Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Go read that article I just posted from chap. A source says they believe Taylor is healthy and not rule out a suspension.

Wow so they like many of us think Taylor is lying. Which means they could toss him on the exempt list from what I’m seeing, which also would suspend his contract with no pay this year, no accrual of service year And still retain his rights next season.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Says colts weren’t even offered a 2nd either. 

Likely cause he won’t take a physical. He even refused one until a trade was complete for a report I saw Sunday

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is gonna turn into a Leveon Bell situation.

Worse. Way worse

• Like 1

I am a Colt first, and if we have to hold JT “hostage” then so be it.  Not giving away good players for a bag of chips, and if he does not want to be here then I guess tough luck.  I can’t look back and see anything the organization have done to JT to warrant these actions.   If suspension is on the table, then let him decide the fate of his career.  I’m over it

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah at some point the Colts are going to stop playing nice and this will get really ugly.  Frankly Taylor’s time in Indy is probably over but the Colts aren’t just going to give him what he wants.  They are going to play hard ball on this.

And they should.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Initial dialogue between Taylor and his "genius" - aka agent.

Agent:  Yo, JT,they gotta pay you, man.  They have a rookie QB who need you back there taking the pressure off'n him.  You got them right where you want them.  

JT:  Yeah.  That's what's up.

Agent: Cha-ching!  I'm finna make it rain for you, bruh.

JT:  Word

Just now, w87r said:

I don't even have Twitter, I have seen back take after bad take on there.

Most people are clueless.

I have a friend who is a journalist and they told me in their industry nothing is as lazy as a sports journalist.  They just go for low hanging fruit and easy stories.  Like any profession there are good ones and that’s why when I find one I pay attention to them and not others 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I have a friend who is a journalist and they told me in their industry nothing is as lazy as a sports journalist.  They just go for low hanging fruit and easy stories.  Like any profession there are good ones and that’s why when I find one I pay attention to them and not others 

A lot of these are just random people I am seeing.

It's just whatever populates I'm the Twitter section after searching "colts news".

Craziness.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

A lot of these are just random people I am seeing.

It's just whatever populates I'm the Twitter section after searching "colts news".

Craziness.

Yeah Twitter has made a whole new monster, anyone can just claim they are an insider or journalist now.  What I’ve learned is a lot of those people who aren’t but like to pretend they are paid for the blue checkmark so my rule of thumb is if I see a blue check mark ignore it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I really miss zak keefer on the colts beat.  I think James Boyd is growing and I really am starting to enjoy him. But most of them are bad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Initial dialogue between Taylor and his "genius" - aka agent.

Agent:  Yo, JT,they gotta pay you, man.  They have a rookie QB who need you back there taking the pressure off'n him.  You got them right where you want them.  

JT:  Yeah.  That's what's up.

Agent: Cha-ching!  I'm finna make it rain for you, bruh.

JT:  Word

Fr fr no cap onggggggggggg. 

I hate how people talk now. 

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah Twitter has made a whole new monster, anyone can just claim they are an insider or journalist now.  What I’ve learned is a lot of those people who aren’t but like to pretend they are paid for the blue checkmark so my rule of thumb is if I see a blue check mark ignore it.

I don't even care so much about the rumors that float around. I consider those fun to look at.  Can't really take anyone of them as speaking the truth.

Even the "trustworthy reporters" seem to be way off. Schefter said it was close, numerous others...

Nothing is official till it's official.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Now the big question is how will this drama effect the team this year.

Probably not much other than being asked about it.  Beyond that it’s a contract issue between and player and management.  Most players are pretty good at tuning that out because it doesn’t impact them day-to-day unless you are someone like Jackson or moss who will get a huge opportunity from it.  

• Like 1