Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Brown

Gavin

Adrian Peterson, thats the only one that comes to mind.

Thanks, fvantagio. It seems to me that Jim Brown likes a certain type of runner. They tend to be similar to his style of running, which is strong, tough runner, like Peterson. I don't think he appreciates the more elusive style of running. My favorite running back is Barry Sanders and I would like to know Jim Brown's thoughts onhim as well.

As for Richardson, I think that he's a very strong, and complete runningback. I think the Browns see hims as a player that can bring consistency to their offense. He runs hard, is also elusive, and can pass protect. If he's able to get first downs, it would take alot of the pressure off of their QB, either McCoy or now Weeden.

Most running back are ordinary.....to Jim Brown

there arent that many greats..He has high standards..for obvious reasons...

Agreed, and when the hosts called him the best of all time, he quickly corrected them saying he's not the one that says that or feels that way.

Some people have higher standards than others.

Well to be honest, I don't see Richardson being any more than a 1,400 yard guy. If I trade a bunch of picks to move from the 4 spot to the 3 spot, and I draft a RB, he's gonna be a 2,000 yard rusher. Richardson looks like someone that'll be a workhorse for a while, get hurt, then come back and fade into obscurity.

Just my opinion though.....don't quote me on that.