Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welcome To Indianapolis Coby Fleener

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed emotions about this pick. Fleener is talented but we could use some difference makers on defense. I hope we have a plan to pick up a NT, CB and a WR in this draft.

We could use some difference makers on the Offense as well. You just can't fill all the holes with one draft. Next year will be tough anyway. You can draft some defense talent and probably will struggle on Offense with no weapons for Luck. If you draft Offense you will struggle on Defense.

I know a lot of people hate on him but I like this pick a lot. He's a pass catching TE, something the Colts needed terribly. Brody Eldridge, Kyle Miller, and Justin Snow were our other options on the roster and Fleener is more athletic and faster than any of the other TEs in the draft. Whether you like it or not, he's our starting TE

I love it!!! Arguably the best player available and a HUGE need for the Colts. When a guy is almost 6'7", soft hands, and sub 4.5 speed at Pro Day, you cannot beat that. Great pick! Great draft!

I have hard WR and O-Line are deep in this draft, so I am sure that will be visited after this point.

LOVE IT!!!

With Wayne and Collie already in place add Luck's favorite target from college and he now has some weapons to play with to help him make the move to the NFL. We need another WR at some point but I am not looking for us to get a future number one in this draft, I think resigning Wayne let's us focus on getting that next year perhaps but we do another guy this year but that is something we can get in the later rounds.

I am also not happy about this pick but not mad either.For a minute I thought Polian sneaked into the Colts drafting room. I hope we will have some good defense players in the 3rd round.

But we don't have no TE and Luck and Colby they know each other really well so I guess I am okay with it. I trust Grigs and his drafting along with Pags and Irsay if they liked him then I am all for the pick. I hope I will be excited, about the rest of picks the rest of the draft night tonight and tomorrow though. But I am 50 50 on board. After saying that Welcome to Indy Colby.

A 6'5 WR with 4.3 speed with great hands. Hill.

Some would argue fleener is better. Hill is basically a go route guy. He also dropped a lot of big plays. I would of been happier with either but IMO fleener is a better fit for the colts. There is a reason the rams didn't pick him.

A 6'5 WR with 4.3 speed with great hands. Hill.

You'll get better match-ups with a TE.

Fleener has all that, and well be lined up with LB's and Safeties.

We also have Reggie and Collie, both serviceable players, tell me, who did we have at TE?

He's also a legitimate deep threat, these match-up nightmare TE's are the future.

I'll wait to judge this pick. We can't compare him to Gronk. They are different players. I could see Fleener being a TE not yet seen in the NFL. A guy that is 6-6 250 pounds, runs like a WR, just needs to work on blocking some. Could be a great weapon for us.

Now lets focus on the DEFENSE! Maybe get 1 WR like Joe Adams in the 5th.

:no:

Bad pick. We have 8 terrible corners on the roster and we go Offense. wth

I called Fleener as our guy 2 months ago (firsties!). Actually Jason made mention of him as well, congratulations to him for that call. I did so for a reason. This is an extraordinary player and a very rare chance to pair a rookie QB with his primary target from the previous year at college. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE what this means.

The logic is simple in that regard. I had to think the strategy was to build the offense early in the draft, and that is exactly what our boys in the office have done. There is absolutely no reason why anyone should be upset about this.

trust me, it's the popular pick. i would have trusted in a defensive pick, but after the last 14 years of offensive fireworks, this what we all wanted

Yes, although I totally like this pick, this also feels like an Irsay "fill the seats pick".

Anyway, we've given Luck a comfortable and familiar target in his first year.

But, agreed, Oline and D next to come next. We have enough O targets.

I called Fleener as our guy 2 months ago (firsties!). Actually Jason made mention of him as well, congratulations to him for that call. I did so for a reason. This is an extraordinary player and a very rare chance to pair a rookie QB with his primary target from the previous year at college. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE what this means.

The logic is simple in that regard. I had to think the strategy was to build the offense early in the draft, and that is exactly what our boys in the office have done. There is absolutely no reason why anyone should be upset about this.

We don't have any good CB and the drop off on CB in this draft is basically nil at this point wo we have to deal with the same group of garbage we currently have.

Powers and Thomas aren't terrible.

Give some of the other guys a chance in this new system, instead of evaluating them based of the joke of a defense we've been running for a while now.

Those two CB can't stay heathy. Both where hurt most of last year.

We don't have any good CB and the drop off on CB in this draft is basically nil at this point wo we have to deal with the same group of garbage we currently have.

The CB's we have were made to look like fools because of that @#$% cover-2. Let's not lose track of that, please.

Luck may have requested Fleener just like Fitzgerald requested Arizona pick Floyd.

I was watching an interview they did with Andrew on the news earlier and they asked him that. He said "no . . . I would be happy if they did, but I would also be happy if they didn't". Of course I think he may be a little more happy they did.