Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Muir Vs Foster

underestimatedD

Muir signed elsewhere so he is not on the roster.....

Foster is an UT because that is what his skillset is geared towards.....

Johnson is our "traditional" NT in this 4-3 cover-two alignment that the Colts run......

Having said that, Foster and the new guy (Jamaal Anderson) will be the swing men on the dline this year whereas Moala, Johnson, Nevis, Harris and Mathews are all probably locks for the DT positions....

Just my .02

Good rsponse...I knew we let Muir go...I just feel we are already deep on DE's. Why not keep a good back up tackle? Did muir want too much?

We will never know how much Muir wanted..........or IF the Colts even wanted him back for that matter? Our depth at the DT position *seems* pretty good at this point, but until they play together on the field and hold opponants to a moderate amount of rushing yards per game.......just sayin

Some of worst run-D last year came with Muir in the line-up. When our run-D turned it on down the stretch, Johnson (NT) and Moala (UT) were the starting tackles...we played very well for that stretch to close out the season. Then, Johnson was injured for the Jets playoff game, and the Colts D (Muir) got ran over all day. I, for one, am extremely happy that the Rams signed him to take away any chance of me having to watch him get pushed around as a Colt.

Yea Muir was a liability at the defensive line. I had high hopes for him last season, but he just did not live up to it. Johnson was statistically our best interior defensive linemen. I fairly positive we averaged giving up less than 100 yards rushing a game when he started at DT (can't find the source now, but I saw it during the lockout). I feel Nevis will give Johnson a few breathers on passing downs. Our UTs have also improved. I can't wait to see how Harris replaces Muir. Exciting times :foam:

Foster is best suited in a pass situation where his motor and speed work for him. I love the never quit attitude in him and he would be a very good Short yardage DE as well as a pass rushing Interior Dlman.

Muir was a liability as others have mentioned, I was really hoping he could do something for us.