Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Updated Week 16 Standings:

* - Still to play

x - clinched playoffs 

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-7, 4-1, 6-5(Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 8-7 , 3-2, 6-4(Raiders, Texans)

Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5(Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-10, 0-4, 3-7(@Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

x-1. Ravens 11-3, 3-2, 7-3, .520, .506 (@49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

x-2. Dolphins 11-4, 4-1, 7-3, .393, .321 (@Ravens, Bills)

3. Chiefs 9-6, 3-2, 7-3, .495, .444 (Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .577, .509 (Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns 10-5, 3-2, 6-3, .536, .524 (Jets, @Bengals)

6. Bills 9-6, 2-2, 5-5, .495, .500 (Patriots, @Dolphins)

7. Colts 8-7, 3-2, 6-4, .485, .429 (Raiders, Texans)

Still in the Hunt:

8. Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5, .469, .464 (Titans, @Colts)

9. Steelers 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .520, .531 (@Seahawks, @Ravens)

10. Bengals 8-7, 0-5, 3-7, .561, .527 (@Chiefs, Browns)

11. Raiders 7-8, 3-2, 5-5, .469, .369 (@Colts, Broncos)

12. Broncos 7-8, 2-2, 4-6, .515, .500 (Chargers, @Raiders)

Updated OP,  will update SoS + SoV after late game

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Here’s a look at the final injury report for the Ravens in Week 3:

PlayerInjuryWed. 9/20Thur. 9/21Fri. 9/22Status

WR Odell Beckham Jr.AnkleDNPDNPDNPOut

DE Jadeveon ClowneyIllnessDNPFPFP—

RB Justice HillFootDNPDNPDNPOut

CB Marlon HumphreyFootDNPDNPDNPOut

C Tyler LindebaumAnkleDNPDNPDNPOut

DE Odafe OwehAnkleDNPDNPDNPOut

T Ronnie StanleyKneeDNPDNPDNPOut

S Marcus WilliamsPectoralDNPDNPDNPOut

WR Devin DuvernayShoulderLPFPFP—

None of them are great players. Clowney and Beckham both are not great players anymore. They still had Lamar and Andrews + Tucker. We did not have AR or Taylor. They were at home. That is not excuse for them losing, sorry. I think I am just tired of people making excuses for other teams when we beat them. I can make an excuse every game when we lose and say we didn't have our starting QB if I wanted to play that game.

Vegas had them as a 7 point favorite so apparently those injuries you listed didn't even affect the line.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

None of them are great players. Clowney and Beckham both are not great players anymore. They still had Lamar and Andrews + Tucker. We did not have AR or Taylor. They were at home. That is not excuse for them losing, sorry. I think I am just tired of people making excuses for other teams when we beat them. I can make an excuse every game when we lose and say we didn't have our starting QB if I wanted to play that game.

Vegas had them as a 7 point favorite so apparently those injuries you listed didn't even affect the line.

I don't get why some people on here just can't admit it was a wild game and the Ravens had multiple chances to win it but didn't deliver.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I don't get why some people on here just can't admit it was a wild game and the Ravens had multiple chances to win it but didn't deliver.

I don't get it either. There is always a select few when we beat teams that we shouldn't, they find excuses for the other team to why they lost. We simply outplayed them, and our FG made the key kick and theirs missed. Now if Lamar was out and we beat them, I would get that.

• Like 1

Almost every fan base is like ours. One week they play good and brag about their team, then they play bad the next week, they panic and think the season is over. I have just accepted the fact that we are going to look good some weeks and some weeks we won't. That is the way the NFL is now. KC just won the SB and are 9-6, they are only 1 game better than us and have arguably a top 5 QB of all-time and a top 10 coach of all-time. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Humphrey, Stanley, Marcus Williams would be the best players at their position on this team. 2 of those players are all pro caliber. Linderstorm is a pretty good center too

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Humphrey, Stanley, Marcus Williams would be the best players at their position on this team. 2 of those players are all pro caliber. Linderstorm is a pretty good center too

Stanley and Humphrey both haven't been All-Pro since 2019. You are listing players that were once great that aren't now. They are good. We were missing our starting QB and arguably the best RB in the league. We can go back and forth on this. I can say we lost to the Falcons because we didn't have AR, Pittman, Moss, and Smith. I don't though, that is a cop out. We should not have lost yesterday. If Lamar, Andrews, and Tucker weren't playing your point would be valid.

49 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Lindebaum is a top 10 Center and Stanley is their starting LT and on par with Smith when it comes to Pass blocking. In a game we had 16 total pressures (including 4 sacks) you'd think them missing these two guys would get more recognition...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

KC just won the SB and are 9-6, they are only 1 game better than us and have arguably a top 5 QB of all-time and a top 10 coach of all-time. 

This place would be nuclear under those circumstances.

I don't knock anyone's opinions but I legit get a laugh when some folks post things like 'why can't we do such and such??' when we've got the backups back-up in.

We expect Peyton results from Minshew because he plays the same position... Lol

Football is rough, you've just got to hope for not to many injuries and good chemistry for the entire season.

But it is hysterical that KC is only one game better. That's funny.

• Like 4

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think they'll shut him down because now you're in the territory where he could legit have a Richardson type injury if he takes another shot or two (major shoulder injury requiring surgery).

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I think they'll shut him down because now you're in the territory where he could legit have a Richardson type injury if he takes another shot or two (major shoulder injury requiring surgery).

It’s a good week to shut him down for a week. They are playing the panthers. If you can’t get it done against panthers with Bethard then they don’t deserve the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s a good week to shut him down for a week. They are playing the panthers. If you can’t get it done against panthers with Bethard then they don’t deserve the playoffs.

You mean the Panthers who just beat the Falcons, Jags arent winning without Lawrence or even with a banged up lawrence....Carolina taking the W

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

This place would be nuclear under those circumstances.

I don't knock anyone's opinions but I legit get a laugh when some folks post things like 'why can't we do such and such??' when we've got the backups back-up in.

We expect Peyton results from Minshew because he plays the same position... Lol

Football is rough, you've just got to hope for not to many injuries and good chemistry for the entire season.

But it is hysterical that KC is only one game better. That's funny.

From 2003-2009, we never sniffed being around 9-6. If we had this place would have been volcano GIF

And Beathard took some hard shots yesterday and unfortunately their 3rd QB Nathan Rourke (CFL star ) was just claimed off their Practice Squad by the Pats so now you are looking at recently signed EJ Perry who was released back in March and has never thrown an NFL pass.....this could get ugly fast

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Lindebaum is a top 10 Center and Stanley is their starting LT and on par with Smith when it comes to Pass blocking. In a game we had 16 total pressures (including 4 sacks) you'd think them missing these two guys would get more recognition...

Yeah we won because they were out lmao . You would think, you would give us credit for just beating them without our starting QB. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we won because they were out lmao . You would think, you would give us credit for just beating them [snip]

I'm happy we won. I just don't think it makes us better than them. I don't think it makes us better than average. You know why? Because I look at how we played and when we played them.

We played hard and we played up to them, but they also played down to us. And, whether you want to admit it or not, they did have some pretty key injuries. We were missing JT who has shown bupkis this season. He's not 2021 JT.

I firmly believe if we were to play them now or in the playoffs, with something on the line, they would trounce us.

without our starting QB. 

You mean our rookie QB?

I swear AR has achieved god-like status on here among some and he gets better and better every time someone talks about him, lol.

I think he did good - for a rookie. He showed promise and did a lot of the right things. But, outside Colts Nation AR - at this moment - is no one's top choice. He's in no one's top 10.

I wish people would stop acting like him playing would've made us so much better. I don't think it's fair to him at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I'm happy we won. I just don't think it makes us better than them. I don't think it makes us better than average. You know why? Because I look at how we played and when we played them.

We played hard and we played up to them, but they also played down to us. And, whether you want to admit it or not, they did have some pretty key injuries. We were missing JT who has shown bupkis this season. He's not 2021 JT.

I firmly believe if we were to play them now or in the playoffs, with something on the line, they would trounce us.

You mean our rookie QB?

I swear AR has achieved god-like status on here among some and he gets better and better every time someone talks about him, lol.

I think he did good - for a rookie. He showed promise and did a lot of the right things. But, outside Colts Nation AR - at this moment - is no one's top choice. He's in no one's top 10.

I wish people would stop acting like him playing would've made us so much better. I don't think it's fair to him at all.

JT was playing very well before he hurt his thumb. 

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You mean our rookie QB?

Homer Simpson GIF

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mahomes looks tired and exhausted. This might not bode well for the bengals Sunday.

this goes to show a qb needs a team around him, even one of the best needs a great o-line and elite wrs. we can also see teams with an elite o-line and elite wrs win with an average qb

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we won because they were out lmao . You would think, you would give us credit for just beating them without our starting QB. 

Don’t forget the egregious non-PI call on EJ Speed that would have set the Ravens up to win in regulation. 

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 47 - post week 16
On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Updated Week 16 Standings:

* - Still to play

x - clinched playoffs 

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-7, 4-1, 6-5(Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 8-7 , 3-2, 6-4(Raiders, Texans)

Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5(Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-10, 0-4, 3-7(@Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

x-1. Ravens 12-3, 3-2, 7-3, .529, .517 (Dolphins, Steelers)

x-2. Dolphins 11-4, 4-1, 7-3, .418, .364 (@Ravens, Bills)

3. Chiefs 9-6, 3-2, 7-3, .502, .452 (Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .560, .500 (Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns 10-5, 3-2, 6-3, .533, .513 (Jets, @Bengals)

6. Bills 9-6, 2-2, 5-5, .484, .481 (Patriots, @Dolphins)

7. Colts 8-7, 3-2, 6-4, .480, .433 (Raiders, Texans)

Still in the Hunt:

8. Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5, .476, .450 (Titans, @Colts)

9. Steelers 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .520, .542 (@Seahawks, @Ravens)

10. Bengals 8-7, 0-5, 3-7, .556, .517 (@Chiefs, Browns)

11. Raiders 7-8, 3-2, 5-5, .484, .410 (@Colts, Broncos)

12. Broncos 7-8, 2-2, 4-6, .502, .505 (Chargers, @Raiders)

Eliminated:

Chargers 

Jets

Titans 

Patriots 

Updated post Week 16 SoV + SoS updated as well

Updated above + OP

• Like 2

Big AFC Week 17 Games:

#2 Dolphins @ #1 Ravens

#10 Bengals @ #3 Chiefs

Panthers @ #4 Jaguars

#13 Jets @ @5 Browns

#16 Patriots @ #6 Bills

#11 Raiders @ #7 Colts

#14 Titans @ #8 Texans

#9 Steelers @ #7(NFC) Seahawks

#15 Chargers @ #12 Broncos 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, w87r said:

Big AFC Week 17 Games:

#2 Dolphins @ #1 Ravens

#10 Bengals @ #3 Chiefs

Panthers @ #4 Jaguars

#13 Jets @ @5 Browns

#16 Patriots @ #6 Bills

#11 Raiders @ #7 Colts

#14 Titans @ #8 Texans

Looks like a stressful week to follow for us Colts fans! Many important games going on. 🫣

13 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Im with you. I also don’t get why we’re still rehashing this game. We won it, in September…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, w87r said:

Big AFC Week 17 Games:

#2 Dolphins @ #1 Ravens

#10 Bengals @ #3 Chiefs

Panthers @ #4 Jaguars

#13 Jets @ @5 Browns

#16 Patriots @ #6 Bills

#11 Raiders @ #7 Colts

#14 Titans @ #8 Texans

The Colts have already done a lot better than I thought they would this season and I can handle losing out and not making the playoffs…

But, I’m going to be PO’d if we look unprepared again. These are essentially playoff games coming up. At least prepare as such!

• Like 4