Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could you gain 1 yard in a rushing play against an NFL defense?

Nate!

Could gain 1 yard in a rushing play against an NFL defense?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Could gain 1 yard in a rushing play against an NFL defense?

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

RB? No but I did play LB in HS. I was 25 lbs heavier then because I was also on the wrestling team. There was a couple of times a RB either ran me over or carried me for a ride till I got him wrapped up.  haha

Lol, I was definitely not that type of RB in school. Usually I was running for my life screaming as some massive defender twice my size chased me down.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really good conversation 

Anyway.  I posed this to a friend of mine who was a college RB.    He is 6 ft 210 lbs. 4.47 40 and recruited by Ohio State He couldnt get the GPA so had to go to another school.

With all that said HE said he would get it on the first snap.   Which I will probably agree.

He also said knowing me. Yes YOU would get that yard in less than 4 downs.

The average guy.  He said in 4 downs maybe 25% would get it.  He said REMEMBER.  You have an NFL line blocking for you

So with that info.  I think maybe 

42 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Anyway.  I posed this to a friend of mine who was a college RB.    He is 6 ft 210 lbs. 4.47 40 and recruited by Ohio State He couldnt get the GPA so had to go to another school.

With all that said HE said he would get it on the first snap.   Which I will probably agree.

The average guy.  He said in 4 downs maybe 25% would get it.  He said REMEMBER.  You have an NFL line blocking for you

For the record he asked if I thought I could complete a ten yard pass and I think I could  

2 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

He didn't have a 2.5 gpa in high school?   What school would admit anyone under that?

On 3/18/2023 at 11:58 AM, jvan1973 said:

He said 4 downs and the defense knows you are carrying the ball each down

Good thing I'm an athlete that plays basketball and football.  I can run through a hole sir, maybe you cant

There is no "us" in this conversation, we arent the same.

46 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Good thing I'm an athlete that plays basketball and football.  I can run through a hole sir, maybe you cant

Why are you assuming there will be a hole?

53 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Yeah im an athlete that plays basketball and football.

Dont be a hater and assume things about people you know nothing about

I didnt assume anything I asked you a simple question.

56 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

59 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Yeah im an athlete that plays basketball and football.

Dont be a hater and assume things about people you know nothing about

Ooh yeah,  you're an athlete.   Wow.  Every high school nationwide has athletes.  I played high school football myself.   

Now read the damn op again.  The defense knows you're carrying the ball.   4 downs.   You aren't gaining an inch.   Get over yourself.   Delusion is fun

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ooh yeah,  you're an athlete.   Wow.  Every high school nationwide has athletes.  I played high school football myself.   

Now read the damn op again.  The defense knows you're carrying the ball.   4 downs.   You aren't gaining an inch.   Get over yourself.   Delusion is fun

There aren't a lot of NFL RBs that are going to get that yard if the D knows they're getting the ball.  I don't care how many tries they get, lol.

How many times did we get stuffed trying to get 1 yard?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

The defense knows you're carrying the ball.   4 downs.   You aren't gaining an inch.   Get over yourself.   Delusion is fun

I got this, high school football players could get the yard running behind an nfl line too.

Get over yourself dude, you contribute nothing here and mostly just make posts like this.  Dont come here to tell everyone else they cant do something because you cant. 

I can run through a hole  

Archived