Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s pretend this is true. Is Irsay having second thoughts and going to tell Ballard to go ahead and offer JT a extension.

A Dolphins 2nd round pick will be at the end of 2nd round if all goes as they dream down in Florida. That will not be enough, at all….

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards 

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

So true, why throw money away on injured player and not knowing how he will play when healed. Leonard signing looking bad the more he's on sidelines.

Yeah honestly, I think the Leonard signing is why you’re not seeing a JT extension. Or pitman at this stage. Ballard learning from his mistakes 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah honestly, I think the Leonard signing is why you’re not seeing a JT extension. Or pitman at this stage. Ballard learning from his mistakes 

I think Pittman is just a matter of seeing how he will be used in steichens offense. If he starts of strong he will probably get extended before the season ends.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s pretend this is true. Is Irsay having second thoughts and going to tell Ballard to go ahead and offer JT a extension.

They are getting closer

We NEED their RG Hunt

A second and Hunt…. I am a happy camper 

if pushed I’d give them a 5th as part of the deal for Hunt and a second

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

They are getting closer

We NEED their RG Hunt

It would most likely be day 3 and Hunt. Dolphins wont trade Hunt who is already an asset plus another possible high pick.

24 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It’s most likely day 2 and Ogbah as the offer. If it is I’ll pass!

No deal

27 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It would most likely be day 3 and Hunt. Dolphins wont trade Hunt who is already an asset plus another possible high pick.

JT is an asset as well, a legit top 5 RB

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Its most likely day 2 and Ogbah as the offer. If it is ill pass!

Ogbah is a detractor in any trade with that contract. Don’t know why some think the Dolphins can pass that problem on to the Colts. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

They are getting closer

We NEED their RG Hunt

Hunt would have to include his new long-term contract. So Hunt is the guy Steichen is looking to build his SB team with for 2025 and beyond?

I suggest not a chance. That will be someone on a rookie contract, or Smith.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

They are getting closer

We NEED their RG Hunt

I really doubt Hunt is on the table for Miami.  I think that’s just wishful thinking by Colts fans.

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Hunt would have to include his new long-term contract. So Hunt is the guy Steichen is looking to build his SB team with for 2025 and beyond?

I suggest not a chance. That will be someone on a rookie contract, or Smith.

Hunt wouldn't need to include a new long term deal for a trade. He isn't holding out or demanding an extension.

We would have a year to evaluate if we wanted to bring him back. 

You do bring up a good point though. He will need a new contract soon.

Not so sure the Colts are planning on putting an expensive guard next to Smith at RT.

Makes more sense that they plan to put a RT on a rookie deal next to Smith inside, once Freeland is ready.

43 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Reading these articles all over the media about how nutty Irsay is cause he hasn’t accepted a low offer on JT. Like no, he’s not drunk and he’s being smart as a business man should. 

Unfortunately,  Irsay is an easy target for reasons we all know about and have talked about here for years. 

All that said, is is still a savvy businessman and deserves credit for an impressive 25 year run of great success.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Unfortunately,  Irsay is an easy target for reasons we all know about and have talked about here for years. 

All that said, is is still a savvy businessman and deserves credit for an impressive 25 year run of great success.

Hence the whole “kicking the stigma” campaign. There’s no forgiveness in this world anymore. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Saw that yesterday. Guess they know something with all that money. 

What do they know?

I don't even see what this picture is about?

Wal Mart doesn't sell official jerseys, just cheap little shirt jerseys like these.

These aren't discounted that I can tell. Literally just a picture of a Taylor jersey shirt.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, w87r said:

What do they know?

Wal Mart doesn't sell official jerseys, just cheap little shirt jerseys like these.

These aren't discounted that I can tell. Literally just a picture of a Taylor jersey shirt.

How much?

2 hours ago, w87r said:

What do they know?

So apparently they listed JT as a Broncos player. Not a Colt. 

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

No deal

JT is an asset as well, a legit top 5 RB

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-rb-josh-jacobs-agrees-to-terms-on-one-year-contract-worth-up-to-12-milli

It keeps worse and worse for JT. The marker has spoke. Jacobs is a legitimate top 3 back and look what he juat got paid!!!! I doubt Miami came close to what the Colts were asking. I have always said a 4th and tops a 3rd they offered.