Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are You Willing......?

sb41champs

God no.

We have to do that here in the UK to watch the premier league and it's disgusting.

AND you still don't even get to watch all of the games as the majority of matches arent televised on UK TV for licensing laws.

N. O.

No.

My initial reaction is yes.   But that’s without knowing the specifics.    What are the options and what are the costs?   The answers might change my yes to a no.  

Currently,   I watch most games at a local sports bar.   The cost is zero.   I’m not required to pay a fee or even buy food or drink.   But I do and that’s fine.   So again, the devil is in the details.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We’re not allowed to talk about the ways to get the games, besides paying for the Sunday Ticket.  Legal and not very expensive.  

But we can’t talk about it.  

Someone mentioned YouTube + Sunday ticket.  https://tv.youtube.com/learn/nflsundayticket/#id-plan-matrix  I think you just can't talk about the illegal ways.

Well, this opens up a can of worms for me.  No, I do not need multiple ways to do the same thing.  Especially if I have to pay for the ability to do the same thing multiple ways.

I don't need multiple ways to watch the Colts.

Also.....

I don't need to do banking transactions when I'm sitting in bleachers watching a game or eating dinner in a restaurant, so I don't have a "mobile banking app" either.  Waiting to do them on my laptop when I get home is just fine, or even stopping at the local branch one day when I pass by it every day anyway is another option.

I don't need three different email accounts.  Or more than one phone number.

I realized long ago that all of these multiple unneeded "conveniences" is not really about helping me, its about multiple entities wanting to have access to me and my time...and trying to embarrass me by telling me that I'm an unhip dinosaur for not wanting to be the cool guy that can do so many things in so many ways.

Rant over.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

Are YOU willing to pay for multiple "media options" in order to access Indianapolis Colts games?

And to the OP, no.  I'm happy to pay for just one way to watch my Colts.  I make it a point to carve out time to be present during those games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

And to the OP, no.  I'm happy to pay for just one way to watch my Colts.  I make it a point to carve out time to be present during those games.

Bingo.  Its called time management and prioritization.  I don't mind forming an agenda for the day or the week.

• Like 1

Unfortunately in Canada only NFL rights to all games goes to DAZN all these year I have been watching only the games that are televised locally specially prime time games but I think I am really excited to see Richardson and might sign up DAZN. Beside that I am not sure what Media Options you are referring it like OTA and access etc then I dont think I will pay for. Sorry

Nope, I'd rather watch what's on TV and keep track of the Colts on gametracker the times they aren't on and look at highlights later. I'm more tempted than ever to pay for Colts games, but generally I would never do more than gamepass if I did. 

No.  I don't want to have to use multiple For-Pay sites to watch my local team.  It should be on a standard broadcast channel.  Every week.  If my favorite team was in another city far, far away, I would be willing to pay something in order to watch them every week.  But for my local team?  Uh uh.

• Like 1

A question for you guys:

Is there one place to watch all games?

5 years back, I had NFL Gamepass and I can watch and switch between all the games Live. 

Is it still the case? As I've been living in another country, that worked best for me and not sure if that's changed. Not sure what's the deal with YouTube now having Sunday ticket.

If it's one place payment for all games like before, I'd tend to buy. If not, I'm okay with tracking play by play updates and watching big plays in NFL website.

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

A question for you guys:

Is there one place to watch all games?

5 years back, I had NFL Gamepass and I can watch and switch between all the games Live. 

Is it still the case? As I've been living in another country, that worked best for me and not sure if that's changed. Not sure what's the deal with YouTube now having Sunday ticket.

If it's one place payment for all games like before, I'd tend to buy. If not, I'm okay with tracking play by play updates and watching big plays in NFL website.

I subscribe to NFL Game Pass International. Easy to use app on my smart tv and phone. Yearly payment. All games as well as NFL RedZone, NFL network, documentaries etc etc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

I subscribe to NFL Game Pass International. Easy to use app on my smart tv and phone. Yearly payment. All games as well as NFL RedZone, NFL network, documentaries etc etc

Exactly, that's what I'd be getting as well if I decide to pay for this season. That's probably the best for outsiders, however I think that product works differently for US residents.

5 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

I do this too. Here in the UK, Game Pass previously couldn’t show the game that Sky Sports was broadcasting but I think they’ve changed that now. Sky Sports didn’t show too many Colts games anyway, so it didn’t really matter to me! haha

15 hours ago, Chucklez said:

God no.

We have to do that here in the UK to watch the premier league and it's disgusting.

AND you still don't even get to watch all of the games as the majority of matches arent televised on UK TV for licensing laws.

N. O.

No.

The TV blackout for 15:00 kick offs is an entirely voluntary thing as well, no idea why the FA still carry on with it.

Personally - I have always used the local broadcast TV here in central Indiana as a part of my cable package.  Since the Colts are the "local" team - I get ALL the away games - AND - home games according to the NFL broadcasting abiding by local  laws.

I would never pay extra for NFL Sunday Ticket OR the NFL Channel - regardless of who the media provider is.  

I recently changed to a slightly different - and - more slightly expensive - cable TV package to pick up ESPN & ESPN2 and Fox Sports.  So - now - I am able to see all of the Monday night games - regardless of who's playing.  I also picked up a number of other non-sport channels that I had wanted.

Remember - back when the NFL launched the NFL Channel - and - they promised that fans would be able to access it FREE.  Yep - that never happened.

It's all about the buckaroo$$$

On 5/31/2023 at 3:50 PM, DougDew said:

Well, this opens up a can of worms for me.  No, I do not need multiple ways to do the same thing.  Especially if I have to pay for the ability to do the same thing multiple ways.

I don't need multiple ways to watch the Colts.

Also.....

I don't need to do banking transactions when I'm sitting in bleachers watching a game or eating dinner in a restaurant, so I don't have a "mobile banking app" either.  Waiting to do them on my laptop when I get home is just fine, or even stopping at the local branch one day when I pass by it every day anyway is another option.

I don't need three different email accounts.  Or more than one phone number.

I realized long ago that all of these multiple unneeded "conveniences" is not really about helping me, its about multiple entities wanting to have access to me and my time...and trying to embarrass me by telling me that I'm an unhip dinosaur for not wanting to be the cool guy that can do so many things in so many ways.

Rant over.... 

Me either. There is no way in Hades I would Ever have a banking app on my phone

We already pay for the media options that carry the games, with the exception of Sunday Ticket which we haven't bought in years and years since DirecTV got so stupid expensive.  This is the first year I've signed up for it in a long time, partially because I already use YouTubeTV as my primary cable/satellite replacement.  That covers local channels, ESPN for MNF, and NFLN for TNF.  We already have Prime which will cover their exclusive games now.  Being out of market I've had to resort to the less-than-legal options of watching my Colts from my phone (occasionally casting it to my TV but the experience has definitely been sub-par.  I have no problem paying to watch the games where I want to.  Only better option would be if they would adapt the NBA/MLB model and allow us a cheaper alternative to just stream a single team's games for the season.  Not sure that will ever happen, but I'd love it as I expect a large portion of the NFL fanbase would as well.

I wish there was a single team option on one service.  I subscribe to YouTubeTV every season and cancel it right afterwards.  I think I kept it this year into March Madness but didn’t pick up another month once Tennessee and Purdue were eliminated. If it gets too difficult I will not watch the games. I enjoy watching the Colts more than anything on TV but I’m already paying $60ish a month extra during the season.  Any more and it will become a special occasion thing like bacon and chicken wings. Yeah I can afford them fine but they have become too expensive for what they are, especially considering how cheap it used to be compared to everything else.