Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck will be eligible for the HOF in 2024

ADnum1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Please stop while you’re behind.   Way way behind.   I’ve been dealing with you because you asked why I gave you a sad emoji.   That launched this ridiculous exchange.   

I expect more from you than I do from the other poster.   That was par for the course from him.   But your posts weren’t much better.   And if you think otherwise, you’re kidding yourself.   

This nonsense is exhausting…..   

I am not behind at all, and you are right this nonsense is getting exhausting.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No.   You're wrong.   Obviously.   You are on a hill with a few others that are wrong.   So.   Most Colts fans still love Andrew and respect his decision.   A very few still hold some grudge for a guy they never met and have zero clue what he was going thru.    Any metric used,  he was better than Bert Jones.   Prove me wrong

I agree 100%.

On 7/15/2023 at 8:13 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Sometimes the HOF gets things horribly wrong, and this is one of those cases.

I'm not going to get into the Gayle Sayres discussion because I didn't see him play or look up his stats and don't feel qualified to really have a valid opinion on him.

But I 100% agree with you on the HOF sometimes getting it wrong...... Another example is Bob Griese. He used to hand the ball off to Czonka, Mercury Morris behind one of the best OL ever. I think in the SB's he threw as few as 6 or 8 passes. haha

12 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm not going to get into the Gayle Sayres discussion because I didn't see him play or look up his stats and don't feel qualified to really have a valid opinion on him.

But I 100% agree with you on the HOF sometimes getting it wrong...... Another example is Bob Griese. He used to hand the ball off to Czonka, Mercury Morris behind one of the best OL ever. I think in the SB's he threw as few as 6 or 8 passes. haha

I never seen Sayers live but I have seen video of him and know he was important to football. I would put him in the Hall of Fame, I just think there were many Back's better than him. I think Joe Namath belongs in the Hall of Fame as well but I also think there were many QB's better than him. If you look at any list done by the media or fans, Namath is never in the top 10, doesn't mean he wasn't great though.

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

No.   You're wrong.   Obviously.   You are on a hill with a few others that are wrong.   So.   Most Colts fans still love Andrew and respect his decision.   A very few still hold some grudge for a guy they never met and have zero clue what he was going thru.    Any metric used,  he was better than Bert Jones.   Prove me wrong

Because most fans are able to understand his body went through hell and he just couldn’t take it anymore.  Was the way he retired the best?  No it wasn’t but it also happened in 2019 so most fans being an adult accepted something they didn’t like but they also had no control over happened and moved on as most adults do.  As the story came out as to why he retired I think it only made people go I only understand more.  So they look back and go here is a guy who literally sacrificed his body for my entertainment so I am going to remember the good times.  

it stinks but it happens but that’s life and part of being an adult.  Accepting bad things happen and moving on and not holding grudges over it.  It’s well within people’s rights to hold a grudge if they wish but it’s also within other rights to go holding a grudge over a dude who retired from a professional sport that has zero impact on your everyday life is childish.  

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s your opinion.   Nothing more, nothing less.    Some might agree, others would not. 

And I’m perfectly fine with that. I’m okay with differing opinions and viewpoints. 

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never seen Sayers live but I have seen video of him and know he was important to football. I would put him in the Hall of Fame, I just think there were many Back's better than him. I think Joe Namath belongs in the Hall of Fame as well but I also think there were many QB's better than him. If you look at any list done by the media or fans, Namath is never in the top 10, doesn't mean he wasn't great though.

I don't think, don't know for sure, there were many backs like him in those days. Since then there have been many. But that doesn't mean he wasn't special or undeserving. Also, while in that era, WR Paul Warfield was a super star and few receivers back then had his speed and moves..Nowadays there are many that are as fast and faster. Its just different eras, slowly the game as everything else in the world  changes. That's why you have to give Kudos to those that are elite at what they do/did in their era. Which is why Babe Ruth was probably the greatest ever because no-one Dominated their days like he did in his days. 

.....maybe one day we can do a all-time MLB list of some kind in the baseball section? If we do a All Time manager list I guarantee I won't put Aaron Boone on it. haha

On 7/16/2023 at 11:36 AM, csmopar said:

is he really though? Prime example: Lebron James is highly overrated. HIGHLY. Does that mean he isn’t good? No. 

One thing I have learned from this thread is how some define overrated. It is different for a lot of people. I will say IMO, LeBron James isn't the 2nd best player of all-time or the GOAT like many have him to be. So would people consider me bashing him or calling him overrated? Maybe? To me Michael Jordan is the GOAT and Magic Johnson is 2nd and I can post facts and factors why that is until the Cows come home so I feel comfortable saying that. Doesn't mean LeBron isn't great though or the best player of his generation = 2010-2020 seasons which I will give to LeBron.

I would definitely vote no on luck in the hof if I had a vote.  Its not  because he left us, its just not enough

No SBs, no mvp, didnt play long.  Its just not there 

It usually takes longevity to get in and its not like he was clearly the best in any year

20 hours ago, joecolts said:

Great QB that cut his career short by choice.  His choice.  He didn’t earn a HOF nomination because a lack of games and time played.  He’s also not a Ring of Honor candidate, IMHO.

I agree that he doesn't belong in the HOF but the Colts Ring of Honor would be fine. 

On 7/20/2023 at 3:03 PM, Myles said:

I agree that he doesn't belong in the HOF but the Colts Ring of Honor would be fine. 

One could try making an argument for the Ring of Honor, I’ll always be on the opposite side of that discussion.  

Luck was a stat machine but he was not that big a difference maker.  That being said, I think he was harmed by the GM who just did not do enough to protect him.  

If he gets protection I think he would have gotten a HOF career.  The way it unfolded he was a really good NFL player who was not extraordinary.  

5 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Luck was a stat machine but he was not that big a difference maker.  That being said, I think he was harmed by the GM who just did not do enough to protect him.  

If he gets protection I think he would have gotten a HOF career.  The way it unfolded he was a really good NFL player who was not extraordinary.  

Not a different maker? 

May I suggest looking at the winning record and explain that opinion.  

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not a different maker? 

May I suggest looking at the winning record and explain that opinion.  

I agree with you, if anything I always thought of him as a huge difference maker. He made so many crucial passes and runs in the 4th QTR in his career that it was easy to lose track at how many he had. He was 53-33 as a starter and it was because of him being a difference maker. As far as being a stat stuffer, that is way off base. He had to throw a lot in order for us to win because he had no run game. When I say no run game, that is 100% accurate. 

Archived