Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welcome To Indianapolis Coby Fleener

LucasOilStadium

Many scouts have Fleener figured as a better blocker than whats being reported. His talent in regard to blocking has been described as a "Hit 'n' turn" variety, excellent chipper whom can buy time for his QB, spin out and make the catch.

I watched every video of him and he is 100x the blocker scouts say he is. I've noticed that athletic TE automatically get the Bad Blocker rap. Watch Fleener in the Notre Dame game to see his Protection skills.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These boys are too precious. They make me smile.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7864120/2012-nfl-draft-indianapolis-colts-select-coby-fleener-second-pick-second-round

Chances are very good Fleener will become a starter -- and a main target -- for Luck in Indianapolis.

"I just sent him a text message that had a lot of exclamation points in it," said Fleener, who had 10 touchdown catches last season and 18 for his career in Stanford's prodigious offense. "I expected to be on a team where I wasn't familiar with the offense or the quarterback. I can't wait to get started, to be honest with you."

"For me, getting to play with him the past couple of years, it is speed, he is dynamic," Luck said. "Anytime we crossed the 50-yard line, it seemed like we just said, 'Coby, go run. Go run past the safeties.' Hopefully, it continues to work out."

Uh, seriously?

So he's going to break the NFL record for TDs in his 2nd year?

Sorry, he's got nothing on Gronk. Gronk's bigger, and certainly faster, and breaks tackles like no one else.

Edit: Eh, I'm being a bit hyperbolic, too. Fleener's size IS comparable.

But Gronk is already all-world, and is currently the best TE in the NFL, bar none.

Fleener is faster actually And gronk is the same height and like 18 pounds heavier. I'm sure fleener can put on 10 more pounds to his frame and still be fast. Similar hand,arm size plus fleener had like a 37inch vert and gronk a 33

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think odunze, Harrison,  and nabors are all better than pittman that's for sure and there there are several  wrs better than pierce as well as well as many corners that are better  than what we have.
    • Sure alot can get a 1000 yards, but what makes wrs elite are the ones who score alot and catch first downs. Colts don't have a wr on the roster that scores alot. Pittman is a wr 2 in my opinion. Pierce a wr 4 with wr 2 potential. Downs wr 2/3. Neither one of those guys are marvin Harrison  or Reggie Wayne. None of our safeties are Bob sanders. None of our edge rushers are freeney or Mathis. No Nick harpers, Kelvin Hayden, marlin Jackson, or vontaome Davis at cb So we can stand to improve  at wr, s, pass rush,and cb. We have alot of solid  guys sprinkled across the roster but very few I'd consider  elite. Buckner, Nelson, and a healthy Taylor  are among the elite. That is why I'm hoping for a game changing player in the first round. Most rookie corners aren't  that.
    • Two relevant points.   Regarding the team ALWAYS going to be run first team, RB shelf life is short and JT has already played a lot of years compared to average peak time for RBs, so there aren't many years in him into the future unless he goes on like Adrian Peterson. This team was run first because QBs weren't good, was it run first with Andrew Luck? I don't think this team is going to be run-first offense ALWAYS, especially after drafting AR, while expecting him to grow to be a franchise QB-level passer.   Yes, it's all true that Jefferson got drafted at 22,Ceedee went 17, Juedy went 15 , Aiyuk 25 and Higgins 33 but GM has gotta pick the right guy at right time and other teams shouldn't get to the right guy before Colts do.   For every Jefferson at #22 example, there's a Jalen Reagor at #21. The toughest part in picking Jefferson at #22 is not picking a bust like Reagor and missing out on Jefferson. As you go away from the top of the Draft, hitting on busts is more likely than exactly drafting the perfect right guy. Drafting isn't that easy, without the help of hindsight.    Right now, We can't name which of the WRs in upcoming draft will be a good value, good return pick, even though this draft class is super, super deep on WRs. Of course, 4 years later in 2028, everyone can point out Jefferson or Higgins or Lamb or Aiyuk of 2024 WR Draft Class. 
    • No idea why you can't PM me. I did pm u a week or two ago. No idea if u received it.
    • Replace Arnold with Brian thomas jr  and I'll agree
  • Members