Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Samson Ebukam Performance

John Hammonds

20 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

And Dayo 

Here's the thing with Dayo.   IMO, Dayo is NOT a pass rushing RDE.   But he plays there because that’s where the Colts need him to be.   Ebukam isn’t a 3-down RDE, so he needs help.   But the other options tge Colts gave are needed at other spots. 

Dayo’s best spots are LDE or 3-tech.   But other players are first and second string at those spots.   So Dayo plays the right side because he’s needed there.   He’s not terrible.  But he’s not super athletic,  or twitchy,  or quick….  He’s more a power rusher.  His feet are a little heavy.   But he’s on the right side because that’s where he’s needed.   

All my opinion. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here's the thing with Dayo.   IMO, Dayo is NOT a pass rushing RDE.   But he plays there because that’s where the Colts need him to be.   Ebukam isn’t a 3-down RDE, so he needs help.   But the other options tge Colts gave are needed at other spots. 

Dayo’s best spots are LDE or 3-tech.   But other players are first and second string at those spots.   So Dayo plays the right side because he’s needed there.   He’s not terrible.  But he’s not super athletic,  or twitchy,  or quick….  He’s more a power rusher.  His feet are a little heavy.   But he’s on the right side because that’s where he’s needed.   

All my opinion. 

I agree. I think Dayo is exactly where he needs to be. Backing up our starters bc they are better.  I pegged Dayo as a high end backup to average starter since we drafted him. He provides a lot of value off the bench and should be able to fill in anywhere in case of injury. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So why be negative in the first place?  I never understand that

How should I have reacted to his performance from the first game?  His stats were bad.  We brought in someone who would hopefully perform better than Yannick Ingakoue, and he didn't.  He was nearly invisible that game.  I wasn't condemning him as a bad person.  Nor was I condemning Ballard for bringing him in.  I was saying that his stats were bad.  I was telling the truth.  And then adding humor to it, that perhaps if he had chosen a jersey other than #52, he might not have performed like the previous owner of that jersey.  I'm glad that he picked up his game.  I hope that his performance against Jacksonville was a fluke, and he continues to perform well.  I hope that Gus Bradley can get more out of him than he was able to out of Ingakoue.

20 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

How should I have reacted to his performance from the first game?  His stats were bad.  We brought in someone who would hopefully perform better than Yannick Ingakoue, and he didn't.  He was nearly invisible that game.  I wasn't condemning him as a bad person.  Nor was I condemning Ballard for bringing him in.  I was saying that his stats were bad.  I was telling the truth.  And then adding humor to it, that perhaps if he had chosen a jersey other than #52, he might not have performed like the previous owner of that jersey.  I'm glad that he picked up his game.  I hope that his performance against Jacksonville was a fluke, and he continues to perform well.  I hope that Gus Bradley can get more out of him than he was able to out of Ingakoue.

Being patient and not reacting is always an option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

The fact that it wasn’t just one game, it was the FIRST game is what was key.   Fans classically overreact to the first game of the season.    It’s an easy trap to fall into.  

• Like 1