Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

26 minutes ago, pkbrux said:

Well you didn't say that, you just said sit out. Sure, if he comes back at that point in the year, he gets his accrued season, and in that case I would definitely just tag him for 24. 

Yeah, that's what I meant but didn't finish the thought.

Been getting bad vibes from Irsay for a while now.  Starting to think we might have a lot of ugly ahead.  Hope not, but it feels that way to me right now.

Taylor's frustration I get btw.  But the market is the market.  He'll make some good money, it just won't be as much as he prefers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It reminds me of something Mike Zimmer told the media that he told Adrian Peterson and his agent.

Zimmer said, "Adrian, he's really got two choices. He can play for us, or he can not play. He's not going to play for anybody else, and that's just the way it's going to be."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

you would think with a rookie QB who is gonna struggle a 2100 total yard 20 touchdown running back in his prime would help a ton .   getting a QB on a rookie deal will help a ton and colts will have cap space next year and still have like 20 million this year to roll over .     even hurt and only playing 11 games taylor put up 1000 total yards last year .   give him  a better QB so teams arent stacking the box and he will go off this year like in 2021 and help the colts make a push for the division . 

every time you get a mobile QB the running game explodes i was excited to see taylor with a mobile QB .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

you would think with a rookie QB who is gonna struggle a 2100 total yard 20 touchdown running back in his prime would help a ton .   getting a QB on a rookie deal will help a ton and colts will have cap space next year and still have like 20 million this year to roll over .     even hurt and only playing 11 games taylor put up 1000 total yards last year .   give him  a better QB so teams arent stacking the box and he will go off this year like in 2021 and help the colts make a push for the division . 

every time you get a mobile QB the running game explodes i was excited to see taylor with a mobile QB .

You likely will still. 

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I know it’s a hot button topic, but can we put all the JT tweets and such in the JT thread so we can discuss the rest of training camp ? @w87r 

Ehh

That's a lot of post.

See what I can do, but it's a big part of day 3 training camp news.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

Been getting bad vibes from Irsay for a while now.  Starting to think we might have a lot of ugly ahead.  Hope not, but it feels that way to me right now.

Taylor's frustration I get btw.  But the market is the market.  He'll make some good money, it just won't be as much as he prefers.

How people are blaming Irsay is beyond reasonable thinking. RBs are a devalued position with short career spans. I was here when we traded Faulk, let Edge walk, people said the same crap back then and yet it works out. Irsay knows what he’s doing as does Ballard and as painful as it is, they’re doing the right thing for the TEAM long term. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

His arrogance, short temper, and meddling continue to be massive issues. You'd think he would have learned from his dad.

He learned well from Bob Irsay.  In fact he reminds me more of Bob every day. The only difference is Bob actually built a business career in order to become an NFL owner. Jimmy just passed through the birth canal.

• Like 1

My thought on this matter is I can understand Taylor wanting a new deal but I also glad the Colts front office is standing firm. Make him play it out Franchise him and then put on trading block. It's just the nature of the beast for rbs. Very few have a Frank Gore long career!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, azcolt said:

He learned well from Bob Irsay.  In fact he reminds me more of Bob every day. The only difference is Bob actually built a business career in order to become an NFL owner. Jimmy just passed through the birth canal.

Congrats on your most recent dumb post of the season. Looking forward to your next one.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

How people are blaming Irsay is beyond reasonable thinking. RBs are a devalued position with short career spans. I was here when we traded Faulk, let Edge walk, people said the same crap back then and yet it works out. Irsay knows what he’s doing as does Ballard and as painful as it is, they’re doing the right thing for the TEAM long term. 

It seemed to make things worse when he tweeted that RB tweet earlier in the week. He should of had some self awareness that he had a running back wanting a new contact.

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Welp...  There it is Colts fans.  JT saying he wants a trade puts the truth in all the tweets.

So, let's consider.

If it's true that the relationship is irreparably broken.

If he really doesn't want to be here.

Then, as a coach and as a GM I would have to consider telling JT to go home.

We're trying to build a new vibe, a new feeling, a new hope with this team.  And we can't have a guy roaming the sidelines with his hoodie up and a black cloud raining down on him and whoever is near him, wherever he goes.  It's detrimental.

If you don't want to be here, then don't be here.

In the meantime, an open piece of advice to JT:

You've probably played your last down in the NFL.  If you're demanding a trade, and you're demanding money that nobody in the NFL is willing to pay a running back...  If this is the hill you've decided to die on...  Then nobody is going to trade for you.  Nobody.

It looks like Saquan Barkeley was the wise one.  Take the deal they're offering you.  You're not going to get a better deal anywhere in the NFL.

You are 100% correct here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It seemed to make things worse when he tweeted that RB tweet earlier in the week. He should of had some self awareness that he had a running back wanting a new contact.

I think he requested a trade before that tweet.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d advise you to look up Jim Irsay’s history and see that his dad made him work his way up through the organization.  Jim Irsay has more football experience than just about any Owner in the league.  If you want to trash Jim Irsay because you don’t like what he does fine but at least do some research first.

Comparing father and son here shows a complete lack of historical knowledge. 

• Like 1

I get both sides but it would be bad business to offer a contract to an injured player who hasn't played since the injury.  There is no leverage here from JT camp we aren't even expected to win this year.  It may even be an advantage if he stays out this year, heals up and is still under contract next year when we should be better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think either a Holder tweet or one from Rappaport said the request came several days ago.   So the news is breaking well after the fact.  

Yeah I know, Chloe and I were discussing if initial requests came before Irsay CBA tweet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lot of guys out there still.

Zeke

Hunt(prior Ballard relationship)

Fournette

Cook(although I think he is pretty much off the market by now, NYJ)

Henderson

Although I think we are good with what we have.

Moss(best pass pro in league)

Jackson(young experienced back)

Hull(promising rookie/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Zeke

Fournette

Henderson

Hull(promising rookie/

I think Taylor will end up playing for the Colts at some point this season.  He really has no other option.  Yes I know he could hold out but that’s just going to hurt his chances to get what he ultimately wants (for the record I don’t think he’s going to get that even if he plays).  At some point his agent or those around him are going to privately tell him there is just no team out there willing to give him what he wants.  

• Like 1

I will never ever understand the hate the Jim Irsay gets from Colts fans. As a huge Pacers fan I wish he would buy them too. Dude is passionate and honest and actually engages with the fans and desperately wants to bring as many chips as possible back to Indy.

At the same time I'm a JT fan too. There doesn't have to be a hero and a villain in every situation. Just two grown men trying to do what they think is best for themselves. I hope JT comes back, but the truth is with Saqon signing that garbage deal he just signed, JT has virtually no leverage at all. And if he and his agent want to make this ugly...JT loses 100 times out of 100 here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Zeke

Fournette

Henderson

Hull(promising rookie/

Honestly, I think your idea of a trade to Buffalo for Cook and pick(s) is really good.  If something changes I think your idea has real possibilities.    :thmup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Zeke

Fournette

Henderson

Hull(promising rookie/

I think we may sign Henderson as a guy to try and make the team potentially or go on the practice squad. He's the youngest of those 4 and would be the cheapest.

• Like 1