Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks/chargers

Coltssouth

Vick looks really good right now. Passes are very crisp, and he looks very relaxed, as if he's adapted the pass-first mentality. Eagles D-line is destroying the Raven's offensive line. Babin + Cole are forces to be reckoned with.

However, the new kickoff system is absolutely nonsense. If your kicker has a half a decent leg, it will result in a touchback. I hate this new rule

I love Bob and I wish he were still on our team. It is of course all in the cards life deals us but I wish him only the best.

I met some of his family while living in PA and they talked about what a nice guy he was and how he cared for his family and loved ones. How silly people were for lining up in the rain for an autograph at a family reunion(and of course I said "I would have"). Silly stories that made him more personable to me.

The Colts did the best they could for him imo. It didn't work out, but I will miss him. One of my all time favorites.

For the record, you could see Bob tear up and get softer when they interviewed him on ESPN about not being able to deliver to his fans these past few years in Indy. He is definitely thankful to us and to the Chargers for giving him a second life.

Was that the on field interview with Suzie Kolber? Or during the pre-game show...I saw the on field interview and he never made mention of Indy (3rd qtr)

Was that the on field interview with Suzie Kolber? Or during the pre-game show...I saw the on field interview and he never made mention of Indy (3rd qtr)

Yes, with Suzie Kolber. She said something along the lines of, "I know it was difficult the past few years not being able to deliver to your fans" before he responded, that would be us! That is what I was referring at.

I see a lot of respect from Colts fans for Bob. I went to Chargers practice last week, our fans aren't ignorant to the past-- and they're rooting for Sanders big time. When the scrimmage announcers gave Bob a shout out, the crowd went wild.

That being said, Chargers starting Offense and Defense dominated the Seahawks. If this was a regular season game it would have been a blowout. It was pleasing to see them laugh like hyenas after they won.

I see a lot of respect from Colts fans for Bob. I went to Chargers practice last week, our fans aren't ignorant to the past-- and they're rooting for Sanders big time. When the scrimmage announcers gave Bob a shout out, the crowd went wild.

That being said, Chargers starting Offense and Defense dominated the Seahawks. If this was a regular season game it would have been a blowout. It was pleasing to see them laugh like hyenas after they won.

The way that 1st drive looked, Rivers may have tossed 7 TD's by half.

Yes, with Suzie Kolber. She said something along the lines of, "I know it was difficult the past few years not being able to deliver to your fans" before he responded, that would be us! That is what I was referring at.

guess i missed the point...oh well, always a class act and will miss him here!

Anybody watching the game tonight?

I am. I'm football starved! Like to see Seattle win (sry Boltwalt) but i'll be surprised if they do.

wins and losses in preseason is pretty meaningless

i only ever look for how the 1st team O and D looks, and if we can escape injuries

so i'm pretty happy after this evaluation #1

The Chargers passing game looked spot-on, but they still seem to struggle running the ball ... then again, it's week 1 of preseason, but that's my take on what I saw.

can't really gauge a running game when the starter only gets 2 carries lol

First I have heard of this new horsecollar rule. You don't have to bring the guy down. All he has to do is buckle his knees?

You can bet if someone grabs my jersey the first thing I would do would be bend my knees with this rule.

I don't like it.

Unless they completely changed the rule, grabbing the jersey is not a horsecollar and is completely legal. Grabbing the shoulder pads is a horsecollar and is not legal.