Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bengals post game reaction

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

You are way too hung up on where guys were drafted.  Yes they need a Free Safety but Flowers has played like a starter regardless of his draft status.  Same with Jones.  They also have Brents who will be back.  That’s before you get to Kenny Moore if they keep them they have four starting caliber corners.  They can use another one for depth but it doesn’t have to be a high pick.  If a special player is there of course you take them but they don’t need to force it.  Things are not as bad at corner as you are making it seem.  

Jones? Yes. Brent’s? Definitely was playing great before the injury. But Flowers? No. Can someone explain where the Flowers hype started? I never got it. On ST’s he was electric as a returner. But on defense I never saw it. When did he ever show anything like what Jones is showing now to warrant the hype he had coming into the season?

3 minutes ago, coltsva said:

It's one game, and we're still sitting in the 7th spot. The teams battling for the wild card are all inconsistent, which is why they're all 7-6. Houston was crushed by the lowly Jets!

We beat Steelers, Texans and either Falcons or Raiders, and we'll be in at 10-7. Play .500 and we'll be out 9-8. I'd have signed on for this 5 weeks ago. 

Colts play Steelers, Falcons, Raiders, Texans

Bills play Cowboys, Patriots, Chargers & Dolphins

Broncos play Lions, Patriots, Chargers, Raiders (this looks good)

Bengals play Vikings, Steelers, Chiefs, Browns

Texans play Titans, Browns, Titans, Colts

Steelers play Colts, Bengals, Seahawks, Ravens

Browns play Bears, Texans, Jets, Bengals

I do think Texans might be done with all the reciever injuries and stroud maybe not playing next week. We will see.

• Like 2

This is going to be a short one because there really isn’t much to write about:

Good

MPJ:  another game where he shows his ability to be an alpha WR1.  8 catches for 95yds is a good stat line.  Still don’t like the high amount of targets (11).  Hope next year with AR were able to spread the ball around more.  The rest of the receiving core had solid numbers.  But we can’t become the explosive offense I hope we become when one player has almost as many targets as the rest of the receiving core combined.

RHJ:  good job getting that interception.  He has been a solid addition to the team.  

Bad

All 3 phases and coaching:  simply, we just looked bad.  Couldn’t run, couldn’t get to the quarterback, couldn’t tackle.  When we did actually begin to move the ball, either penalties or turnovers killed the drives.  This is easily the worst performance by this team this year.  Hopefully this will wake up the team.  We should come out against a reeling Steelers team and punch them in the mouth.  

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i agree people got carried away and forgot who the colts played .   colts only beat two teams with a winning record and one was a rookie early in the season before he was good .   even the ravens game we got very lucky got outplayed most of the game and everything went our way

I don't think anyone got "carried away". Nobody in here or posted, thought the Colts were going to win the SB just because we won 4 in a row. Nobody in here ever posted Minshew was great or Dan Marino for cry out and loud. This is a Colts website, so if people want to get excited at maybe being playoff team and saying Minshew plays good at times, then damn scold them. The ridiculousness in here after a loss is so dumb it makes me want to vomit.

And no, we didn't get lucky at Baltimore, we outplayed them, just like we outplayed the Texans at Houston with their great rookie QB. 

• Like 4

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think anyone got "carried away". Nobody in here or posted, thought the Colts were going to win the SB just because we won 4 in a row. Nobody in here ever posted Minshew was great or Dan Marino for cry out and loud. This is a Colts website, so if people want to get excited at maybe being playoff team and saying Minshew plays good times, then damn scold them. The ridiculousness in here after a loss is so dumb it makes me want to vomit.

And no, we didn't get lucky at Baltimore, we outplayed them, just like we outplayed the Texans at Houston with their great rookie QB. 

I thought Jaylon Jones did a great job covering Chase today. It was a brutal game, but Minshew has done a great job for a backup. Pittman has looked like a champ with him. The defense was absolutely terrible today. We can't get rid of Gus Bradley soon enough. This is one of those situations where the team can make the playoffs this year, and definitely next year with Richardson back. We just have to keep improving the team. The injuries we do have are killer. Fully healthy, with another offseason and another draft, and we're there IMO. Just need to stay healthy and get lucky with who gets hurt and who doesn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I thought Jaylon Jones did a great job covering Chase today. It was a brutal game, but Minshew has done a great job for a backup. Pittman has looked like a champ with him. The defense was absolutely terrible today. We can't get rid of Gus Bradley soon enough. This is one of those situations where the team can make the playoffs this year, and definitely next year with Richardson back. We just have to keep improving the team. The injuries we do have are killer. Fully healthy, with another offseason and another draft, and we're there IMO. Just need to stay healthy and get lucky with who gets hurt and who doesn't.

I thought we played like dog crap today but we were do for a big fat poop haha 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought we played like dog crap today but we were do for a big fat poop haha 

I used Jake Browning in ten quarter leagues on fanduel today. Browning/Mixon/Chase/Pittman stack. Unfortunately, Chase killed me. Doesn't help when you're 75% of a genius lol. 

We played horrible today, but we won't win every game. I'm surprised we were as good as we are. As I said, we need to get healthy, and most importantly get Richardson back. However, we need Taylor as well, and it's been proven that Moss can't do it on his own when teams key in on the run. That makes him worse and Minshew.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I used Jake Browning in ten quarter leagues on fanduel today. Browning/Mixon/Chase/Pittman stack. Unfortunately, Chase killed me. Doesn't help when you're 75% of a genius lol. 

We played horrible today, but we won't win every game. I'm surprised we were as good as we are. As I said, we need to get healthy, and most importantly get Richardson back. However, we need Taylor as well, and it's been proven that Moss can't do it on his own when teams key in on the run. That makes him worse and Minshew.

Bengals have a ton of offensive weapons, Pitt isn't even close to them. Chase and Higgins and Mixon are all dangerous and have great speed. I know Burrow is out but man, they still don't stink. Their D is respectable too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bengals have a ton of offensive weapons, Pitt isn't even close to them. Chase and Higgins and Mixon are all dangerous and have great speed. I know Burrow is out but man, they still don't stink. Their D is respectable too.

I think you better wait for the game before making statements like that. Colts are an average team. Just like the Steelers.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Penalties today really put colts behind the sticks all day. Pretty confident that part will get cleaned up. 

Not for nothing as we stunk like bad feet , but bad officiating cost the Colts 14 points. Obvious clip on Moore on their first TD and then holding call on Nelson.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

MPJ:  another game where he shows his ability to be an alpha WR1.  8 catches for 95yds is a good stat line.  Still don’t like the high amount of targets (11).  Hope next year with AR were able to spread the ball around more.  The rest of the receiving core had solid numbers.  But we can’t become the explosive offense I hope we become when one player has almost as many targets as the rest of the receiving core combined.

Context:

3 catches for 55yds were after we were down 17pts in the 4th quarter.

So 5 catches for 40yds during the contested part of the game.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jones? Yes. Brent’s? Definitely was playing great before the injury. But Flowers? No. Can someone explain where the Flowers hype started? I never got it. On ST’s he was electric as a returner. But on defense I never saw it. When did he ever show anything like what Jones is showing now to warrant the hype he had coming into the season?

Thank you. If flowers is your depth piece your in good shape. He should not stop colts from drafting high at CB. Brent’s can’t stay healthy wither. Ballard to to draft a couple in rhe first few rounds. Flowers might not even be ready by next season.

• Like 1

Ballard always sits back and goes I like who we have let’s see. Then it’s too late to fix anything. He needs to be much more aggressive fixing this secondary in the offseason. Whether that is a vet or two or drafting I really don’t care. But it’s time to be aggressive and stop waiting to see. I have seen enough.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You didn't win any money with that line up

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You didn't win any money with that line up

I used Moss, Kamara, and Clyde Edwards Helaire with it in all 10 of them at rb, and switched the TE and Defense combinations every time. I cashed on the 2 I used Isaiah Likely and the 1 I used David Njoku, but the other 7 were losers. I used Kmet twice, Brevin Jordan twice, Gerald Everett once, Tyler Conklin once, and George Kittle once. 

Didn’t see this game, but from looking at the play by play and stats seems like the offense couldn’t get the run going and Minshew needs that to be effective. It was cool to see Ronnie Harrison get a pick 6, I’ve always been a fan of safeties being converted to coverage LB and am stoked it’s working out for him.
Lastly I saw a lot of posts about missed tackles, this seems to be a theme for the defense this year and has led to poor run defense. I don’t know how to fix it aside from bringing in better LBs this offseason and improved coaching. 

• Like 1

Wasn’t able to watch the game today, and from looking at the score probably glad I didn’t. With that said if I was just to look at the box score it would tell me the reason Indy lost is not getting after the QB and the inability to run the football for a 2nd straight week. What’s up with this OL not being able to run block as of late? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Wasn’t able to watch the game today, and from looking at the score probably glad I didn’t. With that said if I was just to look at the box score it would tell me the reason Indy lost is not getting after the QB and the inability to run the football for a 2nd straight week. What’s up with this OL not being able to run block as of late? 

We miss Taylor and you didn't miss much, we stunk haha 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Thank you. If flowers is your depth piece your in good shape. He should not stop colts from drafting high at CB. Brent’s can’t stay healthy wither. Ballard to to draft a couple in rhe first few rounds. Flowers might not even be ready by next season.

Yeah ideally Flowers should be CB3 behind Jones and Brents. But like you said, you need better depth. Aside from the draft, I’d like to see them bring in a veteran corner. Maybe someone like Shaquille Griffin or Nick Needham. We need vets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah ideally Flowers should be CB3 behind Jones and Brents. But like you said, you need better depth. Aside from the draft, I’d like to see them bring in a veteran corner. Maybe someone like Shaquille Griffin or Nick Needham. We need vets. 

None of them should be a starting CB. Flowers did play well and looked good in his limited play. I won’t cry if they get rid of jones and baker and totally redo this entire secondary. Go get a vet and draft. Thats how you build depth.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I love how Colts "fans" here change their colors after one game. Chameleons make cute pets.

Easy to get excited with all the bad football this year. Very few good teams and a lot of bad ones. Very few good QBs either.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

None of them should be a starting CB. Flowers did play well and looked good in his limited play. I won’t cry if they get rid of jones and baker and totally redo this entire secondary. Go get a vet and draft. Thats how you build depth.

ballard wont spend the money for elite talent. he thinks he can find them in the lower rounds of the draft. delayed gratification.

45 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Don’t be shocked if Minshew goes into the concussion protocol this week. He might of just stumbled but he looks like he got concussed. Hard to tell if his foot got stuck or it was from the hit.

If he does the doctors have some explaining to do as he played a whole half of football after that.

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So you are saying the second round pick shouldn’t be a starting corner because he said Brents in his post.  If that’s the case it says more about ridiculous expectations than  anything else.  Not every player on the roster can be a first round draft pick and even if they are it doesn’t mean they are guaranteed to be a success.  What matters is can they play.  Rather you like them or not Flowers, Brents, Moore, and Jones have all proven they can play in this league and start and do well regardless of where they were drafted or if they were drafted at all.  Once you are in the league where you were drafted means nothing it then becomes about can you play.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If he does the doctors have some explaining to do as he played a whole half of football after that.

I am shocked the people who are supposed to be watching this did not pull him out to be checked. It looks like he stumbled when he laid the ball back to the turf. He also like like he is limping off the field. So maybe it was not his head. I think he got his shoulder squished.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So you are saying the second round pick shouldn’t be a starting corner because he said Brents in his post.  If that’s the case it says more about ridiculous expectations than  anything else.  Not every player on the roster can be a first round draft pick and even if they are it doesn’t mean they are guaranteed to be a success.  What matters is can they play.  Rather you like them or not Flowers, Brents, Moore, and Jones have all proven they can play in this league and start and do well regardless of where they were drafted or if they were drafted at all.  Once you are in the league where you were drafted means nothing it then becomes about can you play.

I was not talking about Brent’s. He hasn’t stayed healthy so colts  so need to be aware and protect themwtkves. Corner is a premium position. You need two really good ones.