Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT 2012 THREAD***

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.. bad forty and didn't play well against good teams.... there were other guys who I would have rather had, but this guy was a TD machine for Miss. State

He played great against SEC, had over 1,400 yards, had a bad combine 40 where he fell the first time but came back and ran a 4.5 at his pro day which makes more since after you watch tape of hime

What positions do we need? The only ones as pressing as the offensive needs we've fixed are NT and CB, but apparently Pagano likes the CBs. Keep in mind our scheme was terrible last year, not necessarily the players...

Well, still not defense, but at least Anderson is a lineman. He's got good size and reviewed well, but hopefully that injury doesn't become a concern. He sounds like a project. Hopefully he'll develop.

Since we're obviously rebuilding the team, maybe Grigson is taking a stepwise approach. Step 1, develop a powerful offense for Luck. Step 2 (next year) build a new defense. Who knows.

What positions do we need? The only ones as pressing as the offensive needs we've fixed are NT and CB, but apparently Pagano likes the CBs. Keep in mind our scheme was terrible last year, not necessarily the players...

Pagano must see something in the corners that no one else has seen over the past few years. Powers has been the only reliable starter (skillwise), but he's got injury concerns. We need safeties. Linebackers are fine. We need linemen. We can't assume that all of our old 4-3 linemen are going to transition to 3-4 linemen. It's just not going to happen.

I'm not entirely unhappy with this draft. I'm not sold on the RB pick. What role is he supposed to play? We've got Brown and Carter. Didn't we already have a fullback that played well until injury (I missed half the games b/c they started playing Bengals' games in my area). The guy is smaller than Carter for that matter and scouts say he's not that powerful. I don't see the point.

I'm also not entirely sold on Allen, but that pick doesn't upset me that bad. I still would have rather had Cordy Glenn or Ta'amu.

Well, I hate to complain since we finally went defense, but Tim Fugger? A 248lb DE? Future LB or did we decide to stay 4-3...

It's kind of nice to have a draft to complain about without having to hear, "Trust in Bill Polian," "Blil Polian knows what he's doing," "Bill Polian..."

Well, I hate to complain since we finally went defense, but Tim Fugger? A 248lb DE? Future LB or did we decide to stay 4-3...

It's kind of nice to have a draft to complain about without having to hear, "Trust in Bill Polian," "Blil Polian knows what he's doing," "Bill Polian..."

Seen where he is listed as an OLB