Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade bak into round 1 & go after Hightower?

With many so many teams supposedly wanting to trade down, I wonder if they could find a good offer? Sounds like they would have to at least jump ahead of Pittsburgh at 24 to get it done? I wonder if the Colts could get away with trading their 2nd pick this year & next years 2nd to pull it off? I would go for it. Maybe with Cleveland at 22? What do you think?

Only spot I would do it is at No.28 with the Packers, before the Ravens get their hands on him. Moving from No.34 to No.28 and swapping fourth rounders with Packers should do it based on trade value. If that can be done, I would be up for it.

He would still have to get past the Steelers and Broncos and get to the Packers in order for me to consider it.

totally agree. This year, unless we are trading back for more picks in round 2 and 3...we have to covet every pick we can to help this teams depth.

Im thinking Guard at 2 Corner at 3, I know we have plenty but none are shutdown Corners and 4 Im thinking Ladarius Green and if we dont go Green then I go wide receiver

Maybe we could trade our 2nd and Freeney? I heard he is valued as a 4th-6th rounder. Like Asante Samuel.

I think the Bears are still playing the T2 Defense, that might be a good spot for Freeney? If Colts could get a 4th for him that would be pretty good. I think the Colts would still need to add something else package to get to 19 spot.

If we could package Freeney and a 3rd for the Bengals' 1st, I would do it, but I would have a tough time passing up Shea McClellin if he was there even though Hightower is a great player. If Michael Floyd was still available, I would probably cry haha.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• lol next you'll be wanting this guy 
    • I don't get why you are judging me. More hostility in this statement than anything I posted   To each their own I guess
    • The Colts are 4-2 against a cupcake schedule though, and have an extremely hard 2nd half schedule after the Lions game. I think everyone expected them to be at least 4-2 through the 6 games we had. Going after Rivers was a one-year win-now move. Ballard knew he was getting Buckner for the 13th overall pick, so Rivers was a one-year replacement, and Eason was probably one of several QBs that we'd keep on the roster for the future that we were interested in in the draft.    Let me ask you this. Rivers and Brissett are probably gone after this year. We'll have Eason, and probably draft a QB and sign one in FA. I don't know if we'll draft a QB early and start him year 1, or draft another QB in the mid-rounds and start a FA. However, unless we sign someone like Dak next year, do you see us competing with our QB situation? We'll either start a 1st or 2nd round rookie, Jacob Eason who may not get any playing time in his rookie year, or a FA that would just continue the process for a 3rd year in a row not getting our young QBs any playing time.   I want to go for it this year. Getting in the playoffs gives you a chance, but we need more than what we have right now most likely. Without Rivers, it sets us back another year because of reasons I mentioned above. We may have a "good team", and Ballard may "draft well", but without a franchise QB, we can't beat the Chiefs and Ravens. We'll probably struggle Vs the Titans, Steelers, and Bills. Remember, we lost to the Browns and barely beat the Bengals.   If we get a pick from 15-20, then it's going to be hard to trade up for a QB as well. That means we probably aren't getting Lawrence, Fields, and Lance. If we don't go for it with Rivers this year, we'll probably miss the playoffs next year until our QB gets better, and by then, we'll have to re-sign the 2018 draft class and be cash-strapped. We are in really bad shape unless we get a QB to produce IMMEDIATELY next year.
    • I probably will. However, every GM, Coach, or anyone associated with football should be judged based on their results, not "what looked like the right decision at the time." If that were true, Ballard would be chastisted for the 2018 draft and plenty other picks that looked like reaches. You have to give it a few years. Likewise, when Ballard makes a decision that is universally praised and it doesn't work out, you have to judge that by the result as well once you gain plenty of information. Good or bad, the end result is what you are judged on. 
  • Members