Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated: Colts hire Shane Steichen as their new HC (Merged)

CR91

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On one side, I'm really happy with this news... on the other hand though ... it freaking sucks that this is leaking right now. This was pretty much the worst day for this to leak. A few hours before the Super Bowl. I can't imagine Steichen is happy with this coming out now. 

Just now, stitches said:

On one side, I'm really happy with this news... on the other hand though ... it freaking sucks that this is leaking right now. This was pretty much the worst day for this to leak. A few hours before the Super Bowl. I can't imagine Steichen is happy with this coming out now. 

I agree with this. It is Adam Schefter, though, so no surprise that this has leaked. Thinking back to the way he handled Luck's retirement. Schefter likes to spoil things for other people. 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

He’s the reason Brady played another season and ruined his marriage lol.

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I agree with this. It is Adam Schefter, though, so no surprise that this has leaked. Thinking back to the way he handled Luck's retirement. Schefter likes to spoil things for other people. 

To be fair to Schefter... if he has that information, I cannot blame him for releasing it. This is his job. He's paid to do this. It's possible noone is to blame from the Colts(i.e. noone told him this), but rather he did it by process of elimination (he got word from all other candidates that they've been eliminated)... but still... I don't like the timing of this. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

To be fair to Schefter... if he has that information, I cannot blame him for releasing it. This is his job. He's paid to do this. It's possible noone is to blame from the Colts(i.e. noone told him this), but rather he did it by process of elimination (he got word from all other candidates that they've been eliminated)... but still... I don't like the timing of this. 

I think it’s meh. Steichen has to know he was the favorite, and he probably indicated he would accept the job if offered. It’s not news to him, and probably not to anyone around the team, given the fact that he interviewed 8 days ago. He doesn’t have to talk to any reporters before the game, he has his head down and is handling pre-game business. I think it would be better to not have this leak right now, but oh well.

I continue to think the entire process should be put on hold until after the SB, though. It will never happen, but it would be best for everyone involved.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

There is a rumor going around it was chuck Pagano who got wind of it and leaked it to Adam. No idea if that’s true. He was in town the night of that preseason game.

9 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Yep. Adam is a bit of a jerk in these circumstances. Always has to be the first. 

Just now, Superman said:

I think it’s meh. Steichen has to know he was the favorite, and he probably indicated he would accept the job if offered. It’s not news to him, and probably not to anyone around the team, given the fact that he interviewed 8 days ago. He doesn’t have to talk to any reporters before the game, he has his head down and is handling pre-game business. I think it would be better to not have this leak right now, but oh well.

I continue to think the entire process should be put on hold until after the SB, though. It will never happen, but it would be best for everyone involved.

this can back fire if he backs out  though .   

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. Adam is a bit of a jerk in these circumstances. Always has to be the first. 

It’s literally what he’s paid to do. And we’re all sitting here holding down F5 the morning of the Super Bowl, waiting for news. It’s kind of tough to be mad at the guy who gets the news we’re waiting for and reports it.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is a rumor going around it was chuck Pagano who got wind of it and leaked it to Adam. No idea if that’s true. He was in torn the night of that preseason game.

I don't believe this. Chuck Pagano is not plugged in enough to have that info. Well... unless Jim told him I guess. I just never got the feeling that Chuck is this close with Irsay. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I don't believe this Chuck Pagano is not plugged in enough to have that info. Well... unless Jim told him I guess. I just never got the feeling that Chuck is this close with Irsay. 

I think she’s talking about the Andrew Luck news. The whole team knew days in advance, it’s no wonder that info got out.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

It’s literally what he’s paid to do. And we’re all sitting here holding down F5 the morning of the Super Bowl, waiting for news. It’s kind of tough to be mad at the guy who gets the news we’re waiting for and reports it.

I get it. I was honestly expecting it to be tomorrow with leaks and news. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think she’s talking about the Andrew Luck news. The whole team knew days in advance, it’s no wonder that info got out.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There was a story behind it but I can’t remember what it was.  

Oh I misunderstood. Apologies. Chuck having the Luck news makes more sense. 

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Right. Everyone has been salivating for news, and when it does happen, it's time for the pitchforks. Makes zero sense.

In the last 20 years, how many times has it gotten out that a team is going to hire a certain candidate to be their HC and then the coach backs out? Unless I am mistaken, it was just the one time with McDaniels after alllllll the HC hires. No need for everyone to be so paranoid about Steichen backing out.

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

I totally agree with the post SB thing.

Archived