Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsDude27

***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT 2012 THREAD***

Remember, the second the draft is over that teams are calling all these UFAs and trying to sign them.

I took a nap, did we even draft an offensive Guard or Corner? I saw we didnt draft Streeter

As my first post, I should introduce myself - My name is Sean Deardorff, avid Bills fan (I know) living in San Diego, CA, currently contemplating a Bills/Chargers bi-polar custom jersey. I run two small businesses and work at a private equity firm in La Jolla, CA where I am grossly overpaid to do menial things.

The Colts made a wise decision choosing Luck as number 1 overall. He's the only chance to quickly replace Manning. Whether that comes to be will depend on Luck's chutzpah, really.

Lastly, I am not an authoritarian, so I largely have a difficult time understanding rules. The following is an affiliate link. My startup affiliate marketing company focuses on doing everything the right way at thebigbargainbin.com. If the link constitutes a violation of forum rules (I don't believe it does because I'm not directly selling merchandise nor anything besides the idea of giving away the majority of our commissions to local non-profits and I doubt one reasonably placed link would put a dent in the Colts.com affiliate revenue), I would kindly ask our mods to simply edit this message to include all non-offending material (the intro and draft pick comment) and kill the rest via a delete button :)

Good luck in the 2012-2013 season Indy!

Order your Andrew Luck jersey through this Google link and we'll donate 90% of proceeds to Indianapolis Habitat for Humanity: http://goo.gl/RkfQu

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-explain-specific-traits-they-believe-make-elite   -High-level accuracy -The ability to process things -Strong leadership capabilities -Some play making with their legs   was the summarization.    Enjoy!!!  
    • I think Teddy is better than JB but I question if he's a franchise guy. 
    • I trust they'll make the right decision for the team and the future. I'm glad they're being quiet and keeping things close to the vest too. Other teams don't need to know what they're thinking of doing. 
    • It would be tampering if the team where coming out and saying that we are prepared to offer Tom Brady 2 year -  60 M contract.  Tampering rules pretty much prevent the team from even mentioning the name of another team's player in any context when it comes to acquiring free agents.     That said there are 2 things here.    1. Agents and teams have found a way to skirt tampering rules a lot or at the very least break them without getting caught. 2. This information was posted as a rumor by a media type.  Media types can't be punished for tampering.  I think this is sort of another way that agents for big time free agents and teams can sort of skirt the tampering rules a bit.  A member of the team's staff can let it slip (off the record) that the team is interested in a certain free agent.  Media types often don't name their sources but they can basically print out there that the team is interested.  That allows the player's agent to investigate to find out what they would be offering.     Now if the media type named his source within the team they could be in huge trouble.  At the very least the team would have to claim they are a rouge employee and fire them.  But then again a media type that named his sources would be cut off from future inside info, so they won't name their source and a team rep can continue to feed them information like this with management approving (but obviously never saying they approve.)   In a sense this story is likely a indirect way of offering Tom Brady a contract.     The only problem is that Tom Brady isn't very motivated by money and the Raiders really arn't that good.  So I doubt he goes and plays for the Raiders, no matter what they offer.  
  • Members

• Dogg63

Dogg63 204

• stitches

stitches 7,277

• RollerColt

RollerColt 1,657

• Valpo2004

Valpo2004 3,728

• joecolts

joecolts 6

• chad72