Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drafting at 34 with no Fleener

we can get minnifield later in the draft we dont need to invest our second pick on a CB. if fleener is gone, ill go with alshon jeffery. people complain about him not being able to separte from defenders but if anyone can teach him how to run routes its reggie and we already know he can get up and snag the ball.

Options outside of Fleener: Stephen Hill, Janoris Jenkins, Peter Konz, Alshon Jeffery, Reuben Randle, Chandler Jones? (Seriously have 0 idea about this one how his stock has risen in the past 2-3 days makes me questions whether this rise is real or not), Kenall Reyes and I think that's it.

Janoris Jenkins is a fantastic CB, there is no doubt about that, but he is high risk-high reward. There will be other good corners like Keith Tandy, Chase Minnifield, and Josh Norman available in 3rd-5th rounds. This is where the Colts need to get their WR to develop under one of the best route runners in the league, Reggie Wayne, to be a future starter within the next couple of seasons. Possibly we get Wright, Randle, Hill or Jeffery

Janoris Jenkins is a fantastic CB, there is no doubt about that, but he is high risk-high reward. There will be other good corners like Keith Tandy, Chase Minnifield, and Josh Norman available in 3rd-5th rounds. This is where the Colts need to get their WR to develop under one of the best route runners in the league, Reggie Wayne, to be a future starter within the next couple of seasons. Possibly we get Wright, Randle, Hill or Jeffery

Besides Morris Claiborne you cannot name a CB in this draft who is as good of a cover Corner as Jenkins. Not saying we should take him, but besides Claiborne there isn't another CB on the talent level of Janoris Jenkins.

Its become a passing league, and in order to have success in this league as a defense you need to be able to stop the pass. The 2 ways you do that is with a good pass rush and good secondary. We already have a good pass rush with Freeney Mathis (Although they are getting old) and newly acquired Redding. We have 2 good safeties in Bethea and Zib. Now all we need is a pure man to man shut down corner. The only player in the draft with that kind of talent other than Claiborne is Jenkins.

Besides Morris Claiborne you cannot name a CB in this draft who is as good of a cover Corner as Jenkins. Not saying we should take him, but besides Claiborne there isn't another CB on the talent level of Janoris Jenkins.

EXACTLY. And since Jenkins is the second best cover corner in this draft, he will be long gone by #34. In fact, most likely all four of the top cover corners (Claiborne, Jenkins, Gilmore and maybe even Tru Johnson) should all be gone by our pick. Only Josh Norman would be left if we wanted a cover corner at #34 and that may be too high for him.

EXACTLY. And since Jenkins is the second best cover corner in this draft, he will be long gone by #34. In fact, most likely all four of the top cover corners (Claiborne, Jenkins, Gilmore and maybe even Tru Johnson) should all be gone by our pick. Only Josh Norman would be left if we wanted a cover corner at #34 and that may be too high for him.

But remember, nobody wants him at first round because of off-field issues

Options outside of Fleener: Stephen Hill, Janoris Jenkins, Peter Konz, Alshon Jeffery, Reuben Randle, Chandler Jones? (Seriously have 0 idea about this one how his stock has risen in the past 2-3 days makes me questions whether this rise is real or not), Kenall Reyes and I think that's it.

Big fan of what I've read about Randle. Wouldn't be upset to see a Wisconsin OL/Jeff Randle here.

Not a fan of Alshon Jeffrey.

Super not a fan of Janoris Jenkins.

I think that Janoris Jenkins at 34 is a horrible pick. I think people dont realize that with as much bad baggage as he has got, his short size, he is not a good value I think at 34.

We are pretty awful with holes and needs everywhere, with the 3-4 switch not helping things. I think unless a 1st round guy like Jonathan Martin or Coby Fleener or Dont'a Hightower drop to the 2nd, we should trade down and take advantage of the position we are in.

Pick up the phone when somebody calls and accrue mid round picks for this year and next. We need a ton of bodies and we need to trust our scouts, Grigson, Pagano, and their big board.

I personally would be sure that Luck gets some help in this draft early, and fill our defense primarily in the 2nd half.

I think that Janoris Jenkins at 34 is a horrible pick. I think people dont realize that with as much bad baggage as he has got, his short size, he is not a good value I think at 34.

We are pretty awful with holes and needs everywhere, with the 3-4 switch not helping things. I think unless a 1st round guy like Jonathan Martin or Coby Fleener or Dont'a Hightower drop to the 2nd, we should trade down and take advantage of the position we are in.

Pick up the phone when somebody calls and accrue mid round picks for this year and next. We need a ton of bodies and we need to trust our scouts, Grigson, Pagano, and their big board.

I personally would be sure that Luck gets some help in this draft early, and fill our defense primarily in the 2nd half.

Not every CB needs to be 6'2+ to be good in the league. There are far more top CBs who are below 6'0 and do just fine than there are that are above 6'0.

Big fan of what I've read about Randle. Wouldn't be upset to see a Wisconsin OL/Jeff Randle here.

Not a fan of Alshon Jeffrey.

Super not a fan of Janoris Jenkins.

How can you not like a two time all american and pre season SEC player of the year in Alshon Jeffery. And he is the new Randy Moss when it comes to the Red Zone

How can you not like a two time all american and pre season SEC player of the year in Alshon Jeffery. And he is the new Randy Moss when it comes to the Red Zone

I have concerns about routes, quickness, and conditioning.

And there's more to a WR than the Red Zone.

You don't average 17 yac just by being a red zone player I mean that's his strongest asset he goes attack the ball at highest point. Granted he doesnt get the big separation but he gets enough separation and has strong hands and knows how to shield off defenders and he came out a pro style offense not like the spread Randle was a product of. And you questioned his quickness he ran a 4.51 at his pro day and randle ran a 4.55 at the combine.A 4.5 is ideal for a wr

NOT Janoris Jenkins! That guy is a cancer and a distraction waiting to happen. He is undersized as well. He has been compared to Dre Bly, a good but not great corner.

Protect Luck. Make sure he survives this year. I would look offense in rounds 2 and 3.

Round 2: Kevin Zeitler

Round 3: Juron Criner

I wouldn't mind trading down and getting an extra 3rd rounder if Fleener or Zeitler are both gone.

Bottom line is that we should have the #1 pick again next year. We should be able to trade it like the Rams did this year and then we can really start to add some pieces to the roster. I just want Luck to survive the year and progress like Manning did his rookie year.

You don't average 17 yac just by being a red zone player I mean that's his strongest asset he goes attack the ball at highest point. Granted he doesnt get the big separation but he gets enough separation and has strong hands and knows how to shield off defenders and he came out a pro style offense not like the spread Randle was a product of. And you questioned his quickness he ran a 4.51 at his pro day and randle ran a 4.55 at the combine.A 4.5 is ideal for a wr

I didn't say speed, I said quickness. Speed gets you downfield, Quickness gets you in and out of breaks.

stephen gilmore can do it all. dude is a beast.

I think with the #34 pick. You've gotta get Luck some sort of help. But BPA is in play I think. If Mayock's Mock is dead on...We can get guys like Jerel Worthy, Peter Konz, Devon Still, Brandon Thompson, Kevin Zeitler, Rueben Randle, Alshon Jeffery, Andre Branch

Any of those would be great picks in my opinion. But personally, I'd go Alshon Jeffery.

he will be gone likely to Jacksonville but I like him alot

yeah I am fully aware he won't fall anywhere near us, but he asked to name another CB who was as good as Claiborne and Jenkins...and I believe Gilmore is. I'd actually take Gilmore over Jenkins and Claiborne. Especially for our scheme. He blitzed, played the boundary...awesome CB.

I'd go Konz or Zeitler them two are some mean linemen and can ya imagine Konz and Luck on the same team again the rest of there careers, I like Jeffery but there are wide receivers to be had in the middle rounds that may make just as big an impact, Quick, Jenkins.

I'd go Konz or Zeitler them two are some mean linemen and can ya imagine Konz and Luck on the same team again the rest of there careers, I like Jeffery but there are wide receivers to be had in the middle rounds that may make just as big an impact, Quick, Jenkins.

Konz went to Wisconsin not Stanford