Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Merged - Latest Rumor: Tj Houshmanzahdeh Headed To Indy?

Coltsman1788

I actually always wanted Housh to come to the Colts ...but that was like 4 years ago when he was still hauling in 70-80 receptions a year and he and Manning had good chemistry at the Pro Bowl.

He's washed up now at this point in his career and I could only see him working exclusively out of the slot and as a bench player in the event that Blair White is more injured than is being let on and if Collie and / or Gonzalez are hurt.

To me, he does not present any upgrade to any facet of the Colts passing attack by virtue of him being mainly a slot / posession-type receiver.

Now I know you'll disagree with me on this one, but if the Colts were to sign a FA WR, I'd rather they sign Moss as at least he has a potential to upgrade the role Garcon plays for a year at the cost of continuity in his development.

Housh to me brings nothing to the table other than purely as an insurance policy (similar to Ricky Proehl in 2006)

All good points. And yes my thoughts on Moss are the same as your thoughts on TJ. I don't think Moss offers any upgrade over Garcon, so why not let Garcon continue to develop.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he did well for the Ravens and Seahawks is block in the rungame. He is used similar to Hines Ward, they are both the best at the crack down block on the de or olb. What better way to help our line in the run game than to have a wr that can block. He wouldnt be needed but15 plays a game, but it adds one more wrinkle to a offense that needs help running the ball.

This is ridiculous, if the colts make this sign him it will be a waste. The guy is Old!! if they were worried about the WR issue they would have look into that during the draft or something and didnt Jim say we are fine at WR? i dont get this at all.

i like tj but if we sign a wr we should get a lee evans or some of the sort who can catch and have speed to go all the way from the slot i think the offence was the most potent when we had stokley cuz he was a speedy wr in th slot position also getting t.o would be great then we could move garcon to the slot where he would be better suited

What he did well for the Ravens and Seahawks is block in the rungame. He is used similar to Hines Ward, they are both the best at the crack down block on the de or olb. What better way to help our line in the run game than to have a wr that can block. He wouldnt be needed but15 plays a game, but it adds one more wrinkle to a offense that needs help running the ball.

This makes sense. Plus, he's an upgrade over Blair, and probably cheap.

I can't begrudge an upgrade, but I hope they're not done. Maybe an experienced S.

Oh god. Not mod edit.

Seriously... People knock Chad and TO and other WR's for the stuff they say, but he may possibly be the worst of all... Literally everything he says is just dumb. Not dumb "ha ha, dumb" but low IQ dumb... The guy is an *, plain and simple.

I'll take a broken down Marvin Harrison toting a gun into the secondary over him...

Oh god. Not mod edit

Seriously... People knock Chad and TO and other WR's for the stuff they say, but he may possibly be the worst of all... Literally everything he says is just dumb. Not dumb "ha ha, dumb" but low IQ dumb... The guy is an *, plain and simple.

I'll take a broken down Marvin Harrison toting a gun into the secondary over him...

agree, wrong guy wrong team! bring in t.o. or moss, but please no housh.

Great move in terms of depth, hes not gonna stretch the field by any means but on 3rd and 3 instead of throwing to blair white id prefer manning throwing to tj.

lets be serious guys, it will be a luxury if we dont see him on the field at all this year (meaning collie, gonzo, garcon don't get injured) but every year we have to overcome injuries. this is just insurance and pretty good insurance imo.

YES SIR ! :1colts::huthut:

--many more drops yes, many more targets, easily readable-yes

lost clark, makes it even more harder for wayne, to perform the way he did under the circumstances last season

if everyone stays healthy, im sure wayne will have less drops,

as for Housh-- I do not mind him, I know he had a huge DROP pass in the playoff game last year for a 1st down they needed-- im sure it was last year-seattle maybe?

i still like him, and he would be a good mix maybe even push gonzo to perform to his true potential

Moss is retired and Owens is out for a long time.

What tj brings is not stats, why he wont cost much, its his skill set and that he can play inside or out. What the colts did more at the end of last season and in camp this year, is use our slots to help block in the running game. I love our wr group, but if they had a knock, it would be there not physical. Tj would give us that. He could open up for more playaction. If a lb covering our te has to check if the slot is going to lay him out he takes his eyes off of the te. If the saftys job is to key the slot on run pass and the wr sells run, the safty drops down and you throw over the top for six. Our most explosive offense was when we had Stokley doing this. In our offense it is vital to have help from flexed te or slot, to aid in our runnimg attack. We are jusr not a mauler type team. He dosnt have to play many snaps for him to have a valuable role with the colts.

I agree in this case. He basically beats out White for the #5. He must be cheap, but it seems like a waste to me.

This is why this rumor makes zero sense to me. Your 5th WR, if you even carry one, better be a contributor on special teams. If this somehow signals that White is not healthy, I would think that opens the door for a guy like Gilreath. There is no way the TJ would return or cover kicks.

The only thing that makes sense as to why there would be interest is if there is a injury to one of the main WR's but there has been no reports of that to my knowledge.

The other thing I thought off was this may mean a trade for Gonzo is in the works but that does not pass the common sense test either. What kind of trade value is there for guy who has not been healthy the last two years. What woud they get in return? I think the answer is not much.

I don't think anything comes of this.

I really cant understand why some of you dont want to bring in another veteren wide receiver. I just keep going back to last year with the WR injuries. man, do i not wanna be in that position again!! Of course, if we all new that the receivers we have are all gonna stay healthy....then yeah, we dont need anyone. But, the reality is we dont know whats gonna happen with collie,gonzo,clark etc.. Me personally , i would rather have moss. But there has to be some reason that no one has offered him a deal he cant refuse. Maybe its some type of (inside) knowledge or maybe GM's think he is more trouble than he is worth. i just know they have more info on the situation than me or most anyone else. i still think he would be an excellent target in our redzone offense. (just my opinion) But, one thing i will say about housh... he is the only "non colt" WR that i ever heard peyton manning publicly say that he had chemistry with. They actually both said that about each other. I think it was from a probowl that they played together in. Someone mentioned that manning wanted TJ to sign here instead of seattle and i can believe that after how i heard they admired and liked playing with each other. So, if housh comes... i will be happier than remaining "status quo." Although,like i said, personally i would rather have Moss. If the Polians know something i dont, than i would take Houshmanzahdeh. Im also sure peyton knows who he wants to play with and its his call before ANY of ours! so if the colts "DO" or "DO NOT" take on a receiver....im sure peyton will have a hand in it! This is all just my opinion.

Of all WRs to sign, Housh would make me want to vomit... No, for the love of "god", no.

What is your reasoning for all this? You must have a reason to hate the guy? He's always been a solid and smart WR. Can't imagine why anyone would be so adamantly opposed to adding him to the roster.

I really cant understand why some of you dont want to bring in another veteren wide receiver. I just keep going back to last year with the WR injuries. man, do i not wanna be in that position again!! Of course, if we all new that the receivers we have are all gonna stay healthy....then yeah, we dont need anyone. But, the reality is we dont know whats gonna happen with collie,gonzo,clark etc.. Me personally , i would rather have moss. But there has to be some reason that no one has offered him a deal he cant refuse. Maybe its some type of (inside) knowledge or maybe GM's think he is more trouble than he is worth. i just know they have more info on the situation than me or most anyone else. i still think he would be an excellent target in our redzone offense. (just my opinion) But, one thing i will say about housh... he is the only "non colt" WR that i ever heard peyton manning publicly say that he had chemistry with. They actually both said that about each other. I think it was from a probowl that they played together in. Someone mentioned that manning wanted TJ to sign here instead of seattle and i can believe that after how i heard they admired and liked playing with each other. So, if housh comes... i will be happier than remaining "status quo." Although,like i said, personally i would rather have Moss. If the Polians know something i dont, than i would take Houshmanzahdeh. Im also sure peyton knows who he wants to play with and its his call before ANY of ours! so if the colts "DO" or "DO NOT" take on a receiver....im sure peyton will have a hand in it! This is all just my opinion.

You are right in saying you never know what will happen with injuries. That goes for every position and not just the wide receiver position. That is why I do not want anymore receivers on our roster when we can add depth and EXPERIENCE to our secondary. People seem to forget our entire team got injured last year, not just our offensive players.

Yeah I would be thrilled with the acquisition especially if Blair is hurt... Also noone knows if other injuries will happen to the WR core.. Personally he's better than Garçon & Gonzo so I don't see why anyone would be opposed... If the price, is right bring him in!!!!!

Of course he had a down year play with Flacco and the Ravens lol!!!! duh!!!!! 

You are right in saying you never know what will happen with injuries. That goes for every position and not just the wide receiver position. That is why I do not want anymore receivers on our roster when we can add depth and EXPERIENCE to our secondary. People seem to forget our entire team got injured last year, not just our offensive players.

yes but people dont seem to forget on 3rd and 3 a simple dropped pass by blair white at the end of the game against new york that couldve advanced teh ball for an easy fg attempt and we couldve ran the clock all the way down to end the game.

Yeah I would be thrilled with the acquisition especially if Blair is hurt... Also noone knows if other injuries will happen to the WR core.. Personally he's better than Garçon & Gonzo so I don't see why anyone would be opposed... If the price, is right bring him in!!!!!

Of course he had a down year play with Flacco and the Ravens lol!!!! duh!!!!! 

At this point in his career TJ is not better then Garcon and Gonzo, but i would be fine adding him for depth especially if White is hurt.

I realize what most of you are saying, but I think this guy would really shine with a mature team such as the Colts. He's an incredible receiver and I'd love to have him on the Colts. Don't care about his personal issues.

lol

I love that one! The "visionary" one with John Lynch is good too.

I don't think we need Housh, I am fine with the players we have at WR. Plus, we have solid TEs in Clark and Tamme and our RBs can catch as well. We have plenty of pass catchers, that's not an area of need in my opinion.

yes but people dont seem to forget on 3rd and 3 a simple dropped pass by blair white at the end of the game against new york that couldve advanced teh ball for an easy fg attempt and we couldve ran the clock all the way down to end the game.

I also seem to remember a bad time-out by Caldwell and the kickoff return that cost of us the game. If we would have had better depth at the corner position we could have A) A corner that could play special teams and make a play to prevent such a good kick-off return and B) he could have stopped Sanchez from advancing into field goal range.

You can't point at just one play that cost us that game. it goes both ways. And with our proven experience from all 5 receivers now and not so much on the secondary, the defense definitely has top priority in my book.

TJ would be great for us, he is sure handed ( yes I saw the drop last year in Baltimore game ) more so than Garcon who is definitely not sure handed. He is a vet who doesnt cause trouble and he is a big tall guy. I realize we need secondary help but there isnt much out there in that market unless we go back to hayden who is to expensive for an oft injured player ( anyone remember Bob ). I say if we can get him at the right price it will pay off for us.

Oh and glad to be back on the forum I kind of went away when the forum shifted from the old one.

Go Colts

He is hands down better than White or Gonzo and probably would be better on the outside than Garcon. I really like the move (if it happens)

Because TJ has lost a lot of his step due to his age, he has become strictly a possession receiver. I would put Gonzo above TJ in a heartbeat. When healthy, he is a very good receiver. Remember Gonzo was brought in to supplant himself as the Colts #2 WR. That did not happen because of his injuries. When he is healthy he can be a very good weapon for Peyton. I would agree with you that TJ is a better option than White though.

I also seem to remember a bad time-out by Caldwell and the kickoff return that cost of us the game. If we would have had better depth at the corner position we could have A) A corner that could play special teams and make a play to prevent such a good kick-off return and B) he could have stopped Sanchez from advancing into field goal range.

You can't point at just one play that cost us that game. it goes both ways. And with our proven experience from all 5 receivers now and not so much on the secondary, the defense definitely has top priority in my book.

lol...our team is built to score points and play with a lead. when our defense holds a team to 14 points we should have a win. i can point to 6 total 3rd and less then 3's in that game that the offense did not convert because of the lack of o-line or recieving threats.

All of you saying what a great pick up he would be, understand that there are roster limitations. They are only able to carry 53 on the active roster an traditionally they have only carried 4-5 WR's. On top of that, the last WR on the roster has contributed on special teams in some capacity. So who gets cut in favor of TJ? Wayne? Collie? Garcon? Gonzo? White? And do you honestly believe he would play on ST's?

At this point in his career TJ is not better then Garcon and Gonzo, but i would be fine adding him for depth especially if White is hurt.

Housh's stats are better than Gonzo's for the last 2 years. How do you say he's not better than someone who is chronically injured?