Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

Just now, RollerColt said:

Yes, yes we do. Take care of business and then we don’t have to rely on other teams to help us. I hate those kind of situations because it rarely works in our favor. 

As Davis always used to say, “Just win baby.”

I don’t think my heart can take it coming down to Texans game lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think my heart can take it coming down to Texans game lol.

It would be very reminiscent of Luck’s final year with us. Sudden death Sunday Night Football against a division rival. One final time for Andrew to show who the King of the South was. What a time that was. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jemack said:

Don't we lose head to head with Cincy? How can we be 6?

Head to head thrown out if there are 3 teams tied not in division. Conference record then 4 common games if I’m not mistaken. Bengals and us - Titans, Ravens, Steelers, we got them by the chokehold if it comes to that

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jemack said:

Oy vey! I give up.... 😂

Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

Look at “To Break A Tie For Wildcard Team” section here:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

So say Browns, Bengals, Broncos and Colts are tied at 10-7, hypothetically, it would come to No.3 and No.4 in that section if Browns and Bengals go 1-1 in the division. So conference records and then common games. 

Bengals are 0-4 in the division vs Ravens, Steelers and Browns with 2 games to go and are in no position to sweep any of them 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just a note but stroud did not travel with Texans to Nashville. He didn’t even practice on a limited bases this week. There might be a chance he misses the game next week against browns.

10-6 vs 9-7 Texans in the final game of our season, I anticipate. The Texans will be 6-5 in the AFC, we will be 7-4 in the AFC if that happens. Wow!!! That might be for the division title if the Jaguars end up at 10-7. Regardless, the Texans' win vs the Titans was a BIG one!!! I wish that didn't happen so that we would have had a leg up on them by now. 

We root for the Browns to beat the Texans and Bengals, we root for the Chiefs to beat the Bengals, root for the Ravens and Bucs to beat the Jaguars. If all of those happen, we will definitely be in a good spot. 

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 27 - post Sunday games week 15
On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Updated Week 15 Standings:

* - Still to play

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-6, 4-1, 6-5(@Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 8-6 , 3-2, 6-4(@Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Texans 8-6, 2-2, 5-4(Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-9, 0-4, 3-7(Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Ravens 11-3, 3-2, 7-3, .503, .485 (@49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

2. Dolphins 10-4, 4-1, 7-3, .402, .325 (Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

3. Chiefs 9-5, 3-1, 7-2, .533, .490 (Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-6, 4-1, 6-5, .544, .500 (@Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns 9-5, 3-2, 5-3, .550, .548 (Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

6. Bengals 8-6, 0-4, 3-6, .556, .516 (@Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

7. Colts 8-6, 3-2, 6-4, .473, .407 (@Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Still in Hunt:

8. Texans 8-6, 2-2, 5-4, .479, .484 (Browns, Titans, @Colts)

9. Bills 8-6, 2-2, 4-5, .485, .462 (@Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

10. Steelers 7-7, 3-1, 5-5, .509, .516 (Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

11. Broncos 7-7, 2-2, 4-5, .497, .505 (Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

Not Officially Out:

12. Raiders 6-8, 2-2, 4-5, .491, .400 (@Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

13. Chargers 5-9, 1-3, 3-6, .527, .385 (Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

Eliminated:

Jets

Titans 

Patriots 

Updated post Sunday games 

Updated OP and above

Will update SoS and SoV after MNF

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

They gave the Jags only 50% chance to win the division now wow.

Colts 26%

Texans 24%

Just think, a win at Atlanta and a loss.by Jags at Tampa and we are going to bed Christmas Eve as Division Leaders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Colts 26%

Texans 24%

Just think, a win at Atlanta and a loss.by Jags at Tampa and we are going to bed Christmas Eve as Division Leaders.

A 3 way tie at 10-7 with the Jags and Texans would mean the Jaguars win the division, right? We have no option but to beat the Texans outright for the division title IF the Bucs beat the Jaguars. It is the extreme with a win - division title and out of the playoffs with a loss, IMO. Because there is a good chance the Broncos are 10-7 and the Bengals are 10-7 (if Browns have clinched playoffs, they might rest starters in week 18?? Remember Dungy resting starters and Browns lost out?? Deja vu) along with the Jaguars, Texans and Colts at 10-7. My head would explode if that happens. 

Just get to 11-6 and put it to rest. JUST DO IT!!! :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

A 3 way tie at 10-7 with the Jags and Texans would mean the Jaguars win the division, right? We have no option but to beat the Texans outright for the division title IF the Bucs beat the Jaguars. It is the extreme with a win - division title and out of the playoffs with a loss, IMO. Because there is a good chance the Broncos are 10-7 and the Bengals are 10-7 along with the Jaguars, Texans and Colts at 10-7. My head would explode if that happens. 

Texans play browns next week so let’s take it one game at a time. I like colts chances against falcons better than the other two games. 

Just now, chad72 said:

A 3 way tie at 10-7 with the Jags and Texans would mean the Jaguars win the division, right? We have no option but to beat the Texans outright for the division title IF the Bucs beat the Jaguars. It is the extreme with a win - division title and out of the playoffs with a loss, IMO. Because there is a good chance the Broncos are 10-7 and the Bengals are 10-7 along with the Jaguars, Texans and Colts at 10-7. My head would explode if that happens. 

Jags have the 3 way tie breaker, they are 3-1 against Colts and Texans.

Colts and Texans are both ,1-2, so winner can only get to 2-2.

So have to play 1 game better over the last 3. Jags have 2 tough road games. Bucs and Titans(won't be a walk in the park)

We get to 10, I feel good about it(playoffs), just need to go ahead and get to 11. Well within our grasp 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans play browns next week so let’s take it one game at a time. I like colts chances against falcons better than the other two games. 

Yeah, I am factoring a Texans loss to take them to 8-7, then a win vs Titans to take them to 9-7, don't want them to beat us to get to 10-7. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Jags have the 3 way tie breaker, they are 3-1 against Colts and Texans.

Colts and Texans are both ,1-2, so winner can only get to 2-2.

So have to play 1 game better over the last 3. Jags have 2 tough road games. Bucs and Titans(won't be a walk in the park)

We get to 10, I feel good about it(playoffs), just need to go ahead and get to 11. Well within our grasp 

Yeah, Browns need to keep winning for several reasons (first taking out Texans and then taking out Bengals) and Ravens need to lose to 49ers as their 5th loss, tops, to keep Browns playing for the division title and thus having to beat Bengals in week 18. 

Thus, Browns can separate themselves as the No.5 seed. Browns and Bucs for next week for support!!! Go Flacco and Mayfield!!!

• Like 1