Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think the colts have any interest in Carr? I know we’ve gone down the retread road but carr is a lot younger than the last few quarterbacks we’ve had. Would you want the colts to pursue him (or another fa Like jimmy g) if he becomes a free agent or are you okay with drafting a qb and throwing a rookie into the fire? 

12 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Do you think the colts have any interest in Carr? I know we’ve gone down the retread road but carr is a lot younger than the last few quarterbacks we’ve had. Would you want the colts to pursue him (or another fa Like jimmy g) if he becomes a free agent or are you okay with drafting a qb and throwing a rookie into the fire? 

No i think panthers may sign him

I would.  He is only 31 and nothing close to a retread.  He could win multiple super bowls with the right team.  Unfortunately back to back years of quarterback disappointment will scare the Colts from signing him.  I am expecting him to sign with Carolina and I won’t be surprised if they make a run at a Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Look for the Raiders to try and trade up for 1st 

We are going to need a vet on this team while we bring up a rookie.  The question is who

i somehow doubt that Carr would like to come on the team for a year or two

Carr is not going somewhere to be a bridge. I do agree we need a vet to be the backup most likely.  Even if Ryan accepted a backup role not a good situation for a rookie to be worried if he is going to get benched. Needs to be someone that doesn’t threaten him. Maybe Foles will agrrr to stay as the backup. We will see.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Carr is not going somewhere to be a bridge. I do agree we need a vet to be the backup most likely.  Even if Ryan accepted a backup role not a good situation for a rookie to be worried if he is going to get benched. Needs to be someone that doesn’t threaten him.

I'm pulling for Andy Dalton.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Carr is not going somewhere to be a bridge. I do agree we need a vet to be the backup most likely.  Even if Ryan accepted a backup role not a good situation for a rookie to be worried if he is going to get benched. Needs to be someone that doesn’t threaten him. Maybe Foles will agrrr to stay as the backup. We will see.

I’m surprised how bad Foles played 

Garappolo would seem to be a decent fit

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would.  He is only 31 and nothing close to a retread.  He could win multiple super bowls with the right team.  Unfortunately back to back years of quarterback disappointment will scare the Colts from signing him.  I am expecting him to sign with Carolina and I won’t be surprised if they make a run at a Super Bowl.

If not carr then I fully expect the Colts to bring in a vet to backup the rookie. I just don’t see the Colts keeping Ryan and Foles…..and maybe not even Ehlinger. I think there will be a lot of house cleaning once the new head coach arrives.

Carr will be a bridge QB for someone. I expect the Panthers to sign him AFTER he is cut. Then, they will turn around and draft Richardson that will have to sit a year or two behind Carr before they move on. At least that is my guess.

At this point, the Colts have put themselves in a difficult spot going after band aids, and Ballard will not get additional leeway with another retread QB, he will with a rookie QB and given the fact that it is not too likely they pick at No.4 again, a rookie QB it is thrown into the fire all the way, IMO.

17 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I would be out on Carr. If we are signing anyone I would go for Jimmy G. He’s a proven winner. Sign him for 3 years and whoever we draft can sit until they earn the spot. This can free up some potential with draft picks as well. 

jimmy G would be a great signing if they could do it.  

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We are still going to owe Ryan 12 million even if we cut him. I don’t think spending on another vet would be wise. I am not sure he would be willing to backup a rookie.

My guess is a vet is going to start and let the rookie get acclimated     Rookie can possibly start later in the season depending on if we are in play off contention or not.   So a vet is extremely important 

6 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

My guess is a vet is going to start and let the rookie get acclimated     Rookie can possibly start later in the season depending on if we are in play off contention or not.   So a vet is extremely important 

Most likely a vet starts unless we draft Levis.  He has already run a pro style offense.   I expect him to start if we are fortunate enough to get him.

18 hours ago, Crunked said:

Sure why not I was totally against the last two bridges, one burned the other collapsed so I am now going the other way....we should sign a QB bridge, a pass rushing bridge a wr bridge a LT , RG bridge......the more bridges the merrier......

That would be a bridge too far. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My guess is a rookie starts. You don’t take a QB at 4 and sit them.  It’s time to start a new chapter.

Maybe.  But the best QB in the NFL did't start day one.     I am open minded.   So I won't be shocked or upset either way.   

I wouldn't be shocked if they keep Ryan and let him mentor the new kid. 

On 2/6/2023 at 11:09 AM, ChuggaBeer said:

Maybe.  But the best QB in the NFL did't start day one.     I am open minded.   So I won't be shocked or upset either way.   

I wouldn't be shocked if they keep Ryan and let him mentor the new kid. 

I think that ship has sailed. I imagine Ryan and Foles are both gone. Maybe even Ehlinger. New era….new qb room.

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

I think that ship has sailed. I imagine Ryan and Foles are both gone. Maybe even Ehlinger. New era….new qb room.

Probably right.  But IMO there will be a Vet one way or the other.   Ballard has already said he learned that lesson from seeing the failure of Grigson to have an adequate backup 

Archived