Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Taylor is no longer one of my favorite Colts.  If a team is willing to give up enough, I say trade him.

With all those other quality RBs out there not signed, no one will trade for him. On that front, not only does JT have zero leverage, neither do the Colts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shive said:

I honestly think this has a lot to do with the overall RB market and recent meetings among the top RBs in the league. This seems like JT feeling the weight of his peers and their collective grievances.

I also get the feeling that his agent is using him and this situation for personal clout/notoriety. He's publicly taking shots at the owner of the team of one of his clients, which he may think shows himself in a certain favorable light of publicity fighting for the players he represents, which we all know is not what the top agents do.

The best agents in the league understand the savvy and nuance of negotiations. This dude thinks if you hit it hard enough with a stick, you'll get what you want. I don't see JT getting anything with this guy as his agent.

@NFLfanLooks like we came to the same conclusion. Lol

Johnathan just struck me as a pretty smart guy. (Can't speak for his agent) so he had to see that he needed this year to solidify a chance at a  BIG pay day due to his injury sitch last year......dunno I think it goes back to the old time saying, "I got an Angel on one shoulder and the Devil on the other, problem is I am deaf in one ear" lol JT listening to the wrong voices ......HATE strife with the Colts.....hate it! 

20 hours ago, Bravo said:

Well the owner of the team IS the person who pays the players.

This is exactly the owners job.

Does he have to go to social media about it? No.

I mean you pay a GM for all of that. The owner just signs the checks. 

Look long term there is a RB compensation problem across the board, you and I won't solve; that its up to the Billionaire owners and the Millionaire players to fight over.            However the following things "could" happen with JT....what if.....

a) JT plays out this season and the Colts let him walk

b) JT plays out this season and the Colts tag him-would really honk him off but, could happen.

c) JT plays out this season and has many mystery injuries with long recovery time and the Colts let him walk

d) JT plays out this season and has many mystery injuries with long recovery time and the Colts tag him. would really honk him off but, could happen.

e) JT gets traded for basically a bag of sand and his new team pays him handsomely for this year ONLY

f) JT gets traded for basically a bag of sand and his new team pays him handsomely with a contract length he likes.

g) JT gets traded for fair compensation and his new team pays him handsomely with a contract length he likes.

h)  JT and the Colts come to an accord and he gets a re-worked contract extension before the season plays out.

Almost ran out of alphabet but just thought it would be helpful to look at all the "what if's" and perhaps discuss where on the alphabet everyone on the forum is..... For me I am an "A" guy.....how about you?

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Something that is funny for me. If this situation happened in last two years I would be so mad. But because there is no expectations this year I find it kind of funny and crazy.

I’m pretty zen as well. Normally this would be time to panic… but meh. 

Text Street GIF

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We are talking about when your team has expectations for playoffs. Usually stuff like this can make me panic and be mad. But this year there are no expectations so I am just like whatever.

Even still, you nor I can control any of it, so why stress it?

1 hour ago, Crunked said:

Look long term there is a RB compensation problem across the board, you and I won't solve; that its up to the Billionaire owners and the Millionaire players to fight over.            However the following things "could" happen with JT....what if.....

a) JT plays out this season and the Colts let him walk

b) JT plays out this season and the Colts tag him-would really honk him off but, could happen.

c) JT plays out this season and has many mystery injuries with long recovery time and the Colts let him walk

d) JT plays out this season and has many mystery injuries with long recovery time and the Colts tag him. would really honk him off but, could happen.

e) JT gets traded for basically a bag of sand and his new team pays him handsomely for this year ONLY

f) JT gets traded for basically a bag of sand and his new team pays him handsomely with a contract length he likes.

g) JT gets traded for fair compensation and his new team pays him handsomely with a contract length he likes.

h)  JT and the Colts come to an accord and he gets a re-worked contract extension before the season plays out.

Almost ran out of alphabet but just thought it would be helpful to look at all the "what if's" and perhaps discuss where on the alphabet everyone on the forum is..... For me I am an "A" guy.....how about you?

You’re an “A” guy?    Really?

The season plays out and you want the Colts to let Taylor simply walk-out the door for…..   nothing?!?    No compensation?!?    Seriously?!?  

I think “A” might be the worst choice of them all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The season plays out and you want the Colts to let Taylor simply walk-out the door for…..   nothing?!?    No compensation?!?    Seriously?!?  

Yeah not happening. Would tag and trade most likely in any situation after the year if still on the team and going into UFA.

Can work out a deal, doesn't need to be (2) 1st for signing FranTag guy.

Probably "B" guy.

Some options not listed

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Here's something I could get behind

https://nfltraderumors.co/colts-considering-placing-jonathan-taylor-on-non-football-injury-list-for-back-injury/

Apparently for back injury sustained in Arizona while working on his own

Nah this is just them playing hard ball.

He gets paid on PUP not NFI

Interesting. How does this affect the active roster cut downs and IR ?

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

No I never said thats what I "wanted" that is a whole different conversation and we could have it if you want.....dont confuse "what I think THEY will do with what I want them TO DO"

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Here's something I could get behind

https://nfltraderumors.co/colts-considering-placing-jonathan-taylor-on-non-football-injury-list-for-back-injury/

Apparently for back injury sustained in Arizona while working on his own

Nah this is just them playing hard ball.

He gets paid on PUP not NFI

I’m not for anything where the Colts aren’t paying Taylor.    IMO,  that’s just needlessly pouring gasoline on a raging fire that needs to cool off.   No need to make a bad situation even worse. 

Cooler heads have to prevail. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not for anything where the Colts aren’t paying Taylor.    IMO,  that’s just needlessly pouring gasoline on a raging fire that needs to cool off.   No need to make a bad situation even worse. 

I'm not for him trying to sit on the PUP list and get paid for not playing.

He started this mess, he faces the ramifications.

If the Colts think he will try to ride out the season on the injury list, they would be fools not to try to not pay him.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

So he doesn’t have to go through waivers or anything before going on IR?

No

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Taylor did it to himself. He should be prepared to pay the price.

I just hope they have legit medical paperwork to prove he has the injuries this report says

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crunked said:

No I never said thats what I "wanted" that is a whole different conversation and we could have it if you want.....dont confuse "what I think THEY will do with what I want them TO DO"

Im sorry, but YOU need to re-read your own post.   There’s nothing to indicate what you THINK the Colts will do vs what you WANT the Colts will do.   Nothing.   If that’s what you want then the post was badly written.   But either way, “A” is the precise wrong answer.  

If you’re now saying this is what you THINK the Colts will do, I’d say there’s roughly a near zero percent chance of that happening.   I don’t know why anyone would think that?

Not trying to give you a hard time.   I’m trying to explain the confusion your post created.   

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

I'm not for him trying to sit on the PUP list and get paid for not playing.

He started this mess, he faces the ramifications.

If the Colts think he will try to ride out the season on the injury list, they would be fools not to try to not pay him.

No

Riding out the season is a different story.   I’m talking about keeping things cool during the pre-season and the early part of the regular season.   

But if Taylor is talking about staying on the PUP list all season, or even most of the season, then at some point, the Colts have to protect themselves and play hardball.  

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Riding out the season is a different story.   I’m talking about keeping things cool during the pre-season and the early part of the regular season.   

But if Taylor is talking about staying on the PUP list all season, or even most of the season, then at some point, the Colts have to protect themselves and play hardball.  

Like James Boys said, his season wouldn't toll either, so he wouldn't even be a FA next year.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s see running backs said let’s fake injuries so they will get paid. Colts said nope we aren’t going to let you do that. Lol

Good for the Colts. The NBA didn’t have the guts to do it but Irsay and Ballard do. Good for them

• Like 3