Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Make Your Case for Who Should Be the Next Colts QB! (Not just draft pick)

philba101

5 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Carr will be cut by the raiders soon. The colts should sign him. Then in the draft move back a bit and pick up more draft picks. We Can get a qb in the second or third round to sit behind carr for a couple of seasons.

I feel like there will be a trade market for Carr in which somebody will pony up some picks to the Raiders before the February 15 deadline. Strangely, with less than two weeks to go, the Raiders have not even given Carr permission to seek a trade with another team. I am not sure why they would wait until the last minute to do that. Carr has a no-trade clause so he must okay any deal the Raiders strike. He re-iterated at the Pro Bowl yesterday that he has no intention of extending his deadline. Maybe the Raiders are just going to cut him and move on. Of course, Carr is going to want a decent payday and want to play for a team that sees him as a long-term starter if there are any. He also expressed a desire yesterday to play for a team that is in position to compete for a championship.

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Carr will be cut by the raiders soon. The colts should sign him. Then in the draft move back a bit and pick up more draft picks. We Can get a qb in the second or third round to sit behind carr for a couple of seasons.

I absolutely agree with this.  I would rather do this than spend the draft capital to move up too.  I would even trade a 3rd rd pick for him.  That would not bother me at all.  We trade back in the 1st and get more picks and take Herendon, AR or McKee with one of our picks.  I would bet if we picked Biasiccui as our HC he would love that.  

Archived