Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Ryan

Bbswatching

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:   The date where the added guarantees for Matt Ryan kicks in is March 17.    

That’s NEXT Friday….  A few days into free agency.   I’m not saying Ballard will wait that long.   I’m only saying he has the option to wait that long.   

Matt could decide to retire thus saving even more cap space. 

4 minutes ago, Shepman said:

I bet Rams have contacted Colts about a Stafford for Ryan trade.  Don't see how the money would work but I am willing to bet it was discussed.

Id take that bet.    Ryan us at the end of his career.   The Rams believe Stafford has more years as a good stater left.   I think there’s no chance of that happening. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Id take that bet.    Ryan us at the end of his career.   The Rams believe Stafford has more years as a good stater left.   I think there’s no chance of that happening. 

Not true they are trying to dump his 54 million pay this year. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/sports/rams-trying-trade-quarterback-matthew-stafford-report.amp

43 minutes ago, Shepman said:

OK.   Fair enough.   But why would the Colts want an older QB who the Rams hope to get rid of and then take on his $57 mill guaranteed?    What’s the upside?   

The Colts don’t have the cap room for this.  

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That doesn't mean the Rams contacted the Colts about working a deal that involved Ryan. 

It also doesn’t mean the Colts want Stafford and his contract.  I think Irsay is done with QBs you hope has one or two years left and I also don’t think he’s going to be interested in his contact either and I think Ballard will be even less interested.

Colts Nation, at least most of them, waiting for the Matt Ryan and Nick Foles releases anxiously. :) 

Then, we get our hopes up for a typical non-existent FA spending spree, and choose to be surprised than disappointed by this time, given Ballard's history. At least hoping for a better option at backup QB like Mariota or Brissett to help the rookie, preferably Brissett. Outside that, Isaac Seumalo from Eagles for RG, and the rest, we save for the draft. Everything on top of a backup QB and starting RG, would be gravy.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Colts Nation, at least most of them, waiting for the Matt Ryan and Nick Foles releases anxiously. :) 

Then, we get our hopes up for a typical non-existent FA spending spree, and choose to be surprised than disappointed by this time, given Ballard's history. At least hoping for a better option at backup QB like Mariota or Brissett to help the rookie, preferably Brissett. Outside that, Isaac Seumalo from Eagles for RG, and the rest, we save for the draft. Everything on top of a backup QB and starting RG, would be gravy.

I think you could see them bring in a second tier linebacker if they let Bobby O and Speed both go.  They could draft one too.  The other position to watch would be another WR if they don’t keep Paris.  Again, not one of the big names out there, but another WR there could be something he does.  I’d also watch Minshew at the QB spot.  Bridge starter/mentor is the type of role he’s made for and he was the Eagles backup last year.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I expect us to release a good amount of players and to resign our own. I'm not expecting much of anything in FA the first few days. Maybe a few pickups here or there later on but we won't be major players. 

Archived