Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy dalton signs with panthers means richardson is their guy?

If the thinking is stroud and young are ready to start day 1 then why would they sign dalton? The way this is working out is foreshadowing them picking richardson who needs to sit and learn more than the others. Even levis has alot of starts in college. Now the colts are playing the offseason the opposite. They are building like their qb pick will be a guy to start already.

so based on this i think cj stroud or levis is the guy. They might know carolina wants richardson or that the colts have richardson as 4th on their list and plan to trade up to 3 if they need to.

1 minute ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

He doesn’t hurt to have a mentor no matter what rookie they draft.  A vet in the film room, a vet sitting with him on the sidelines, a vet to show him how to be a professional.  

Other vet qbs with less starting experience i would agree. But dalton and the contract they gave him screams of him thinking he has a chance to start for year 1.

19 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

If the thinking is stroud and young are ready to start day 1 then why would they sign dalton? The way this is working out is foreshadowing them picking richardson who needs to sit and learn more than the others. Even levis has alot of starts in college. Now the colts are playing the offseason the opposite. They are building like their qb pick will be a guy to start already.

so based on this i think cj stroud or levis is the guy. They might know carolina wants richardson or that the colts have richardson as 4th on their list and plan to trade up to 3 if they need to.

imo none of this class of qbs is ready to start day one

16 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

Other vet qbs with less starting experience i would agree. But dalton and the contract they gave him screams of him thinking he has a chance to start for year 1.

You truly have a dizzying intellect!   :headspin:

Daulton is pretty talented and may offer a similar style to how they want theirs to play.

3 hours ago, Mike06181 said:

Dalton was signed as a back  up to Uoung. He will mentor Jim and come in for the rough patches if any.  To me?, you don't sign a qb like Dalton if u r drafting Richardson. Totally different qbs. U would draft a veteran   and build those schemes around that vet ans Richardson. This is more of a sign they won't sign Richardson.

The Cowboys signed Dalton to backup starter Dak Prescott a few years ago, so it’s not unusual for him to come into an already stable QB room. Sorry Mike, but I’m not so sure this is a sign of anything. For all we know the Panthers may not even know who they want yet… 

17 hours ago, Mike06181 said:

I agree.  For me it’s a signal that Richardson is their pick.  The other three should start right away.  They need a starter and mentor for Richardson until he’s ready.  He got a nice contract to fill those two roles.  Frank has dealt with older starters the last three years so this is nothing new for him until Richardson is ready.  I see Frank drafting the upside and developing Richardson.

Why have Reich and Caldwell when what is needed is fresh offensive schemes. These guys are over the hill for over the hill owners. I trust Ballard more than Reich. Reich was the guy that picked Campbell over McLauren and Carson Wentz. Sold a bill of goods for Rivers. All because that is all he knows how to do which is regurgitate old schemes. 

18 hours ago, RollerColt said:

The Cowboys signed Dalton to backup starter Dak Prescott a few years ago, so it’s not unusual for him to come into an already stable QB room. Sorry Mike, but I’m not so sure this is a sign of anything. For all we know the Panthers may not even know who they want yet… 

Maybe its my hopes that cj is there at 3..

Archived