Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

EJ Speed

dw49

What a great game he played yesterday. Could it be that he's getting better with the increased role and playing time. Couple more games like that and he will earn an extension this offseason. Too bad somehow we didn't end up losing Leonard and keeping Okereke . In any event both Franklin and Speed only have 1 year left on their contracts and we are ridiculously thin behind those 2. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, dw49 said:

What a great game he played yesterday. Could it be that he's getting better with the increased role and playing time. Couple more games like that and he will earn an extension this offseason. Too bad somehow we didn't end up losing Leonard and keeping Okereke . In any event both Franklin and Speed only have 1 year left on their contracts and we are ridiculously thin behind those 2. 

He’s a dawg. And he stepped up when we needed him to. Proud of him and the defense last night for figuring things out and putting the hurt on a bad offense. 

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Speed is becoming really good against the run. He is getting off blocks well and slicing through the line to make plays. I expect us to give him a nice payday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Speed is becoming really good against the run. He is getting off blocks well and slicing through the line to make plays. I expect us to give him a nice payday.

agreed! But I would wait to see more before giving him a big contract. He is much better than Franklin. The colts need to have lb as a high priority in the draft. I think the defense can be really good if the lb position is addressed. I think the young db’s will continue to to get better.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I agree cornerback is a priority, but if Franklin and Speed are so good, and Harrison has played well in a smaller role, not sure I see linebacker being a huge need when we just play two most of the time.

Harrison should be a FAST linebacker coming from Safety spot and has already payed dividends with that speed. Speed has improved every year. We need depth behind those 2 though. Franklin just a blue collar  solid player, salary wont be high which allows it to be spent elsewhere.