Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welcome To Indianapolis Coby Fleener

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people hate on him but I like this pick a lot. He's a pass catching TE, something the Colts needed terribly. Brody Eldridge, Kyle Miller, and Justin Snow were our other options on the roster and Fleener is more athletic and faster than any of the other TEs in the draft. Whether you like it or not, he's our starting TE

I like it....

...Luck has someone he can trust....and in combo with Wayne....the old pro..

Collie..the seam buster..and Avery, the deep threat....

..we have an attack.....that will keep up in games.

Coby is Luck's Dallas Clark....only a taller, faster Clark

The Colts didn't play cover two the whole game.

What they didn't do was they didn't press and they had their hands bound by an antiquated and arrogant defensive philosophy.

The strategy is clear, ladies and gentlemen. Build the offense around Luck. We're rebuilding, Rome wasn't built in a day.

You'll get better match-ups with a TE.

Fleener has all that, and well be lined up with LB's and Safeties.

We also have Reggie and Collie, both serviceable players, tell me, who did we have at TE?

He's also a legitimate deep threat, these match-up nightmare TE's are the future.

Everybody ssemed to fogert that we lost Clark AND Tamme....

...the onky guy we have who wil make next year's roster as a TE is Brody Eldridge, a blocker.

You dont game plan against Brody Eldridge...

You must have severn concerns about a 6-foot-6 good-hands person...

Andrew Luck has to love this pick...

What they didn't do was they didn't press and they had their hands bound by an antiquated and arrogant defensive philosophy.

The strategy is clear, ladies and gentlemen. Build the offense around Luck. We're rebuilding, Rome wasn't built in a day.

We could've went for a TE in the 3rd or 4th round.

Some of these picks are just kind of unbelievable. Denver takes Derrick Wolf. Who?

We may still get 1st rd. talent at the top of the 3rd the way teams are reaching.

I hear you....

IN Chicago Friday...folks are confused about the Bears 1st round pick

the Boise State defensive end..whio's about 255 pounds

there is NO WAY he can start for the Bears..who desperately need offensive linemen.

A stupifying pick

This was a good move. I know Janoris Jenkins or possibly Courtney Upshaw were probably the sexier picks at that spot from a potential perspective but a big pass-catching TE is invaluable to a rookie QB. The fact that you got the best available one and he already has chemistry with your QB is just icing on the cake.

We could've went for a TE in the 3rd or 4th round.

Not "a" TE. "THE" TE.....lol

TE's ain't what they used to be. They are relevant in today's pass first league as bonafide scoring threats. Fleener exploded after the combine far ahead of his class.

We have him now. I feel so happy about this pick I might launch a bottle rocket from the crack of my butt.

yesssss!! Luck to Fleener connection continues.

I kinda find it funny when some say he only looked good because Luck was throwing to him. Guess what? Hes still gonna throw to him...

Great point...

If it was just Luck that made Fleener look good..he can just go on and keep on making him look good...

Not "a" TE. "THE" TE.....lol

TE's ain't what they used to be. They are relevant in today's pass first league as bonified scoring threats. Fleener exploded after the combine far ahead of his class.

We have him now. I feel so happy about this pick I might launch a bottle rocket from the crack of my butt.

LOL, literally!

I would have picked Jenkins. Top 10 talent, but off field made him drop the second round. There are other TEs available in the next couple rounds that could be close to as good as Fleener, there are no secondary players making it to round 3 or 4 that have the talent of Jenkins.

This league wins with talent, not necessarily choir boys. Should have taken a chance on Jenkins.

how many people wanted fleener but thought now way in gods green earth would he be there at 34. guess what?!? we got him!! you can not underestimate how this will help Luck and Fleener having them together starting their NFL career together. Oh did i mention he was 6'6" and ran a 4.5? yeah, thats right...freak of nature. I never realizewd how big he was from the way he runs and catches on the field.

At 6-6 250 and can run like a WR, I would HOPE he turns out better than Clark. Or else we just reached for this pick.

How can you say we reached here? Kid has first round talent, also why would he have to be better than Clark or it's considered a reach? Clark was a 1st round pick... Fleener is a 2nd.

So if Jenkins never has anymore issues and becomes the corner everyone said he could be what then?

well the congrats to jenkins for getting his crap together...btw, pacman jones was one of the top cbs coming out. howd that work out?

I kinda disagree with that, Kevin Thomas and the other CB who's name escapes me are both really good cover corners. The only thing is the players are UNKNOWN in the secondary not bad... would have just been great if there was depth

So if Jenkins never has anymore issues and becomes the corner everyone said he could be what then?

That is a highly unlikely situation considering his history. We don't need players like that on this team. The best part of the Polian era for me was the character of the players. No thanks on being the Raiders and Bengals.

I like it....

...Luck has someone he can trust....and in combo with Wayne....the old pro..

Collie..the seam buster..and Avery, the deep threat....

..we have an attack.....that will keep up in games.

Coby is Luck's Dallas Clark....only a taller, faster Clark

Fleener should turn out to be much better than Clark. He has just as good hands, runs just as good routes, is bigger, and already has chemistry with his NFL QB.

If Fleener adds some more weight and muscle, he should be a beast TE and very difficult to cover, like Gronk is.

I personally would have preferred the protection from Glen, but I'm sure Luck will be pleased with this pick up and he is a first round talent that fell to the second. So overall I'm fine with this pick, we do need a TE after all and he is good in a group short on TE's.

This was the best possible pick they could have made!

Fleener and Luck in Indy!

Too bad i missed it! Train ride back to MTL got held up... :(

You crazy canuks, always late and blaming the train. I jumped out of my seat and frightened my neighbors when they made the pick.

and what if not? I mean come on you just don't know how he turns out. we are rebuilding and need talented AND reliable players!

Thus we draft a sure thing in Fleener. We've got to put Luck in the best position to succeed. This pick could have a huge impact in our passing game, and give us a potential matchup nightmare on offense. Our passing game was so pitiful last year...

Fleener should turn out to be much better than Clark. He has just as good hands, runs just as good routes, is bigger, and already has chemistry with his NFL QB.

If Fleener adds some more weight and muscle, he should be a beast TE and very difficult to cover, like Gronk is.

I hope you are right..because Clark had a 1,000-yard season, right???

I agree....This is the deep threat tight end.....that Indy has NEVER had