Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Draft -- April 27th to April 29

NFLfan

Just now, stitches said:

Unfortunately Vorhees is going to be red shirted with his injury. I guess with this many picks we can invest one of them for a talented player for the future rather than for this year... 

Pick him and sign Risner.  Freeland doesn’t appear like he’s going to start anytime soon.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

Again... IMO he's athletic enough... he was athletic enough to be top 5... not sure he's polished enough to be taken at 35. But he hits all the Ballard marks - not tall but super long arms... and really explosive and fast... a true freak. 

Kinda like the QB we took at #4... athletic enough....but not polished enough for a pick that high. 

Other than taking AR #4, I think it's been a great draft...but I still don't like taking someone that raw, so high.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that's mine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

Unfortunately Vorhees is going to be red shirted with his injury. I guess with this many picks we can invest one of them for a talented player for the future rather than for this year... 

Oh for sure, but we're not making a SB run this season, so why not grab a guy in the 5th that could lock down RG for us for the next decade? Draft him and bring in the best remaining FA G (Risner) on a short term deal to solidify the OL for this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Still some solid OGs out there. 

Braeden Daniels is an athletic freak type. 

Emil Ekiyor, Atonio Mafi and Jon Gaines II could all start at RG for us probably

Vorhees as a redshirt guy is a great investment prospect. 

even McClendon Curtis as a small school prospect is a solid guy still out there. 

plenty of value coming in the fifth round 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I guess they're targeting more guys for depth and we had only 3 picks left 

Drafting bad depth players does not help us.

I see @Shiveis here. I think I'm going to enjoy my Saturday rather than watch this.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Drafting bad depth players do not help us. I see @Shiveis here. I think I'm going to enjoy my Saturday rather than watch this.

NFLfan, don't despair. Feels like you really are not liking your draft so far. I don't think it's bad... Addison is really good player and he fits really well with Jefferson. Blackmon is a bit slight, but he graded really well in college in both zone and man coverage. He also tested well so... he might be good for you too. :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1