Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pro Bowl going away?

ColtsPacersfan

Ehh, I'll miss the pro bowl a little bit. I preferred when it was at the end of the season, and we kind of got a no stakes "last hurrah" to the season. I feel like they ruined it by moving it before the Super Bowl. It was fun, but I wont lose sleep over its demise.

Good.

The players do not want to be there and it reflects in the play that is all ready watered down because of the rules. The fans do not want to see a watered down game, and the NFL wants to avoid ugliness that was last years Pro Bowl.

I do not blame the players one bit for not wanting to play and always coming up with some injury. After a grueling season do you really want fly across the ocean and play in a meaningless game and chance injury? Heck if your an owner do you want your guy playing in this game anyways?

Just do away with it, name the All AFC and NFC team, and take the fan vote away.

I do not blame the players one bit for not wanting to play and always coming up with some injury. After a grueling season do you really want fly across the ocean and play in a meaningless game and chance injury? Heck if your an owner do you want your guy playing in this game anyways?

I'm kind of indifferent on it being meaningless. It's the years best players, who are voted by the fans to play. The fans are their market. They should play for real. I blame the management of the NFL for setting the not caring about it trend, though. I could care less if it goes. I haven't watched it in a few years and it's been at least 2 years where I didn't once turn on the channel it was on. I would love to see them actually play but I think it's too broken to remedy.

I would like them to go back to it being played a week later after the SB. Give them the Hawaii vacation as a reward for playing one more game even though it is meaningless. Even though you dont have to blitz, you can still play the game hard, and increase the prize money for the winning team, that would be worth playing for, IMO.

I'd be sad to see it go. You also base how good some players are based on many things including Pro Bowl appearances.

I'm not sure how it would go, but maybe they'll have the PB, but maybe no game.

I hope they replace it with an arm wresting contest.. QB's vs QB's, RB's vs RB's, etc, etc, etc.....

THAT would be the best thing IMO .... well not exactly an arm wrestling contest but a skills contest if you will.... sorta like the show from the 70s where theyd run obstacle courses and all sorts of skill type activities. I think more would tune in to watch it as well....

THAT would be the best thing IMO .... well not exactly an arm wrestling contest but a skills contest if you will.... sorta like the show from the 70s where theyd run obstacle courses and all sorts of skill type activities. I think more would tune in to watch it as well....

well I was being a smart *, since it seems that's about all the effort that is put forth.... but your skills idea is great, that would be fun to watch

well I was being a smart *, since it seems that's about all the effort that is put forth.... but your skills idea is great, that would be fun to watch

They do (or did) have skills competition, though it wasn't marketed very hard but it was televised. They had 'retired NFL players' flag football competition and a QB throwing challenge among other things. It was held the day before the actually Pro Bowl.

Good riddance.

Ive always found the Pro Bowl to be boring and the worst all star game of the major pro sports. They should just keep the award but drop the actual game. Id also keep the skills challenges and such and make it kind of an event before the SB.

This past game was a total joke, the players and the league (NFL) put in less than a half hearted effort into the game. That said yes we need the Pro Bowl but it needs to be overhauled. The players want it - the venue and but maybe not the game itself, Florida and Hawaii wants it. NFL get it done but make it more than a practice session!

I don't know what the objective is with the Pro Bowl. If they expect it to be a well-played, super competitive game, then they're barking up the wrong tree. I always viewed it as an opportunity for the best players to be rewarded with a free trip to Hawaii, lounge around with other players, and then play an exhibition with each other. I don't think they should have messed with it at all.