Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT 2012 THREAD***

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the colts are trying to recreate what Luck did at Stanford. People always see the passes, but the Cardinals did A LOT of POUND AND GROUND...and I mean A LOT.

Watch the entire USC vs Stanford game to see what I'm saying.

I dont' LIke Allen as a pick, but Allen AND Fleener are great blockers and If Brown focuses, he could be a 1000+ yard rusher next year. *If* that's what they are doing.

Allen is a round 2 pick that we got in the 3rd. Unlike Fleener, Allen is a complete TE and was the Mackey award Winner last year. I guess he was BPA according to Grigs. Now we have our two starting TEs. Before this draft we had Eldridge (who will now sit the bench because that's where he belongs).

and actually the needs we have all had starting Corners or Guards or Defensive Tackles or Linebackers all within our reach so alot could have been fixed in one draft, I honestly dont get that argument that you cant fix everything in one draft

I think the colts are trying to recreate what Luck did at Stanford. People always see the passes, but the Cardinals did A LOT of POUND AND GROUND...and I mean A LOT.

I dont' LIke Allen as a pick, but Allen AND Fleener are great blockers and If Brown focuses, he could be a 1000+ yard rusher next year. *If* that's what they are doing.

Yep.... and they both have really good hands too.

Along that line of thinking.... I'm hoping we add an OG at some point.

Actually, both Allen and Fleener have been noted as needing improvement in their blocking

and actually the needs we have all had starting Corners or Guards or Defensive Tackles or Linebackers all within our reach so alot could have been fixed in one draft, I honestly dont get that argument that you cant fix everything in one draft

Because all 10 draft picks in one year never work out for any team. Ever.

Yep.... and they both have really good hands too.

Along that line of thinking.... I'm hoping we add an OG at some point.

As much as I dislike Allen, he does have great hands...just as good as Fleener. Fleener is a great blocker despite what analyst say and Allen is an even better blocker. I just don't like Allen's speed and he burst. He is always getting in the RB way when he pulls from the H-back position to block. (watch some vids) and I'm like, dude your a TE, Guards can even pull fast enough to stay out of the RB's way.

Hopefully they don't ask him to Pull much.

Because all 10 draft picks in one year never work out for any team. Ever.

no but it was better then drafting a tight end two picks in a row although I really like Allen and like Fleener but I would drafted one or the other with our needs thats all Im saying