Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Texans at Colts plus injury reports

NFL Week 18 Expert Picks - Against the Spread

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/picks/experts/against-the-spread/18/

Oicks.JPG.df4a6b1ad2769714490a335e514b5ed4.JPG

Colts remain underdogs in the spread and with the national media

The Colts are not favored in any way shape or form going into this one. The question is, why not?

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2024/1/6/24027862/colts-remain-underdogs-in-the-spread-and-with-the-national-media

...Well, here we are with a shot to make the playoffs and potentially win the division. Still, no one believes in this team.

If you check out the game preview, currently 84% of the bets are on Houston to cover the spread with 68% for them to win on the moneyline. Ouch.

I think I understand that one because to fans who don’t normally watch the two teams, what sounds like the sexier pick? Do you want the journeyman backup or the sensational rookie taking the NFL by storm? I get it. If you can’t name many players on either team, you tend to gravitate the highest marquee player and make your pick accordingly.

Now, all of this is to say that the Texans may win tonight. That is a real possibility. Do they deserve an 84% backing on the spread and to be favorites on the road in a high pressured game? I don’t think they have earned that benefit yet. They are a good team but still have plenty of flaws. I would expect for the home team to get the edge when two teams with identical records and similar opponents and schedules meet in a pivitol game.

Maybe Vegas knows something I don’t. Heck, they nailed the Falcons game on Christmas Eve. Then again, the odds and spread really don’t matter, do they? What matters is taking care of business and proving all thet “experts” wrong. The Colts have their shot tonight. Will they take advantage?

• Like 1

Prediction time. Here we are again with a another win and we're in game on the final week of the season. Last time we were successful on one of these was 2018 when we beat the titans in Tennessee. It's been along history of failures, one right after another. I've been on here almost 20 years and I've said over and over it's time for the Colts to change their history of ineptitude in playoff clinching games. And here we are again. Just like 2 years ago we are better than todays opponent, this  time we are at home, we should win. BUT, I will bank on another historic failure, we've seen it all before. And as an added bonus for this weekend I will throw in 2 other games. The 3rd worse roster in the league will beat the ravens, and the bills will lose to Miami . So, what does all that mean, the absolutely futile and talentless Rooney team will make the playoffs as we sit outside looking in yet again. Sorry people, I know the steelers suck as bad as the panthers, but it doesn't matter. I am looking forward to tonights game and I hope we do better than 2 years ago when we lost to the 3-13 jags with the playoffs on the line 26-11, but, hey, that loss put the Rooney's in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong and we annihilate the texans tonight, but I'm just not confident. Let's change history tonight! Go Colts!!