Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Team is Next?

sb41champs

Honestly? No clue. Seems like everyone is kind of waiting for the other to make a move. That or everyone is waiting for this weekend to get over with to interview and hire the coaches they really want. 

At this point, I feel like if Jeff was truly “the guy” we would’ve hired him already. I think we’re waiting for championship Sunday to be done with. 

To be serious and to answer the question, I think it doesn't matter unless the team that hires earlier beats Colts to get their desired coach. Which fans wouldn't know anyway. 

I think more important question would be who among them would get the right hire for their team and it would also be known after seeing how it pans out in a year or more. 

Until then, let the team do their due process, taking their time. 

Maybe, after today's games, coaching searches will heat up as these teams' coaches become available for interviews and some of those teams could hurry up to get those coaches hired. 

5 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I’m hoping callahan

Very possible, but the Colts are doing an exhaustive search, interviewing people from all sides -- OCs, DCs, ST coaches, younger and older, within and outside the organization, and more. I like that.

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

To be serious and to answer the question, I think it doesn't matter unless the team that hires earlier beats Colts to get their desired coach. Which fans wouldn't know anyway. 

I think more important question would be who among them would get the right hire for their team and it would also be known after seeing how it pans out in a year or more. 

Until then, let the team do their due process, taking their time. 

Maybe, after today's games, coaching searches will heat up as these teams' coaches become available for interviews and some of those teams could hurry up to get those coaches hired. 

I like exhaustive searches and thorough interviews, as the Colts are doing. The only problem is that other teams are snatching OCs and DCs and other teams have to replace the assistants they lost with new assistants. If a team is among the last to hire a head coach, they most likely will be resigned to hiring assistants that may not have much experience or may not be good at their jobs. (BTW, I wonder when the Vikes will hire a new DC.)

Keeping with the topic... I still think Houston will be next to hire a head coach. They seemed to have narrowed it down to one guy: Demeco Ryans.

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I like exhaustive searches and thorough interviews, as the Colts are doing. The only problem is that other teams are snatching OCs and DCs and other teams have to replace the assistants they lost with new assistants. If a team is among the last to hire a head coach, they most likely will be resigned to hiring assistants that may not have much experience or may not be good at their jobs. (BTW, I wonder when the Vikes will hire a new DC.)

Keeping with the topic... I still think Houston will be next to hire a head coach. They seemed to have narrowed it down to one guy: Demeco Ryans.

I agree with this. I think if the Eagles win today. The Texans will sign Ryans as their HC rather quickly. The only team that is competition is the Broncos, but I think the Texans are the frontrunners and a more attractive destination because of their draft picks and ability to get a franchise QB.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree with this. I think if the Eagles win today. The Texans will sign Ryans as their HC rather quickly. The only team that is competition is the Broncos, but I think the Texans are the frontrunners and a more attractive destination because of their draft picks and ability to get a franchise QB.

Good,   one more off the list for the Colts

On 1/28/2023 at 4:41 PM, sb41champs said:

Which of the four remaining teams - looking for a new head coach - will hire one?

Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Arizona Cardinals

Denver Broncos

MY BAD - MY BAD -  MY QUESTION SHOULD HAVE READ:

Which of the four remaining teams - looking for a new head coach - will hire one FIRST?

Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Arizona Cardinals

Denver Broncos

13 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

MY BAD - MY BAD -  MY QUESTION SHOULD HAVE READ:

Which of the four remaining teams - looking for a new head coach - will hire one FIRST?

Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Arizona Cardinals

Denver Broncos

I think most of us understood. I think it will be the Texans.

Archived