Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts released Shaq Leonard

CR91

• CR91 changed the title to Colts released Shaq Leonard
8 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Wow! Why exactly? He was playing that bad? Per request? 

Being a Colts fan sucks. 

I think they probably told him his role wasn't going to change and they allowed him to go elsewhere. Even probably asked if he wanted to stay or go.

• Like 5

Can’t say I saw this coming.  Thought he would stay here and eventually bounce back into form.  But with his growing frustration due to his diminished role, I guess he wanted out.  

I don’t see us letting him go during the season like this by choice, so I’m guessing Shaq initiated this.  

Let’s be real, Shaq was improving, but slowly.  Me personally, I would’ve wanted to see him stay but it’s not my money and he was going to get A LOT of money.  

Welp, one thing I can say is that when Shane said he’s holding everyone accountable, he meant it!  More money for us to spend (hopefully) and we’ll get to see what Olubi and Stuart can do.

Happy that Shaq gets to go to another team and hopefully receives a bigger role.  Thank you Maniaq Shaq.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I guess he requested it right? What’s the point of doing it mid-season?

Assuming he doesn't get claimed on waivers -- and I think that's a long shot -- I don't see what the point could be. Are they tired of him complaining? I'm really shocked, I don't get it.

The other thing that makes me concerned is this seems like a battle between him and Gus Bradley, and maybe this means Bradley won. And that probably means Bradley stays next season, which doesn't excite me at all. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

To me this was bound to happen, i saw it as little to no chance he is on the roster next year.

I try not to worry too much about cap hits mid season but his was too much for the team to ignore. 

It was always going to be hard for him to live up to that contract, unfortunately after getting hurt he didnt come close.

• Like 1

I expected him to be released but during the offseason…definitely not now.

Something had to have come to head with his displeasure regarding being taken off the field on 3rd downs versus the coaching staff seeing diminished play when he was out there.

Just me thinking out loud here but that whiff on the open field tackle of Elliot in Frankfurt Pats game had to have been brought up during film session and probably led to some “discussions” on both sides.

• Like 1