. This would be an added dimension our defensive line has never really had before. Can't wait to see him teamed up on the line with Freeney and Mathis. That would help our secondary look much better.

Exactly. He's only had one "big" year in the league & a couple others that were on the more productive side. He could be a good backup possession type guy.

His 'big year' and productive seasons did more than any Colt WR not named Reggie Wayne on this roster. And they were all done as a #2. now Housh is a shell of his former self, and if we were to go after a 1yr gamble WR I would rather it be moss. More reward. But this love for our WR core is getting borderline ridiculous.

Between AG,PG, and AC they have a COMBINED 9yrs, 99 games, 335 rec, 4204yds, 32tds......that's 3 WR all playing with possibly the greatest QB of all-time.

Housh 10yrs, 137 games, 616 catches, 7091yds, 43 TDs.....as a #2 option, on bad teams.

Garçon and AG have proven they are not anything more than a borderline #2 WR, and collie although showing promise, has to many questions. And Reggie is going to be 33. Our WR aren't nearly as phenomenal as everyone thinks.

He's a good player even if he is aging a bit.

However, why are the Colts getting receivers when they need linemen?

I think the Colts are just "rummaging the bargain bin". They already got their bargain D-lineman in Harris. I don't know if there are any more cheap, low risk O-linemen or D-linemen to be had.

I'll say it again...I think his true value to the team could be in the return game. He has experience as a returner as well as a WR. While we are taking an early look at some rookies at this point in the season, it is still obvious that we need a major upgrade here. If he could come in and be our primary return guy, as well as giving up backup in the WR area, I think it is a good signing. He definitely has moves in the open field, so having him return kicks could be a major plus to our return game.

That makes sense to me. In one of Irsay's recent tweets he commented about needing to find a good kick/punt returner either on the roster or off the streets.

His 'big year' and productive seasons did more than any Colt WR not named Reggie Wayne on this roster. And they were all done as a #2. now Housh is a shell of his former self, and if we were to go after a 1yr gamble WR I would rather it be moss. More reward. But this love for our WR core is getting borderline ridiculous.

Between AG,PG, and AC they have a COMBINED 9yrs, 99 games, 335 rec, 4204yds, 32tds......that's 3 WR all playing with possibly the greatest QB of all-time.

Housh 10yrs, 137 games, 616 catches, 7091yds, 43 TDs.....as a #2 option, on bad teams.

Garçon and AG have proven they are not anything more than a borderline #2 WR, and collie although showing promise, has to many questions. And Reggie is going to be 33. Our WR aren't nearly as phenomenal as everyone thinks.

That was then, this is now.

Mark it down - TJ H. does not supplant any of the current Colt starters if he's signed. End of file.

Mark it down - TJ H. does not supplant any of the current Colt starters if he's signed. End of file.

Are we assuming zero injuries. Because if that's the case, then I agree, he wouldn't start above any of them. No one should. But if past results are future indicators, and most here believe they are, then we are going to lose at least 2 between Reggie,Gonzo,Garçon, Collie. Come Week 8, having a savvy NFL veteran WR on your roster is nothing but good news. As I said before, I'd much rather do high risk high reward (moss, to) than go after housh or a cotchery, but in the end I'd welcome both choices because neither move could do anything but help this team succeed. Let's face it, the only way we win is if Peyton puts up #s, our Def, while may be improved are still not capable of shutting out quality teams, even when healthy.

now this guy knows what he is talking about....gonzo garcon and collie they're ok but borderline bums without peyton manning tj is a solid wr and i think he will be amazing with manning i like wayne on 1 side tj on the other garcon and collie in the slot

and id rather have moss or t.o but ill take t.j

now this guy knows what he is talking about....gonzo garcon and collie they're ok but borderline bums without peyton manning tj is a solid wr and i think he will be amazing with manning i like wayne on 1 side tj on the other garcon and collie in the slot

and id rather have moss or t.o but ill take t.j

To say collie is a a borderline bum,shows your lack of knowledge.Furthermore i think garcon is pretty good, if you want to rip gonzo he is tough to defend because he never plays.

I agree. Wayne, Collie, Garcon and Gonzo all are better (IMHO) and know the system. But after that, we really don't know the story on White. I like Taj as a ST player and the others are all works in progress.

So, he'd be good injury insurance. And, like someone else pointed out, he's a very good run blocker.

Are we assuming zero injuries. Because if that's the case, then I agree, he wouldn't start above any of them. No one should. But if past results are future indicators, and most here believe they are, then we are going to lose at least 2 between Reggie,Gonzo,Garçon, Collie. Come Week 8, having a savvy NFL veteran WR on your roster is nothing but good news. As I said before, I'd much rather do high risk high reward (moss, to) than go after housh or a cotchery, but in the end I'd welcome both choices because neither move could do anything but help this team succeed. Let's face it, the only way we win is if Peyton puts up #s, our Def, while may be improved are still not capable of shutting out quality teams, even when healthy.

Steelers signed Cotchery.. I think...

I don't get why some people think TJ will really help this team out. Have any of you actually payed any attention to football outside of the Colts over the last couple of yrs.. TJ has stunk it up bigtime the last 2 yrs..Flatout awful.

He played with seattle{hassleback was hurt most of the time}and with the ravens he was on a team with a young qb and a run first team.We are talking peyton here,he made blair white a player.

I doubt we lose 2 of those 4 starting WRs. Of course it's all speculation at this point but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that doesn't happen for several reasons.

TJ H's career avg. would put him at about 60 catches for 700 yds and 4TDs. I highly doubt he gets that many chances. That would put him on par with........

Tammie's 2010 production (rookie UDFA), be less than Garcon's 2010 production (while injured), and would be about the same as Collie's 9 game 2010 campaign (except Collie scored 8TDs).

Again, TJ H. is a good insurance policy behind these guys along with Blair White (assuming he can suit up week 1 or soon thereafter). White caught 36 for 355 and 9.9ypc w/9TDs filling in for injured starters last year.....this while Manning went for 4,700, his highest career total. I'd like the TJ H. signing for one year as an insurance policy possession type guy. Again, many of us including myself thought the team might have drafted a WR in April for depth, at the very least, but that didn't happen. No complaints from me I love the way the draft went.....but getting TJ on the cheap for 2011 to bridge a gap is a good thing. He ain't "pushin' us over the top to a championship" or replacing any of our current starters though.

How about the cancer that he is,in the locker room?

This makes me laugh. Do you know why TO had to speak up and be the mouth? One he has a big mouth, but two, his QBs were Jeff Garcia, Mcnabb, and Romo. Throughout Owens career he was never on a team with a 'leader' so the dude ran his mouth. Simple as that. You think TO could come to Indy and pretend to run the show? Not happening. But he could do that to Jeff Garcia who didn't have the FO backing, he could do that to McNabb, who everyone knows is a push over baby, and he HAD to do it with Romo bc the dude was a sudden phenom in a football crazed state, with a wacky owner, tough as nails GM, and dating a pop star, Romo was in way over his head.

The fact of the matter is TO was always in some pretty wild circumstances, many of them his own creation, but the guy is a football animal and would help any team immediately simply by being on the field. Teams like ours have the ability to bring in 'troubled' players and get the most out of them. Most trouble is solved by winning, and we do a lot of that.

I don't get why some people think TJ will really help this team out. Have any of you actually payed any attention to football outside of the Colts over the last couple of yrs.. TJ has stunk it up bigtime the last 2 yrs..Flatout awful.

He had 911 yards in 2009 thats stinking it up??? Horrible worst WR in the league ohh he also started 16/16 games.. Stimpy you * lol!!

I doubt we lose 2 of those 4 starting WRs. Of course it's all speculation at this point but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that doesn't happen for several reasons.

I agree with everything you said but this. lol.

Garçon, gonzo, and collie have never even come close to starting all 16 games in there careers. Not once. Each player, each year during there career has missed multiple games. And there careers are not very long. As we know, as one ages injuries become more likely, now Reggie hasn't missed a game, but the likelyhood of him missing time increases as well. Factor in all of this, and it is very clear to me we will lose at least 2 of them during the season. Obviously I hope for no injuries, but I just can't see that happening one bit. Its all speculation at this point, but educated guesses none the less.