Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are You Concerned?

sb41champs

So - the Colts head coaching search continues - as there "may be" an unprecedented THIRD round of interviews.

The "candidate field" began with 13.

Dan Quinn and Ben Johnson decided to stay with their teams.

Bubba Ventrone - Mike Kafka apparently haven't made the "final cut".

Ejiro Evero was just hired by Frank Reich for the Panthers Defensive Coordinator opening.

So - Are YOU concerned that the Indianapolis Colts THOROUGH search for the next head coach may keep them from acquiring top level talent for the rest of the coaching staff?

With the Evero hiring - I sure am.

There's another thread about the Colt's blocking Bradley from a lateral move. That indicates the new Head coach will be mandated to have Bradley as DC. One less slot to worry about. Of course Bradley could become a Head Coach but I don't see that happening. 

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

So - the Colts head coaching search continues - as there "may be" an unprecedented THIRD round of interviews.

Ejiro Evero was just hired by Frank Reich for the Panthers Defensive Coordinator opening.

So - Are YOU concerned that the Indianapolis Colts THOROUGH search for the next head coach may keep them from acquiring top level talent for the rest of the coaching staff?

Somewhat.    But Ballard knows this and has factored this.   He’s also talked to the HC’s about their staffs.   So he knows much, much more than we do.   So if he’s ok, then I think we need to be ok. 

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

I'm concerned this is already being discussed in another thread. Why start another one??? And why do you Post with dark bold letters??? 

2 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Jeebers crap dude.   Are you trying to give Chloe an aneurysm????? 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think the dark bold letters make it easier to read myself. 

I actually thought it was against the rules to post in all bold letters. But it's been a while since I read them. Just tired of all the silliness and same thing posted over and over. Guess it's time for a break from the board for a while. Have a good one.

So - Are YOU concerned that the Indianapolis Colts THOROUGH search for the next head coach may keep them from acquiring top level talent for the rest of the coaching staff?...

From the sound of things, the Colts are trying to retain a lot of the existing coaches.

so there may not be a need for them to acquire too many top level talent staff members

Nope

Not really.  At least, not because other teams have made choices, and have taken some of the options off of the table.  But we weren't going to re-hire Reich, we knew that DeMeco was going to go to the Texans no matter what, and we knew that there was no way that Payton was coming to us.  My only gripes were the head coaches that decided to remain with their teams.

SO -- with what is left, we have a 2 out of 3 shot to land either a good offensive mind or a good leadership guru.  And for as far as we have fallen, we're still not the "destination to be avoided" that Arizona is.

So, I'm still pretty hopeful that we'll land a decent HC, and move on with the next stage.

(Unless Irsay pulls an Irsay, and hires Saturday anyway.)

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Somewhat.    But Ballard knows this and has factored this.   He’s also talked to the HC’s about their staffs.   So he knows much, much more than we do.   So if he’s ok, then I think we need to be ok. 

Absolutely! Ballard is two steps ahead of everyone. In fact, he probably scripted all of the NFL’s personnel moves in advance in his binder.  Trust Ballard and the wins pile up. 

3 hours ago, Franklin County said:

I actually thought it was against the rules to post in all bold letters. But it's been a while since I read them. Just tired of all the silliness and same thing posted over and over. Guess it's time for a break from the board for a while. Have a good one.

It might be? I'm not sure.  I just know it's easier for me to see on my cell phone.  

As far as things being repeated the NFL season is not 100% over yet. :spit:

Evero is going to run a 3-4 in Carolina.  Not really the defense Ballard prefers. So they didn’t really miss out. The Colts roster is built for a 4-3 and not suited for a 3-4.  The Evero connection to Morris sounded great but Gus also has ties to Morris.  If not Gus then Henderson would probably be Morris’ choice for DC. 

Four candidates apparently have told the Colts they’re good with Gus as the d-coordinator.  Gus did a good job with the D considering their high priced LB was a cheerleader this year. 

I’m going to assume Steichen and Callahan are two of those coaches.  Bradley did a good job against Steichen’s offense.  They may be just fine with only having to put together an offensive staff. 

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived