Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

Just now, rockywoj said:

Steelers @ Colts …. :)

Vikings @ Bengals … :(

Broncos @ Lions …  😐
B
ears @ Browns …  😐
Texans @ Titans … 😐
Cowboys @ Bills … :)

Ravens @ Jaguars … :)

Colts just gotta take care of business. Go Colts!

I think the Texans, Browns, Bengals will probably win unfortunately. Vikings could win though. I think Broncos, Jags, and Bills lose which will help. Bills have Josh Allen but Dallas is playing better. I will pick my games on our pick thread tomorrow sometime but as a teaser I like Dallas next week out of the marquee games. I don't think anyone was injured for Dallas last night.

The Broncos are most likely making it into the playoffs. The only tough test they have left on the schedule is Detroit. After that it's all teams that are decimated by injuries. The Browns can lose 3 out of 4 and still make it in as long as they beat Cincy at the end. Suffice to say they also have a very manageable situation. 

If we lose to the Steelers, it will all come down to the Texans game. Stroud will be back and healthy by the the end of the season, and Collins should be as well. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Broncos are most likely making it into the playoffs. The only tough test they have left on the schedule is Detroit. After that it's all teams that are decimated by injuries. The Browns can lose 3 out of 4 and still make it in as long as they beat Cincy at the end. Suffice to say they also have a very manageable situation. 

If we lose to the Steelers, it will all come down to the Texans game. Stroud will be back and healthy by the the end of the season, and Collins should be as well. 

If we go 10-7 and Denver goes 10-7 we get the tiebreaker. A win over Pitt puts us at 8-6. At that point we could easily go 2-1. I think Broncos lose this upcoming week because the Lions just lost and will be ready for that one. It is at Detroit too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If we and the Broncos both finish 10-7, who is seeded higher?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we go 10-7 and Denver goes 10-7 we get the tiebreaker. A win over Pitt puts us at 8-6. At that point we could easily go 2-1. I think Broncos lose this upcoming week because the Lions just lost and will be ready for that one. It is at Detroit too.

You just answered my question. Broncos going back to Dolphins, where they ended up giving 70 points, for the playoffs, would be funny.

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Broncos are making it and I really doubt the Bengals make it. They will finish with 2 losses to the Chiefs and Browns, IMO, going 9-8, like the Colts during Carson Wentz season.

It will be Browns, Broncos and Colts for the wild card, unless the Steelers magically find some offense (right now they are playing some offensive football :)).

• Like 1

It is a tough call but as of now if I had to choose who was making the playoffs, I would roll with:

1. Ravens

2. Dolphins

3. Chiefs

4. Jags

-all division winners

at #5 Browns

#6 Bengals 

#7 Colts

I think Bills, Texans, Steelers, Broncos all miss due to tiebreakers. I think we beat the Steelers and the Texans to help clinch #7. Bengals and Browns both could go 10-7 looking at their schedule. That would put us against the Dolphins, I just hope we don't give up 50 points lmao . We own the tiebreaker over the Bills which is huge as well.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Broncos are making it and I really doubt the Bengals make it. They will finish with 2 losses to the Chiefs and Browns, IMO, going 9-8, like the Colts during Carson Wentz season.

It will be Browns, Broncos and Colts for the wild card, unless the Steelers magically find some offense (right now they are playing some offensive football :)).

There's a scenario where we, the Broncos and the Bengals all finish 10-7 which would make us the #5 seed and playing against Jacksonville. 

• Thanks 1

Well, unfortunately for us we have our automatic loss against the Rooney's coming up this Saturday so that will put a huge damper on our playoff chances. Here's a sobering thought for everyone, the Steelers just became the first team in nfl history to lose consecutive games to 2-win opponents while themselves having a winning record. And what's really sad and pathetic is we will lose to that ridiculous collection of talentless and SLOW worst-roster-in-the-league players on Saturday. And what's even more pathetic, Trubisky will be the qb, nice team Mr. Rooney, at least it's good enough to beat us, hahahahahahaha.

32 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I feel that, after such a poor performance vs the Bengals this past weekend, if the Colts lose to the Steelers, they will not be deserving of a playoff spot … and they will not earn a playoff spot.  Beat the Steelers, the future is wide open, but lose, it’s on to 2024.

Not saying I like it, but this is my prediction.  Speaking of predictions, after having correctly picked the Colts to lose to the Bengals, I have a good feeling about the Colts bouncing back and finally defeating the Steelers.  Fingers crossed, for as I said, I think the playoff fate of the Colts for 2023 is riding on this next game.

Go Colts!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

I feel that, after such a poor performance vs the Bengals this past weekend, if the Colts lose to the Steelers, they will not be deserving of a playoff spot … and they will not earn a playoff spot.  Beat the Steelers, the future is wide open, but lose, it’s on to 2024.

Not saying I like it, but this is my prediction.  Speaking of predictions, after having correctly picked the Colts to lose to the Bengals, I have a good feeling about the Colts bouncing back and finally defeating the Steelers.  Fingers crossed, for as I said, I think the playoff fate of the Colts for 2023 is riding on this next game.

Go Colts!

I agree, I will be the first one on here saying we don't belong in the playoffs if we lose to Pitt. If we win that game, I think we deserve to be in as does many others. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

She worries over everything @NewColtsFan, we will beat the Steelers and I am not even worried about it. I swear we lose 1 game and this place becomes a volcanic poop eruption. 

yeah you crazy for thinking we will win easily or even win in general. We lose every time to them so to me its crazy that you think we will win. We can win yes, but we always lose to them no matter what so to think we will lose is not far off.

• Like 1

Here is the Colts path to the playoffs:

W vs Steelers

whatever vs Falcons, but a game Colts should win

W vs Raiders

W vs Texans

Gets those 3 Ws vs the AFC opponents and Colts are in.  Lose to Steelers = Colts out, imho.  Minimum, need the wins over Steelers and Texans, to have a chance.

Best case scenario, run the table with Ws in all 4 games and Jaguars go 2-2 or worse in their last 4 games, then Colts are in as division champs!  

The playoffs for the Colts start with the next game.  Go Colts!

• Like 3

Just now, rockywoj said:

Here is the Colts path to the playoffs:

W vs Steelers

whatever vs Falcons, but a game Colts should win

W vs Raiders

W vs Texans

Gets those 3 Ws vs the AFC opponents and Colts are in.  Lose to Steelers = Colts out, imho.  Minimum, need the wins over Steelers and Texans, to have a chance.

Best case scenario, run the table with Ws in all 4 games and Jaguars go 2-2 or worse in their last 4 games, then Colts are in as division champs!  

The playoffs for the Colts start with the next game.  Go Colts!

I think falcons and colts are pretty even.  They are still fighting for the playoffs.

46 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Go Colts!

Sharing my soul stone logic from another thread :) 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Go Colts!

This^

None of the 7-6 teams are going 4-0 so 10-7 will get us in.  However, the only game we can afford to lose is the Falcons game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Called it!!!!!!!!!!

It reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street".  Replace the flickering lights with a Colts loss and watch people lose their minds.  It would actually be quite amusing to be a member of an alien race whose assignment is to monitor the behavior of Colt fans after a win and then after a loss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They could. That dolphins game might not matter for dolphins. Hopefully ravens and dolphins keep winning so neither team sits  anyone. I have said I think the two experienced teams will get in. That Bills and Bengals.

Dolphin's game will matter because they want the 1 seed and are behind the Ravens. 

The simple fact that we're here relevant again doing some crazy calculations about going to playoffs on a year without AR and Shane first HC season is already refreshing.

Winning out or losing out, this season already made me watch the Colts play again with joy. 

On to the Steelers, hoping for Watt not to play (just rest one game big guy) and maybe we can find some running game again, that would be good.

• Like 5

15. Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6, .507, .375 (@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

Titans are going to be a thorn in the side of all these teams.

Can't see Texans going into Tennessee and winning without Stroud next week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

15. Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6, .507, .375 (@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

Titans are going to be a thorn in the side of all these teams.

Can't see Texans going into Tennessee and winning without Stroud next week.

Who’s the backup is it still the long neck QB forgot his name lol.

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 21- post MNF week 14
On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Updated Week 14 Standings:

* - Still to play

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-5, 4-1, 6-4(Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 7-6 , 3-2, 5-4(Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Texans 7-6, 1-2, 4-4(@Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-8, 0-3, 3-6(Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Ravens 10-3, 3-2, 6-3, .503, .485 (@Jaguars, @49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

2. Dolphins 9-4, 3-1, 6-3, .402, .325 (Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

3. Chiefs 8-5, 3-1, 6-2, .533, .490 (@Patriots, Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-5, 4-1, 6-4, .544, .500 (Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns  8-5, 3-2, 5-3, .550, .548 (Bears,

@Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

6. Steelers 7-6, 3-1, 5-4, .509, .516 (@Colts, Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

7. Colts 7-6, 3-2, 5-4, .473, .407 (Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Still in Hunt:

8. Texans 7-6, 1-2, 4-4, .479, .484 (@Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

9. Broncos 7-6, 2-2, 4-5, .497, .505 (@Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

10. Bengals 7-6, 0-4, 3-6, .556, .516 (Vikings, @Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

11. Bills 7-6, 2-2, 4-5, .485, .462 (Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

Not Officially Out:

12. Chargers 5-8, 1-2, 3-5, .527, .385 (@Raiders, Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

13. Raiders 5-8, 1-2, 3-5, .491, .400 (Chargers, @Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

14. Jets 5-8, 1-3, 3-6, .527, .554 (@Dolphins, Commanders, @Browns, @Patriots)

15. Titans 5-8, 0-3, 3-6, .515, .431 (Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

Eliminated:

16. Patriots 3-10, 2-2, 3-5, .527, .487 (Chiefs, @Broncos, @Bills, Jets) 

Updated after MNF week 14

Updated OP 

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bills play dolphins last game of season. If ravens kick up that first seed they dolphins could sit players.

Dolphins have the Cowboys Ravens and Bills left. They will have their work cut out for them.

They have the worst SoS and SoV of all AFC teams. 

Very easily could go 0-3 in those 3 games.

4th game remaining is the Jets(actually next game)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Dolphins have the Cowboys Ravens and Bills left. They will have their work cut out for them.

They have the worst SoS and SoV of all AFC teams. 

Very easily could go 0-3 in those 3 games.

4th game remaining is the Jets(actually next game)

They are also bad against good teams. I could see them losing all 3. Bills could still have chance at the division.