Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe I'm wrong but has John Gruden been discussed

Coltivated

12 minutes ago, Coltivated said:

Give me some opinions here please. I for one would not be apposed. Please God just not a long contract. 

He was thrown out by the league. We'll probably never know the real reason why but one rumor was he talked bad about the commissioner? 

Regardless, I doubt the league would want him back.

Ignoring the obvious that he’s completely toxic and won’t be hired again, his recent history is rough.  TB team got worse and worse the further removed from Dungy.  Raiders was a complete disaster under his reign.  Basically and full control and the results were poor.  Game day and with personnel.  Just awful draft after awful draft with his stamp all over it.

PASS

If Gruden can coach here then I like my chances as next coach.  I haven't even interviewed, and I think I would make a better candidate than Gruden.  I almost made the playoffs one year in Madden using Jacob Eason as the starter.  If that says anything, it's that I'm adaptable. 

23 minutes ago, Pelt said:

This whole interviewing by round process has been a ruse to disguise the fact that we are about to hire Raul Allegre as our next head coach!

Gruden was never going to beat out Raul for this gig.

Oh please. Toni Linhart has the edge on him easy.

14 hours ago, Coltivated said:

Give me some opinions here please. I for one would not be apposed. Please God just not a long contract. 

No. 

ignore the racist stuff he is alleged to have done, he kind of sucked as the HC leading up to that drama. And he had Derek Carr, whom many on this forum have drooled over. So yeah, no. 

There would be players unsure of the hire and general locker room unhappiness with that hire.  So he's done at the NFL level for now.

I will say that I think the entire thing was overplayed.  I mean let's not act like any of us haven't made fun of someone based on how they look.  I still do it.  Yes I am a child at times.  But does that mean the other good things I have done do not matter?  This is the world we live in nowadays, it is stupid I think but bottom line Gruden is not in play.

1 minute ago, Boondoggle said:

There would be players unsure of the hire and general locker room unhappiness with that hire.  So he's done at the NFL level for now.

I will say that I think the entire thing was overplayed.  I mean let's not act like any of us haven't made fun of someone based on how they look.  I still do it.  Yes I am a child at times.  But does that mean the other good things I have done do not matter?  This is the world we live in nowadays, it is stupid I think but bottom line Gruden is not in play.

I like the coach that replaced him, Carr looked good playing under him.

Discussed by whom - when - and - where?

The only time I hear anything about Chuckie is when it is pointed out that the scandals involving he and Henry Ruggs ended the Raiders promising season.

I doubt Chris Ballard would even consider an interview for a disgraced coach who's ONLY "claim to fame" is hoarding QB's on his roster - and - winning the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay with TONY DUNGY's team!!

Archived