Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kellen Moore Fired

Scott Pennock

If Raheem gets the nod I don’t see him reaching for Moore. He probably has guys he is more familiar with versus going with someone he doesn’t know. He wasn’t bad as an OC but his tree is restricted versus the candidates we are looking at. Who knows though. 

Kellen Moore is the Chargers new offensive coordinator:

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2023/1/30/23577967/chargers-kellen-moore-justin-hertbert-brandon-staley-news-nfl-2023

Good for him.

During Kellen Moore's four seasons in Dallas, the Cowboys' offense ranked Top 4 in:

Points per game - 27.7

Yards per game - 391

Third down pct - 44%

McCarthy really scapegoated him, IMO. 

Dallas has always been a team that has had very good players, but never anybody who was really a game changer.  Dak, Zeke, Pollard, CeeDee are a collection of very good players but they are not good enough to take them over the top against the good teams.  Its not McCarthy's or Moore's fault, IMO.  Parsons on defense is very good, but I'm not sure he's an excellent run defender to go along with his quicks.  Just no real elite players, IMO.

53 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Dallas has always been a team that has had very good players, but never anybody who was really a game changer.  Dak, Zeke, Pollard, CeeDee are a collection of very good players but they are not good enough to take them over the top against the good teams.  Its not McCarthy's or Moore's fault, IMO.  Parsons on defense is very good, but I'm not sure he's an excellent run defender to go along with his quicks.  Just no real elite players, IMO.

I disagree. CeeDee and Parsons are elite players like Reggie Wayne and Mathis were in their prime. Parsons was not brought to defend the run and like Mathis, can be a liability vs the run but the upside on the pass rush front brings far more value. They have enough beef down the middle and good LBs that the run doesn't hurt them as much as you would like to think it would. They did a good job of forcing enough 3rd and longs and winning on those. Cowboys, despite Dak turning it over so many times, were positive on the turnover differential. CeeDee Lamb knows to get open and has strong hands like Wayne, rarely see him bobble after the catch and he takes some real good hits.

Their issue is situational QB play, Dak runs hot and cold, can't win consistently with that. There is only so much you can do when your QB puts you in difficult spots so many times game after game. You put a Joe Burrow on that team, they will be representing the NFC in the SB.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Kellen Moore is the Chargers new offensive coordinator:

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2023/1/30/23577967/chargers-kellen-moore-justin-hertbert-brandon-staley-news-nfl-2023

Good for him.

During Kellen Moore's four seasons in Dallas, the Cowboys' offense ranked Top 4 in:

Points per game - 27.7

Yards per game - 391

Third down pct - 44%

McCarthy really scapegoated him, IMO. 

If I were an Offensive Coordinator, I'd much rather run an offense quarterbacked by Justin Herbert than by Dak Prescott, on any day! I believe we've all seen Dak's ceiling, but I doubt if we have seen Justin's just yet.

Archived