Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Impression of AR (so far)

CR91

We can keep this thread going throughout the year.

5 quarters obviously isn't a lot to look at, but so far I'm very impressed. The poise in the pocket, the command of the offense, limiting turnovers, getting the ball out quickly, being decisive when to run vs pass.

It's the little things you expect your rookie QB to struggle with ala Bryce Young, but you don't see that with AR.

It's a small sample size, but I truly believe we have something here.

I like what I have seen from him.  My only concerns are the injury problems but hopefully he gets that figured out.  Beyond that his running is game changing.  The pass game has been kept simple by design to help him gain confidence and develop and that’s fine and will probably be expanded as the season goes along.

Was worried about completion %, but it's higher than I thought. He needs to change his touch on some throws, but he's exceeded my expectations in 5 quarters. If he gets held out of this game it maybe a blessing in disguise. Maybe sit in pocket more, and not ready to run alot. Believe he can win with his arm and not his legs. More Jackson less Fields.

He gets a B, It would be an A had it not been for him getting injured and having to leave in both games. B, because to me, he is completing a high % of passes (63.8%) - nice poise, he has only 1 INT and no Fumbles in 2 games, and already has 3 Rushing TD's. He is also 1-1 as a starter. Even though he left the game early last week, he gets credit for the win because he started, and we were winning when he went out. Most in here was concern about his accuracy, 63.8% is pretty damn good.

Gotta take care of himself first and foremost. He can't get better if he's rehabbing on the sideline and missing not only games but valuable practices too. 

That said, I think he's exactly as advertised. He's got some flaws mechanics-wise, but he's progressing way further than most expected. He's going through reads quickly, and really seems to have a grasp of the offense already and what's supposed to happen on the field. He doesn't look overwhelmed at all. Is comfortable in the pocket, has a hell of an arm. He's so far making over 60% of his throws as completions. That's fantastic!

Archived