Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

Even if he managed to stay out all year getting paid with injury can’t we still tag him next year. If he doesn’t report while tagged doesn’t he lose the money for each game he sits. So essentially wouldn’t he only make around 5m for the next two years and tank his future value by taking two years away from football.

2 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

Even if he managed to stay out all year getting paid with injury can’t we still tag him next year. If he doesn’t report while tagged doesn’t he lose the money for each game he sits. So essentially wouldn’t he only make around 5m for the next two years and tank his future value by taking two years away from football.

Yep, can do that for 2 more years.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It’s funny people are saying we should be running back by committee because we are going to run an offense similar to the Eagles therefore we don’t need Taylor.  They have Hurts and we have AR.  Similar quarterbacks same offense.  Yet apparently the Eagles want to trade for Taylor.  If they want to trade for Taylor then the Eagles and Dolphins see him as a difference maker who could put them over top.  The Eagles are a bonafide contender.  They were right there last year.  If any team would give them a 1st I would think they could talk themselves into it.  That pick has a great chance to be one of the last four in a round.  Not as low as a potential Dolphins pick.  Colts are hanging tough here.  Sounds like they have a two from both teams.  Getting down to the finish line.  Will one of them offer a 1st?  A condition 2nd?  We will know soon enough.  It’s a shame it’s come down to this though.  I would much rather have Taylor playing with AR.

Eagles didn't rush Miles Sanders 400 times like Raiders did with Jacobs, but they still featured him as RB1 to have around 1,000 scrimmage yards. They also liked to mix up usage of other RBs heavily in some game situations, but that was not a true RB-committee. Eagles like to have a featured RB1.

Their RB1 carries get mainly reduced because Hurts runs out in so many snaps and doesn't hand off, but he's gotta reduce that going forward in his career, now that he's got a fat big contract to live upto, just like Josh Allen did. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I cannot recall if Le'Veon Bell got what he wanted but he went to the Jets and flopped. He is now saying that he should have never held out. He could have been a Hall of Famer with the Steelers. He was good at rushing and passing but thought he was too good for a team to pass on him. JT's agent thought the same of JT.

People who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

• Like 1

Maybe that DL signing extension for Miami might of meant something?

Idk?  Interesting article by dolphins page.

https://phinphanatic.com/posts/zach-sieler-has-signed-a-three-year-deal-with-the-miami-dolphins-but-what-is-the-ripple-effect-01h8vhckfck9

From article:

"Naturally, our conspiracy theory brains are in a frenzy to connect to what Zach Sieler signing a long-term deal means for other players on the Dolphins and a player not on the Dolphins.

Christian Wilkins is still just hanging out with the team but isn't partiapating in any practices. We know he and the Miami Dolphins have been negotiating a long-term deal for seemingly months, but as of today nothing concrete has happened.

We also believe the Miami Dolphins offered a second-rounder to the Colts for Jonathan Taylor. Is it possible that now that Miami got Zach Sieler under contract, for a decent price for that caliber of player, Wilkins could be involved in a trade for Taylor? I guess it's possible but to me, that still seems unlikely.

I'm not saying the Dolphins still won't meet the Tuesday deadline and acquire Taylor via a trade. I just don't think Christian Wilkins will be involved unless the Colts are willing to send more to Miami because Christian Wilkins for Jonathan Taylor is not equal. Taylor is flashier and more fun to watch but we know a consistent defensive tackle who plays at the level that Wilkins has shown is simply worth more in this league"

Thoughts on this?

Wilkins had a PFF score of  85.1 last year. (6th rated DT, Buckner was 8th)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2022-interior-defender-rankings

Would be a huge get for us

If so, what do you think the package would be?

Tayler 

Grover

Wilkins

2025 4th

?

Also, Wilkins would probably be looking for around a $25-30m AAV extension.

Probably not going to happen, but did think that DT extension was a little strange this morning, although he graded out as the 16th DT.

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Maybe that DL signing extension for Miami might of meant something?

Idk?  Interesting article by dolphins page.

https://phinphanatic.com/posts/zach-sieler-has-signed-a-three-year-deal-with-the-miami-dolphins-but-what-is-the-ripple-effect-01h8vhckfck9

From article:

"Naturally, our conspiracy theory brains are in a frenzy to connect to what Zach Sieler signing a long-term deal means for other players on the Dolphins and a player not on the Dolphins.

Christian Wilkins is still just hanging out with the team but isn't partiapating in any practices. We know he and the Miami Dolphins have been negotiating a long-term deal for seemingly months, but as of today nothing concrete has happened.

We also believe the Miami Dolphins offered a second-rounder to the Colts for Jonathan Taylor. Is it possible that now that Miami got Zach Sieler under contract, for a decent price for that caliber of player, Wilkins could be involved in a trade for Taylor? I guess it's possible but to me, that still seems unlikely.

I'm not saying the Dolphins still won't meet the Tuesday deadline and acquire Taylor via a trade. I just don't think Christian Wilkins will be involved unless the Colts are willing to send more to Miami because Christian Wilkins for Jonathan Taylor is not equal. Taylor is flashier and more fun to watch but we know a consistent defensive tackle who plays at the level that Wilkins has shown is simply worth more in this league"

Thoughts on this?

Wilkins had a PFF score of  85.1 last year. (6th rated DT, Buckner was 8th)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2022-interior-defender-rankings

Would be a huge get for us

If so, what do you think the package would be?

Tayler 

Grover

Wilkins

2025 4th

?

Also, Wilkins would probably be looking for around a $25-30m AAV extension.

Probably not going to happen, but did think that DT extension was a little strange this morning, although he graded out as the 16th DT.

I don’t think so as Paye and Dayo are getting close to colts having to make a decision on them.

• Like 1

Still don't see how the Dolphins make it work.

They were $46m over the cap prior to the DT extension.

Likely takes it over $55m, maybe more depending on structure.

If they sign Wilkins to $25-$30m extension, that pushes the number probably north of $75m over cap. All this is before even having JT potential contract?

1yr window for the Dolphins, next year going to be brutal. They can ditch Ogbah and save $13m. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think so as Paye and Dayo are getting close to colts having to make a decision on them.

Both of them better step it up this regular season too, if they are planning on nice contract extensions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The only thing I will say to this is, Grover will be looking for a contract next year too.

You feel more comfortable paying Grover $20m or Wilkins $25m+?

Would be tough to pass on adding a DT like Wilkins, but it doesn't matter too much.

Doubt this is an outcome.

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Both of them better step it up this regular season too, if they are planning on nice contract extensions.

Starting to think Dayo might be the better one.

This season will be telling.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

The only thing I will say to this is, Grover will be looking for a contract next year too.

You feel more comfortable paying Grover $20m or Wilkins $25m+?

Would be tough to pass on adding a DT like Wilkins, but it doesn't matter too much.

Doubt this is an outcome.

What is Grover making now? His contract won’t go up because he will be 30. I get your point though.

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

If Paye status healthy he will have ten sacks. Dayo had one every preseason game. I think he is ready to break out.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol

Interesting

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So Taylor was at practice today but colts are rumored to accept dolphins offer lol.

What difference does it make if he was at practice? all he does is stand there or walk around

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Those posts aren't exactly "reliable". I guess they could be "interesting" if you're into blind speculation from fans?

I like any and all news/rumors right now.

It at least passed the time till something actually(maybe) happens.

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

If true, JT may finally understand that he's not going to get that big payday.

Now the question becomes; will he take whatever he can get just to get away from Indy or does he come back home to play it out?

I've never understood, nor believed.....the unsubstantiated idea that Taylor "Will not ever return to Indy". Where did that even come from?  Not even MilkDud came out and stated anything like that....

1 minute ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I've never understood, nor believed.....the unsubstantiated idea that Taylor "Will not ever return to Indy". Where did that even come from?  Not even MilkDud came out and stated anything like that....

More than half the stuff I have read has been unsubstantiated, haha.  People are throwing stuff out there like they actually know.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Reading this I went from relief, to “Oh for Christ sakes”🙄.  This circus act needs to end.  Thought we moved on from all of the drama when Reich left

jAqX9Yf4gnic0A9sWdVRog_r.jpg

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

But, but, but…! I paid for verification, so everything I say IS the truth. Right?! RIGHT?!

Lies No GIF

On 8/25/2023 at 10:17 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I wonder if Ballard is even safe after this year? I truly believe Steichen signed off on Richardson. That was more on him than Ballard. Let's say Richardson balls out and shows he is the future, but no players from Ballard's  recent drafts show they are quality players. U never know, Steichen may take over if he has shown Irsay that he knows what he is doing. I mean, why would the Colts need Ballard if Steichen was the reason for their success and Ballard's drafts netted nothing tangible. Their could be a power struggle if Steichen wanted more control, and I think Steichen easily wins. Steichen could also be eyeing someone from the Philly organization that he covets. I'm just saying.

Marco Brown spent most of the fall scouting Richardson before 90% of the people on this site and possibly even Steichen knew Richardson even existed. Steichen had his hands full as an OC and doubt he scouted a lot of prospects during the season. Steichen has yet to win a game as a head coach in the NFL and your ready to turn over the keys to an NFL franchise. Wise move Moose.

If Richardson balls out who blocks for him? Who catches his passes? Who prevents the other team from scoring? Might some of thee guys be some Ballard draft choices? Like Nelson, Smith, Leonard, Pittman, Pierce, Downs to name a few?