Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, what if…

Smonroe

Okay, I know we’ve probably exhausted the subject but here’s another thread anyway.  Deal with it.

Lets say the Panthers do something ridiculous and take AR #1 overall (ain’t happening, but for the sake of argument).

Texans run up to the podium and take my Buckeye.  AZ stays put and takes Anderson.  

How would you feel about taking Bryce?  

Size is his only downside that I can see.  I think he’s the best QB in the draft.

Would you be happy, sad, apprehensive…?

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Okay, I know we’ve probably exhausted the subject but here’s another thread anyway.  Deal with it.

Lets say the Panthers do something ridiculous and take AR #1 overall (ain’t happening, but for the sake of argument).

Texans run up to the podium and take my Buckeye.  AZ stays put and takes Anderson.  

Size is his only downside that I can see.  I think he’s the best QB in the draft.

Happy to take him.   Especially since the Colts didn’t trade for him.   Just the price of the 4.    Everyone seems to agree, Young’s intangibles are rare and special.   You take the horse and ride him for as long as you can. 

For the sake of this argument, this discussion….  I’d prefer Young to Levis and I like Levis and would be fine drafting him in other circumstances.  

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yes, the size is a minus but he has to much talent, work ethic and  character not to be a very successful QB in the league. 

54 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I would take him at 4 tbh. Would be happy. I think he could be a solid QB like Kyler Murray. Little worried about the height and weight and the fact he may be injury-prone, but I would do that in a heartbeat and build around him.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Take him and run. Character guy and best QB in this draft.

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would take him at 4 tbh. Would be happy. I think he could be a solid QB like Kyler Murray. Little worried about the height and weight and the fact he may be injury-prone, but I would do that in a heartbeat and build around him.

Take him and run. Best QB in this draft. He's pretty smart and savy. Hardly any batted down in the SEC. Tore Georgia apart. Muscle bound Levis will be injured often.Hes way too tight.

For all the talk about how Steichen could work with different types of QBs, would you not believe that the coach could help Bryce on handling the limitations with size, height to make it easier for him to  throw in spite of big bodied defenders in the LOS, being able to have the routes break where QB's vision over the field is going to be maximized, and many such nuances? 

Get him if he's available! 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Happy to take him.   Especially since the Colts didn’t trade for him.   Just the price of the 4.    Everyone seems to agree, Young’s intangibles are rare and special.   You take the horse and ride him for as long as you can. 

For the sake of this argument, this discussion….  I’d prefer Young to Levis and I like Levis and would be fine drafting him in other circumstances.  

I agree with this. And it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Young is there, at least at #3. However, Arizona would be getting pounded with trade offers at that point. Young at 3 is very different from Richardson and Levis at 3. I don’t see the Colts getting him unless they move up. 

24 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Its not happening lol. The media is blowing AR's draft stock out of proportion. Anybody actually in the NFL or with close ties is saying Young and Stroud are miles away from the other 3. They will be 1, 2. 

Yeah, we all know that.  It wasn’t the question that was posed.  

So, what if...  you had a real title to this thread instead of this click-bait one. Then people would be able to easily know if they wanted to read it or not. It seems you purposely omitted the relevant info. Why?

Imagine if the title read clearly, something like: "Would you like Bryce Young?" Then people would know whether they wanted to read it or not. Of course, then you might have fewer people clicking on your post.

Anyway, I apologize for the thread drift; this is just a pet peeve of mine. Feel free to disagree.  :)

To answer the original question, I would happily take Bryce Young, but don't think we'll get the chance.

15 minutes ago, DynaMike said:

So, what if...  you had a real title to this thread instead of this click-bait one. Then people would be able to easily know if they wanted to read it or not. It seems you purposely omitted the relevant info. Why?

Imagine if the title read clearly, something like: "Would you like Bryce Young?" Then people would know whether they wanted to read it or not. Of course, then you might have fewer people clicking on your post.

Anyway, I apologize for the thread drift; this is just a pet peeve of mine. Feel free to disagree.  :)

To answer the original question, I would happily take Bryce Young, but don't think we'll get the chance.

Like he said, this has little to no chance of happening.    He should have made a poll.  

At 4 the Colts wouls almost be forced to take him but it is a big risk.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brees is two inches taller. I'm not saying he can't play in the NFL but Brees isn't a good example. 

Okay, well, I was going to use Flutie, Jurgenson and Wilson as examples, but I figured someone would have an issue with that, too.

1 hour ago, DynaMike said:

Click bait is used to try to sell something.  It took you 5 seconds to read the opening post.  You could have moved on if you didn’t like it.  I’m sorry you didn’t like the title, lol!

I didn’t want a poll, I wanted to read opinions on how people felt about Young, and if they agreed or not about taking him.  

Isn’t that what this forum is about?  

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Click bait is used to try to sell something.  It took you 5 seconds to read the opening post.  You could have moved on if you didn’t like it.  I’m sorry you didn’t like the title, lol!

I didn’t want a poll, I wanted to read opinions on how people felt about Young, and if they agreed or not about taking him.  

Isn’t that what this forum is about?  

I'm still on windows 95 with a dial up modem. It took me 3 minutes to load this page. I'll never get those minutes back. All thanks to your malicious click-bait title!

17 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I'm still on windows 95 with a dial up modem. It took me 3 minutes to load this page. I'll never get those minutes back. All thanks to your malicious click-bait title!

I’m so sorry about misleading you and wasting your time!  I know exactly how you feel.

When I saw the thread “I would be okay riding with Minshew”, I figured it was about Minshew driving an Uber.  I wasted precious minutes finding out it wasn’t true.  

I thought “How can you trust Ballard” was going to give instructions on trust exercises.  Again, my time was wasted.  I once read To kill a mockingbird and never learned how to kill one.  (Simpsons joke, not mine).

And now I’ve just wasted more of your time!  When will I learn?

9 hours ago, Smonroe said:

If Younh or Stroud fall to four you take them for sure. If both are gone which is very likely, we should trade the 4th for a multitude of picks. Fill in holes draft a mid round QB, then plan to trade up next year for our franchise QB.

10 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I believe that if Young falls to 3, the Colts are going to do whatever it takes to get to 3, to cut anyone else off. 

My gut feeling is that… Young is the highest rated player on our board. 

8 hours ago, Samu-Rye said:

I would take him and then call Baltimore to see if they would be interested in an even trade.

And hope you can sign Lamar to a contract with over 200 million in guaranteed money?   No thanks

20 hours ago, Smonroe said:

No question we draft him 

With all the hype for each QB and how this team or that team spent time with top QB prospect (insert name here) 

You are Ballard who do you take if  

leaving out Panthers Stroud, Texans Young as most think this is favorite scenario. 

1 Panther take Levis
   2 Texans take Young

Panthers take Richardson
  Texans take Stroud 

Panthers take Levis
   Texans take Richardson

Panthers take Richardson
  Texans take Young

Panthers Stroud
Texans Levis

obviously these can be flipped but whether they are 1 ,2 or 2,1 they are first two taken 
 do any scenario inspire a trade up to third?

if I missed a combo please add

33 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

With all the hype for each QB and how this team or that team spent time with top QB prospect (insert name here) 

You are Ballard who do you take if  

leaving out Panthers Stroud, Texans Young as most think this is favorite scenario. 

1 Panther take Levis
   2 Texans take Young

Panthers take Richardson
  Texans take Stroud 

Panthers take Levis
   Texans take Richardson

Panthers take Richardson
  Texans take Young

Panthers Stroud
Texans Levis

obviously these can be flipped but whether they are 1 ,2 or 2,1 they are first two taken 
 do any scenario inspire a trade up to third?

if I missed a combo please add

Stroud (just because of size)

Young

Stroud

Stroud

Young

I think I have the order right.  

I am basically ok with any of the top 4 as all have shortcomings, and all or none or anything in between might be good NFL QB's but its such a crap shoot this year, I just dont want to spend draft capital for what I feel is 1 of 4 unknowns......basically (IF) we stay at 4 whoever we take I will be relieved and worried at the same time LOL also true if we trade back and take someone......The only make me mad scenario would be trading UP. 

Archived