Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

My not using any common sense? Oh. You mean “you’re.” Sorry.

They shouldn’t HAVE to announce that their rookie QB won’t be playing behind a line made out of tissue paper in a meaningless preseason game AFTER they said he had two great days of practice against them. Is this your first preseason game? I’ve been to a few, and I don’t recall them ever announcing that Peyton or Andrew weren’t playing. I didn’t get upset and start ranting online about it. 

Sorry you think I made “terrible” comments, but you’re crying about spilled milk. 

Well, there plenty ppl upset at the game as I was there. I knew he wouldn’t play because they were keeping it under wraps to sell tickets end of story. 

Well at least the Colts are taking the right approach here.  Play hardball on your expectation.  Taylor is a stud.  He is worth a first round pick.  If you cannot move him, then hold on to him and move him closer to the deadline when a talent like his will have more value to contenders.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone still want to say JT is actually still hurt lol.

No.  It was a ruse all along.  I bet he could pass a physical tomorrow.  I think we will find a trade partner pretty quickly probably Miami if I was a betting man.  I think he is going to get a nice contract and the Colts are going to receive a very nice return as well.  Much better than people are thinking.  He is only 24.  A contender is going to take the leap and go all in.  We are going to be fine.

• Like 3

Taylor is going to get hit with a dose of reality when he sees that no team is going to be willing to offer him $16m a year, or even close to that.

The question just remains, has he burned all of the bridges with the Colts in so much as he would take what he deems to be a low salary (like $8m or so), elsewhere, just to get outa town?..... 

At this point, I dont care anymore so long as we get at least a higgh 2nd round pick in return (and preferably more).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I cant imagine anyone giving up a first. 

We would be lucky to get a second out of this.  The team probably wouldn't trade him for less but we may not even get that offer

I’m thinking a 3rd rounder is the ceiling here.  No way on earth we get a 1st for a one year rental.

But who knows?  Just a sad deal on all this.  Hate to see it.

Teams are going to be interested.  They will initially want to take advantage of the situation and buy low on a stud talent, but the amount of interest should prevent that.

Colts need to get two or more teams in competition for him.  This is what drove the McCaffrey deal.

Danger to all this is possible desperation by Irsay.  Where he wants this kid off his team now which can affect things if it is true and other teams know it.  So hopefully he stays out of it and lets Ballard and team run the show.

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

I wouldnt be surprised if that is true but i question if the colts would pull the trigger on that or just hang onto him

Colts hold all the cards, second round minimum, which is why they hinted at a first, plus. It could come down to suit up, or hold out and forget the salary due to fines in a few months, his choice

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hopefully this turns into a Lamar Jackson thing and he comes back but it isn’t looking good.

Lamar was seeking a contract that was somewhere near the realm of possibility for him.  On the high end of market, but close to realistic.  And (importantly) in a bull market for top-tier QBs.

JT couldn’t get what he’s demanding from any team.  It’s a bear market for RBs - not just him, not just the Colts.  He thinks his issue is with Irsay and Ballard.  But his problem is really with the market.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, w87r said:

I haven't seen mentioned, the first thing that came to my mind.

Taylor has to prove he is healthy to these other teams, which in point is going to force him to admit he is good to go.

So if the Colts don't get their 1st or combo value 1st, they don't have to move him.

He will of lost his out of being injured because he just proved he was healthy to get a trade offer.

Dolphins have a 1st and 2nd next year.

If they really want Taylor, it is going to cost that 1st or the 2nd + 2025 2nd/ or player.

Colts are in the driver seat and really just gave Taylor enough room to lose his injury claim.

My thoughts exactly. It’s a chess match and this basically puts JT in check, with really no moves left but to prove he’s healthy. If he can’t do that, checkmate

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Wrong. I said that Nelson's play has gone down the last two years and that Ballard never should have signed him when he did.  I have always thought that Leonard is a little over rated as  is  his position in this scheme. If you look at Franklin, he put up great stats and that lb position in this scheme always does. I always said i would have played hard ball with Leonard and traded him when his stock was high for say a very good corner. I also said that based on Leonard's size and all those tackles, that it would eventually lead to an injury. Leonard is not a great pass defender and good run stats. He gets a lot of turnover and sacks and I wont take that away. I alway believed we could have plug and played a new guy if we traded him and that has been proven right by Franklin's play. To me to play a linebacker elite money he has to be elite in pass coverage in today's NFL and he is not

Yep,  you said all that and more. Even when they were putting up all pro seasons.   You are more Interested in being right about your opinion than you are about the players being great.   You are wrong a lot.   Most here know it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ok why now?!!

Going to speculate and say.

He made the team out to look like liars again(Irsay saying he was ready for camp) and didn't show up to travel to Philly with them.

Kinda jives with the situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Going to speculate and say.

He made the team out to look like liars again(Irsay saying he was ready for camp) and didn't show up to travel to Philly with them.

Kinda jives with the situation.

Do we know this to be true?

8 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Possible teams? Really don't see any ideal trading partners. Bears? Have the cap space.

It makes sense for teams that are SB contenders to look into it. Especially since his cap hit is so low

Chiefs

Bills

**Dolphins (they seem to think they are)

Ravens

Eagles

Vikings (with Taylor could be nice)? (NFC can be had)

Cowboys 

** also with Dolphins, they are in an arms race with the Bills and Jets, so that makes acquiring Taylor that much more important.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

It makes sense for teams that are SB contenders to look into it. Especially since his cap hit is so low

Chiefs

Bills

**Dolphins (they seem to think they are)

Ravens

Eagles

Vikings (with Taylor could be nice)?

Cowboys 

** also with Dolphins, they are in an arms race with the Bills and Jets, so that makes acquiring Taylor that much more important.

None of the above is good for the Colts though.

If this all ends with the Colts getting a first rounder (or a first round value via multiple picks), then I'm not mad this whole drama even happened. I'd still bet money that JT is on the Colts roster and playing this season considering no one is going to offer those assets to a RB who is supposedly injured.

• Like 1