Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Colts Jersey will you buy, 7 or 15?

Smonroe

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

chuckling homer simpson GIF

I will take it a step further, I will end my drought not going to games if we get Lamar and go to the home opener because I know with him we will be good and entertaining. I have been to around 50 Colts home games dating back to the 80's in my lifetime, most from 1999-2013. Last game I went too was in 2013 when Luck tore the Texans apart and we won the division. 

Of course, by 7 I meant Levis and 15 is Richardson.

We already have an 8 on the team.  No need for another one.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I already have an autographed #7 Bert Jones hanging up in my house

He could have been one of the all time greats.  

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Of course, by 7 I meant Levis and 15 is Richardson.

We already have an 8 on the team.  No need for another one.

He could have been one of the all time greats.  

7 plus 8 equals 15 :thmup:

Give me 15 - Mahomes number for new age QBs. 

This is a true story …

At Christmas this year my son gave me a Colts Carson Wentz jersey and he gave my wife, his mom, a Colts Jacoby Brissett jersey.  Says he’s waiting to buy himself a Colts Matt Ryan jersey when they also go in deep discount.  

We are hoping to make the trek to Indy this year for a Colts game, proudly wearing our jerseys. :)

8 hours ago, rockywoj said:

This is a true story …

At Christmas this year my son gave me a Colts Carson Wentz jersey and he gave my wife, his mom, a Colts Jacoby Brissett jersey.  Says he’s waiting to buy himself a Colts Matt Ryan jersey when they also go in deep discount.  

We are hoping to make the trek to Indy this year for a Colts game, proudly wearing our jerseys. :)

There was a Trent Richardson jersey a while back at the pro shop.  I asked them how much they’d pay me to wear it. 

They weren’t amused.   

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

There was a Trent Richardson jersey a while back at the pro shop.  I asked them how much they’d pay me to wear it. 

They weren’t amused.   

Ha! Please do not dredge up that gawdawful decision ever again. What a horrendous trade. 

I have to say that I was leaning towards Levis but now, after hearing some of his interviews I’m sorry, but the dude sounds fake. That being said I think taking Richardson at four is a mistake as well. The only quarterbacks I would take at four would be Stroud or Young…. otherwise we might as well trade down and get some more picks. We can pick up a quarterback in the second round and run with Minshew for 2023. 

6 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I have to say that I was leaning towards Levis but now, after hearing some of his interviews I’m sorry, but the dude sounds fake. That being said I think taking Richardson at four is a mistake as well. The only quarterbacks I would take at four would be Stroud or Young…. otherwise we might as well trade down and get some more picks. We can pick up a quarterback in the second round and run with Minshew for 2023. 

That's interesting.  I guess I didn't see that interview.  From what I've read, his biggest flaw is with the second reads.  

I did agree with you about either Stroud, Young or trade back.  But I really think it's settled and we're going with Levis unless someone jumps in front of us and takes him.

This is a pretty good video on his story.  

16 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

You may also want to check out this video - every throw against Georgia, which probably had the best D in college football last year (although my Buckeyes put up 41 on them, lol!)

Some really good throws, a few bad ones.  

I have to admit, I'm pretty much sold on this kid.  I expect him to be wearing the horseshoe come May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lRkYM5T7u4

18 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You may also want to check out this video - every throw against Georgia, which probably had the best D in college football last year (although my Buckeyes put up 41 on them, lol!)

I have to admit, I'm pretty much sold on this kid.  I expect him to be wearing the horseshoe come May.

A few years of good coaching and he may be pretty good, IF, you can't get him to overcome his "Big Arm" syndrome. 

But if this video doesn't bring concerns about his decision making and accuracy, nothing will. 

If Steichen wishes to bet his big opportunity on him, so let it be done.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

A few years of good coaching and he may be pretty good, IF, you can't get him to overcome his "Big Arm" syndrome. 

But if this video doesn't bring concerns about his decision making and accuracy, nothing will. 

If Steichen wishes to bet his big opportunity on him, so let it be done.

I look at it this way - we’re not going to get Stroud or Young and we can’t just keep waiting for the perfect QB In upcoming drafts.  So, if we’re going to take the best one, who is it - Levis, Richardson, or Hooker?

All three have upsides and flaws.  Hookers age, ARs experience, Levis “big arm”.  All have yet to prove they have NFL decision making capabilities.   We won’t know that until they play.  Any Jets fan can tell you that.  

Just MHO, but I think Levis checks more boxes.  But I’ll be happy with any of them. 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

That's interesting.  I guess I didn't see that interview.  From what I've read, his biggest flaw is with the second reads.  

I did agree with you about either Stroud, Young or trade back.  But I really think it's settled and we're going with Levis unless someone jumps in front of us and takes him.

This is a pretty good video on his story.  

Naw Ballard loves traits and ras he going Richardson 

Just now, CR91 said:

You couldn't pay me to buy a Will Levis jersey

I wouldn’t take it for free 

8 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Naw Ballard loves traits and ras he going Richardson 

You could be right, but is AR’s RAS that much better than Levis?  They’re about the same size.  I prefer to look at how they play football, not their measurements or their track scores.  

I see AR as another Lamar, at best.  Questionable accuracy, tendency to run.  Which works until they get hurt.  And if the accuracy isn’t there teams will load the box to take away the run.  That’s my devil’s advocate thought.

Personally, I’ll be happy with any of the three, AR, WL, or HH.   

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

What funny is he never gets off 1st read it’s look and throw 

1 minute ago, jbaron04 said:

What funny is he never gets off 1st read it’s look and throw 

Pretty much.  in this case, it may be because he didn’t have time. Georgia had a great D.

That being said, I think you’ll see the same thing looking at all three.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You could be right, but is AR’s RAS that much better than Levis?  They’re about the same size.  I prefer to look at how they play football, not their measurements or their track scores.  

I see AR as another Lamar, at best.  Questionable accuracy, tendency to run.  Which works until they get hurt.  And if the accuracy isn’t there teams will load the box to take away the run.  That’s my devil’s advocate thought.

Personally, I’ll be happy with any of the three, AR, WL, or HH.   

Yea Richardson is perfect 10 ras , And I think will is just raw as Richardson except he doesn’t have the elite up said that Richardson has. I would love young or strouds but that ain’t happening. I would take Richardson over Levis for a couple reasons, Richardson has the elite athleticism and a stronger arm 60mph vs 59mph of Levis and that’s Levis calling card. But have accuracy issues. Will is a 5th year sr and still is refined vs a red shirt sophomore. I can understand the rawness of red shirted sophomore but not really a 5th year sr. Both of them have red flags and risk so why not take the one with the biggest upside. I don’t really see nothing Levis does better tbh 

22 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Pretty much.  in this case, it may be because he didn’t have time. Georgia had a great D.

That being said, I think you’ll see the same thing looking at all three.

I agree same flaws but not same upside and potential 

11 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Yea Richardson is perfect 10 ras , And I think will is just raw as Richardson except he doesn’t have the elite up said that Richardson has. I would love young or strouds but that ain’t happening. I would take Richardson over Levis for a couple reasons, Richardson has the elite athleticism and a stronger arm 60mph vs 59mph of Levis and that’s Levis calling card. But have accuracy issues. Will is a 5th year sr and still is refined vs a red shirt sophomore. I can understand the rawness of red shirted sophomore but not really a 5th year sr. Both of them have red flags and risk so why not take the one with the biggest upside. I don’t really see nothing Levis does better tbh 

Between the two I’d take Levis. Arm strength is negligible and Levis has a ton more experience…. More accurate and more pro ready. I could see Richardson being a bust. That being said I don’t really want either one.

41 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Very good argument.  I think the way I look at it is that we know what Levis is since he has that experience.  Still raw, but a good possibility that he could be the real thing.  And I think we're seeing his floor.

I'm not sure we know AR based on his tape.  Not saying he'll be a bust but to me he looks like a Cam or Lamar, not an Allen or Mahomes.  Simply because there's not enough tape on him yet.  We don't know his ceiling or his floor.

I think we have to take a QB, even if he turns out to be Zack Wilson.  You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

37 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Between the two I’d take Levis. Arm strength is negligible and Levis has a ton more experience…. More accurate and more pro ready. I could see Richardson being a bust. That being said I don’t really want either one.

I see it the opposite Levis for all the more experience he has , haven’t shown on the field or his technique 

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Very good argument.  I think the way I look at it is that we know what Levis is since he has that experience.  Still raw, but a good possibility that he could be the real thing.  And I think we're seeing his floor.

I'm not sure we know AR based on his tape.  Not saying he'll be a bust but to me he looks like a Cam or Lamar, not an Allen or Mahomes.  Simply because there's not enough tape on him yet.  We don't know his ceiling or his floor.

I think we have to take a QB, even if he turns out to be Zack Wilson.  You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

Yup 

47 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yeah, it's not that we Want either one, and throw Hooker in that group too.  It's that we Need to take one.  

Some say we could get by with Minshew for a year, but lets face it, we're chasing mediocrity. And who knows where we'd be drafting next season.  

Like I said about the lottery ticket, we have to take a chance.  

Archived