Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT 2012 THREAD***

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no but it was better then drafting a tight end two picks in a row although I really like Allen and like Fleener but I would drafted one or the other with our needs thats all Im saying

Honestly.... so would I but it looks like Grigson wants to "load up" on high quality guys at positions that help Luck.

Let's see how the rest of our picks go.... there's still alot of good players on the board. :)

I think we can see that Grigson is following his plan of BPA to the letter...........are there players available at OTHER positions of need at this point, heck yeah there are............but, you can make the argument that we now can field an authentic NFL offense with the three draftee's plus Wayne and Collie on the outside and a line of Castonzo-Rietz-Satele-Ijalana-Justice and a Brown/Carter backfield!

With that being said, there are several DT's that 'should' still be available in the 4th round and it also goes to show that Pagano may have more confidence in Rucker and Thomas at corner than originally thought?

Honestly.... so would I but it looks like Grigson wants to "load up" on high quality guys at positions that help Luck.

Let's see how the rest of our picks go.... there's still alot of good players on the board. :)

we will see

Grigson said NT is fine. Now that's what he thinks so I'm saying we go CB in the 4th like Dennard, Hosely or Leonard Johnson. Another possibility would be Markelle Martin. As far as WR it would be T.Y. Hilton then Streeter in the fifth.

Ultimately, I think Ta'amu is aa 3 tech/5 tech. He's more of a disruptive player than a nose. Would rather have Josh Chapman late.

Ta'amu is going to be your 0 technique NT. He can't do much in the passing game as he doesn't have a lot of pass rushing moves and he isn't very fast. He will force offenses to double team him and let the LBs make plays while being able to stuff the run

My top guys.

Jamal Fleeming

Almada Ta'Amu

Audi Cole (not a 7th rounder)

Frank Alexander (although I heard he had a Heart Problem)

Shuan Prater

Brandon Boykin (notice Alfonzo Dennard hasn't been picked)

Chris Givens

Nick Toon

Bobbie Massie still hasn't been picked...there are lots of guys left

On a side note, am I the only one watching the draft via nfl.com? My NFL Network has been down since the Lions picked in the 2nd round (the pick before that, actually). Watching the free stream now, but didn't subscribe to see Bucky Brooks & co, as well as listening to fantasy analysis from Michael Fabiano.

Loved Fleener pick... Curious about the ALlen cuz never considered the Stanford O in Indy...If we are O focused give me Givens and an O lineman. And heck, a runner like Tauren Poole!

Still have pics to thicken the D but if a D minde guy like Pags isn't stressing our current stable of guys on HIS side of the ball... I'm not! Let's put up some points!

Loved Fleener pick... Curious about the ALlen cuz never considered the Stanford O in Indy...If we are O focused give me Givens and an O lineman. And heck, a runner like Tauren Poole!

Still have pics to thicken the D but if a D minde guy like Pags isn't stressing our current stable of guys on HIS side of the ball... I'm not! Let's put up some points!

See that's kind of where I'm coming from

haha it was just a bad joke that we would have taken another TE in the 4th

oh lol you had me looking at what picks we have left I was gonna say then why have I been selecting guys in the 4th round in my mock and no one say a dang thing about it :lol:

What a waste of a 2nd round pick... Honestly i would MUCH rather have a Stephen Hill-Dwayne Allen combo then a 2 TE set... the only way that works is if your team has legit recivers the defence has to cover too... not just Reggie Wayne... we could have had Upshaw to shore up that DE position or Cordy Gleen to be able to get Ben Ijalana to RT and make our Line 20x better... Or we could have got a CB which is the positon we need the most, But noooo we take the most pointless guy, Coby Fleener is not better then almost anyother TE in this draft that we could have and did draft in the 3RD round and if we waited could have drafted in the 4TH round, we had Stephen Hill, Cordy Gleen or Courtny Upshaw wrapped in a bow for us and we took exactly who i hoped we wouldnt, Great way to start of a new era... a terrible pick that we could have used on a potential probowl (if it was still around) player... :(

Mark My Word Coby Fleener is the most overrated player in this draft, and i have a strong feeling will be a major bust, He dosn't have Vernon Davis Hight and Speed and isnt close to Gronks size or tuffness, i hate when people compair the two.They are not even close