Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

POLL: 2023 NFL Draft QB Class - Who Do You Want? Part 1

RollerColt

2023 Rookie QB  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Pre-combine, who do you want for us to draft as our rookie QB for 2023? Keep in mind this isn't who you think Ballard is going to take, this is who YOU personally would prefer to take.

• Bryce Young - Alabama
    • CJ Stroud - Ohio State
    • Will Levis - Kentucky
    • Anthony Richardson - Florida
    • Tanner McKee - Stanford
    • Hendon Hooker - Tennessee
    • Max Duggan - TCU
    • Stetson Bennett - Georgia
    • Jalen Hall - BYU
    • Aiden O'Connell - Purdue
    • Clayton Tune - Houston
    • Dorian Thompson-Robinson - UCLA
    • Cameron Ward - Washington State
    • Malik Cunningham - Louisville

21 hours ago, Kyle said:

What if we trade back a few spots to gain a 2 or 3 and take Parris Johnson at LT... then we package our 2nd round pick with the extra pick we gained trading back to move back into a late 1st round pick and take Quentin Johnson at WR, and we package a 3rd round and a 4th round to get a late 2nd round pick and take Stetson Bennett at QB...

Just like that we have added a franchise LT, WR, and QB. 

I made a topIc about trading down and picking an LT and something else.  I wouldn’t be against it necessarily by Irsay and Ballard would need to hire protection.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Hearing the pipe dreams and excuses being made for Will Levis is hilarious. We’re headed back to the cellar days of the 80’s & 90’s with him as QB.  Guy is all wishes & prayers.  I’d rather take Will Anderson or Skoronski and tank for next year over hitching this franchise to Levis.  If he ends up the Colts, I hope I’m wrong but right now he feels like hype in the hope that he’s Allen or Herbert instead of evaluating him on his production and game. 

I don’t watch ball but I’m curious why you think he’s gonna bust?  He produced pretty good for perennial cellar dwelling SEC team with a brutal schedule just looking at it in oveRview ,  especially his junior year.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course you would.   But he drafts players who are good.  He rarely has a bust.   Even when he misses on a player, that player is picked up by another team and colts tributes.   By comparison, when Grigson missed that player was soon out of the league.  

As for your list….  Ballard believes Raimann is the LT of the future. He believes in Kwity and Dayo at DE.   The Colts have Gilmore and Rodgers at corner. 

This draft, the team expects to acquire its franchise its QB.   WR will likely have to wait another year while the young receivers the Colts have continue to improve.   It’s not as bleak as you like to portray. 

If Ballard believed in Br that much he would have drafted him in R2at 53.  He was considered by some to be 1st R talent.  BR slid from where he was projected.  He was there and CB took him, but this certainly wasn’t the strategy .  We will wait until a projected 1st or 2nd rounder whom I really like slips to 77.

14 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I agree. This class might end up being one of the deeper QB drafts where serviceable talent is available. It’s a good year imo to need a QB. 

Yes.  I could be negative and see only how every Qb we take could bust...and with the questions each has any one of them could be a bust, but I look at this pretty optimistically.  We need a QB, and I think this draft presents a lot of possibilities and choices that could work out for the best.  Trade up for the elite guy and he works out.  Stand Pat for the second best guy and he works out.  Trade back and pick up a traitsy player who needs a year to develop in a year where we have no chance of going to the SB anyway.   There are about 5 or 6 QBs that could all work for us depending upon if the investment is correct.   

As a fan, I can't see me criticizing any of the picks or moves Ballard makes this draft when it comes to QBs.  But, as a fan, I reserve the right to later say...."He should have known better" if it doesn't work out.  He's getting paid to know better.

8 hours ago, jonjon said:

I've looked at a lot of mocks and there is exactly one mock that has that ridiculous prediction, PFF. Where else are you seeing it?

I see Young or Stroud hoisting a trophy long before Levis, if ever. "Looking the part" doesn't cut it. Proof is on the field, for better or worse. I remember when the Bills drafted JP Losman. Looked the part, cannon of an arm; he once threw a ball between the goal posts from 60 yds out while on his knees IIRC. Unfortunately, that situation didn't come up much in games...

Seeing it all over,google and you will find a dozen right away.....

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/kentucky-football/will-levis-projected-as-no-1-overall-pick-in-another-mock-draft-from-cbs-sports/

https://www.theringer.com/2022/12/22/23519559/will-levis-is-going-to-be-the-no-1-pick-plus-other-potential-first-round-qbs-ringer-nfl-draft

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/1/27/23573755/pff-2023-nfl-mock-draft-projects-colts-to-trade-up-for-kentucky-qb-will-levis-at-1-overa

Levis definitely has a higher ceiling then Young or Stroud,no one is arguing against that from what I have seen, for every Losman then is a Josh Allen whose stats werent great and supporting cast wasnt either. The NFL is much more a passing game then when Losman played a lot has happened in 20 years.

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

If Ballard believed in Br that much he would have drafted him in R2at 53.  He was considered by some to be 1st R talent.  BR slid from where he was projected.  He was there and CB took him, but this certainly wasn’t the strategy .  We will wait until a projected 1st or 2nd rounder whom I really like slips to 77.

How about Ballard believed he’d be there at pick 73 because of the age factor.  

Of course it was tge strategy.   Ballard is on videotape prior to Day 3, of the draft saying out loud that his priorities were…..

WR, TE, LT, S, and CB.  

Look how his draft played out.   In that order.   How many LT’s do you think Ballard was interested in in the 3td round?   The previous year it’s not clear there was even one in the 2nd round that Ballard liked. 

As for BR sliding down….   age was the key factor.   There are players every year who slide for various reasons.   Just because the fans are surprised doesn’t mean Ballard was.   Was Ballard lucky?   Yes.   Fortunate?   Yes?   But there’s some skill involved here.   CBs detractors just refuse to give the man credit where it’s due. 

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

Yes.  BR was BPA on our board so Ballard took him.  Its not like he outfoxed other GMs and took a "gem" in the third round because he knew BR was a gem and the other GMs were too stupid to know it.  Or was sitting there watching BR slide down to a point he knew BR would be there, then took AP and JW as he watched BR slide to his rightful spot.

Something that no one has asked yet....I'd like to know why Ballard took Jelani Woods one pick ahead of ATL taking Desmond Ridder?  I wonder how long he thought Ryan was going to be around.   I mean, the idea of Ryan being around for 4 years couldn't have simply come from Ballard having a vacuous brain on the matter and Frank filling the vacuum with roses about Ryan.  

If Ridder was on the roster as the future QB, we would be looking at pick 4 a whole lot differently.

40 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  BR was BPA on our board so Ballard took him.  Its not like he outfoxed other GMs and took a "gem" in the third round because he knew BR was a gem and the other GMs were too stupid to know it.  Or was sitting there watching BR slide down to a point he knew BR would be there, then took AP and JW as he watched BR slide to his rightful spot.

Something that no one has asked yet....I'd like to know why Ballard took Jelani Woods one pick ahead of ATL taking Desmond Ridder?  I wonder how long he thought Ryan was going to be around.   I mean, the idea of Ryan being around for 4 years couldn't have simply come from Ballard having a vacuous brain on the matter and Frank filling the vacuum with roses about Ryan.  

If Ridder was on the roster as the future QB, we would be looking at pick 4 a whole lot differently.

Maybe Ballard didn't think too much of Ridder? Way too early to say one way or another if he is going to be a franchise QB. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe Ballard didn't think too much of Ridder? Way too early to say one way or another if he is going to be a franchise QB. 

Well, that's obvious as to why he did not pick him.   Maybe he should have thought more of him....or less of Ryan?  We'll see.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, that's obvious as to why he did not pick him.   Maybe he should have thought more of him....or less of Ryan?  We'll see.

The total collapse of Ryan took 98% of everyone by surprise. Leading the league in turnovers shocked the most.  

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The total collapse of Ryan took 98% of everyone by surprise. Leading the league in turnovers shocked the most.  

This year, yes, but the notion of carrying a 38 year old QB for 4 years was an outlier.   The concept of a bridge Qb implies that having the man on the roster doesn't change how you look at QBs in the draft.  For me, that's really this issue behind why Ballard has failed to get the QB situation solved.  Not enough investment in the young guy...too much reliance on the old guy...which applies to the Rivers year too.

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

This year, yes, but the notion of carrying a 38 year old QB for 4 years was an outlier.   The concept of a bridge Qb implies that having the man on the roster doesn't change how you look at QBs in the draft.  For me, that's really this issue behind why Ballard has failed to get the QB situation solved.  Not enough investment in the young guy...too much reliance on the old guy...which applies to the Rivers year too.

I don't put Rivers in that category. A 11-5 record with a playof appearance. It was Rivers that walked out on another year on a contract.  

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't put Rivers in that category. A 11-5 record with a playof appearance. It was Rivers that walked out on another year on a contract.  

That one season was good.  But if you are preparing for when Rivers left, I think making an investment in a young QB is the smart thing.   That's not my opinion, a lot of teams take that double dip in providing for the future while wanting success in the now.  I just think Ballard was too focused on the now.   And here we are with a big losing record and needing a QB.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Total collapse was surprising but continued steady slide of an aging QB who made his living in downfielD Passing attack with a slow TTT looking terrible behind a bad oline with an incompetent journeyman interior lineman who never was the preferred  starter at any time at any position ever playing LT shouldn’t have been.  Ryan had high TO totals for half a decade and prodigious sack numbers for essentially his whole career.

some of us thought the signing was unlikely to outproduce the guy he replaced.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That one season was good.  But if you are preparing for when Rivers left, I think making an investment in a young QB is the smart thing.   That's not my opinion, a lot of teams take that double dip in providing for the future while wanting success in the now.  I just think Ballard was too focused on the now.   And here we are with a big losing record and needing a QB.

Maybe Ballard though he had one more season of Rivers? At the time Ballard did go all in 

We had an all pro offensive line and a very good defense. Very few thought that trading for Wentz would turn out like it did. There was faith put in Frank to coach him up. Wentz had the physical talent but lacked the leadership needed in a franchise QB.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe Ballard though he had one more season of Rivers? At the time Ballard did go all in 

We had an all pro offensive line and a very good defense. Very few thought that trading for Wentz would turn out like it did. There was faith put in Frank to coach him up. Wentz had the physical talent but lacked the leadership needed in a franchise QB.

And there is the backup QB situation.  Rookies are on three year contracts, so they would have been ready to go after the reasonable risks of Rivers and Ryan moving on.  They could have been the backup or pushed Sam to the PS.  

I can see not drafting a QB during the Wentz offseason,  He was seen as something more than a bridge.  Sorry, you just can't expect a 39 year old or a 37 year old coming to a new team to be anything more than a 3 year bridge.  I think Ballard ignored it and wanted to use capital to win now by supporting Rivers and Ryan as much as he could.  It failed, and here we are.

44 minutes ago, DougDew said:

And there is the backup QB situation.  Rookies are on three year contracts, so they would have been ready to go after the reasonable risks of Rivers and Ryan moving on.  They could have been the backup or pushed Sam to the PS.  

I can see not drafting a QB during the Wentz offseason,  He was seen as something more than a bridge.  Sorry, you just can't expect a 39 year old or a 37 year old coming to a new team to be anything more than a 3 year bridge.  I think Ballard ignored it and wanted to use capital to win now by supporting Rivers and Ryan as much as he could.  It failed, and here we are.

True no doubt. Imo the mistake that Ballard made was being influenced by Frank. The one time Irsay should have stepped in didn't happen 

Like you said, here we are.  I don't know what time frame Irsay has given Ballard so I'm not sure what to guess what's going to happen.  :dunno:

9 hours ago, Nickster said:

I don’t watch ball but I’m curious why you think he’s gonna bust?  He produced pretty good for perennial cellar dwelling SEC team with a brutal schedule just looking at it in oveRview ,  especially his junior year.

Well Kentucky isn’t the cellar dweller they used to be.  They’ve actually finished in the top half of the SEC East more often than not recently.  The true cellar dweller is Vanderbilt. The Commodores had lost like 26 straight games in a row in the SEC until they got to play Levis this past year.  

Against the undisputed weakest team in the entire conference Levis went 11-23 for 109 yards and 1 int.  Then he also had a game against Tennessee where he went 16-27 for 98 yards with 3 ints.  In what universe does a number 1 pick perform that poorly?  Any other QB would be lucky to be a day 2 pick with his kind of film.  

But because Josh Allen did it Levis can and will?  Allen is the exception not the rule.  There are hundreds of busts for every Allen.  Not one for one.  Let’s judge Levis off of his performances not off of what Josh Allen has done or become.  They are not the same person nor the same QB.

As for Levis’ junior year he mostly performed better. But when you look closer it really isn’t much different.  He had 2nd round drafted receiver Wan’Dale Robinson propping up his numbers and carrying him.  Yet his numbers still weren’t far off from this past year.  He just didn’t have Robinson to boost his yards & td’s.  Still similar comp % and high turnovers.  Also had a couple more of those wth games (even with Robinson). 7-17 for 87 yards & 1 TD & 1 Int vs Florida.  15-22 for 102 yards & 1 int vs S. Carolina.

I’m just seeing hype & Allen hope.  Any other QB with his film would be a round 3 pick at best not getting moved up to number 1.  The more I’m watching film, Richardson is starting to creep up on Levis.  Yeah he’s currently inaccurate but his arm is just as big if not bigger than Levis’ and he’s a much better athlete.  Levis’ reckless running style (trying to be Josh Allen) will have him often injured in the league.  If he’s being boosted because of his size & athleticism, might as well go with the bigger stronger athlete.  And tbh, I don’t think Richardson is 1st round worthy either.  I think he’s only getting hyped to justify Levis’ hype.  Both are round 2-3 picks at best. 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

Well Kentucky isn’t the cellar dweller they used to be.  They’ve actually finished in the top half of the SEC East more often than not recently.  The true cellar dweller is Vanderbilt. The Commodores had lost like 26 straight games in a row in the SEC until they got to play Levis this past year.  

Against the undisputed weakest team in the entire conference Levis went 11-23 for 109 yards and 1 int.  Then he also had a game against Tennessee where he went 16-27 for 98 yards with 3 ints.  In what universe does a number 1 pick perform that poorly?  Any other QB would be lucky to be a day 2 pick with his kind of film.  

But because Josh Allen did it Levis can and will?  Allen is the exception not the rule.  There are hundreds of busts for every Allen.  Not one for one.  Let’s judge Levis off of his performances not off of what Josh Allen has done or become.  They are not the same person nor the same QB.

As for Levis’ junior year he mostly performed better. But when you look closer it really isn’t much different.  He had 2nd round drafted receiver Wan’Dale Robinson propping up his numbers and carrying him.  Yet his numbers still weren’t far off from this past year.  He just didn’t have Robinson to boost his yards & td’s.  Still similar comp % and high turnovers.  Also had a couple more of those wth games (even with Robinson). 7-17 for 87 yards & 1 TD & 1 Int vs Florida.  15-22 for 102 yards & 1 int vs S. Carolina.

I’m just seeing hype & Allen hope.  Any other QB with his film would be a round 3 pick at best not getting moved up to number 1.  The more I’m watching film, Richardson is starting to creep up on Levis.  Yeah he’s currently inaccurate but his arm is just as big if not bigger than Levis’ and he’s a much better athlete.  Levis’ reckless running style (trying to be Josh Allen) will have him often injured in the league.  If he’s being boosted because of his size & athleticism, might as well go with the bigger stronger athlete.  And tbh, I don’t think Richardson is 1st round worthy either.  I think he’s only getting hyped to justify Levis’ hype.  Both are round 2-3 picks at best. 

Shhhh. You can't use logic and stats involving Levis around here.

18 hours ago, jonjon said:

Yeah because there is this long line of successful NFL QBs from Kentucky.

Yah but how bout the list of Ohio State QB's who came to the NFL and failed compared to the no QB's to get drafted from Kentucky. So we have no baseline to go off for Kentucky QB's in the NFL. Where as Ohio state QB's regularly get drafted and flop.

9 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yah but how bout the list of Ohio State QB's who came to the NFL and failed compared to the no QB's to get drafted from Kentucky. 

The list of Ohio St QBs drafted in the 1st round is exactly three - Schlichter (ouch), Haskins, and Fields - compared to one for Kentucky, Couch. So we aren't talking a night-and-day difference. Most QBs drafted from most schools later than that don't achieve much.

My point is it doesn't make any sense to avoid a QB because he came from a certain school. Draft a guy based on things like his qualifications and production.

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yah but how bout the list of Ohio State QB's who came to the NFL and failed compared to the no QB's to get drafted from Kentucky. So we have no baseline to go off for Kentucky QB's in the NFL. Where as Ohio state QB's regularly get drafted and flop.

Here's the problem with the argument….   It’s the same one used about quarterbacks from Oregon.  

And the problem is this.   The string of QB failures spans decades.   There have been different coaches,  different coordinators, different systems.   So the problem isn’t the school.  

Judge the player, not the school.  Judge the system, not the school. 

Here’s something that bothers me about Levis.  He arguably has a chance to be the #1 QB in the draft. Did he show up to help his stock by playing in the bowl game vs a very good Iowa defense?  Is he participating at the senior bowl?  He’s taken a pass on both.  If he were the overwhelming #1 QB I would understand that decision. He has a lot to gain in draft position and financially by proving doubters wrong. 

3 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Here’s something that bothers me about Levis.  He arguably has a chance to be the #1 QB in the draft. Did he show up to help his stock by playing in the bowl game vs a very good Iowa defense?  Is he participating at the senior bowl?  He’s taken a pass on both.  If he were the overwhelming #1 QB I would understand that decision. He has a lot to gain in draft position and financially by proving doubters wrong. 

I would imagine he has an agent in his ear. 

4 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Ive made similar arguments, but several posters have alerted me that Levis is banged up and taking the time to heal. 

Im assuming he’ll be at the combine and his pro day.   But I get the point about the Senior Bowl. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ive made similar arguments, but several posters have alerted me that Levis is banged up and taking the time to heal. 

Im assuming he’ll be at the combine and his pro day.   But I get the point about the Senior Bowl. 

But they’ll all tell you Young is the one that’s too small and will get injured.  SEC is probably the closest college approximation to the types of NFL defenders these guys will be facing on Sundays.  And it’s Levis and his play style that’s the one that’s banged up and couldn’t finish the season.  Not Young. 

5 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

But they’ll all tell you Young is the one that’s too small and will get injured.  SEC is probably the closest college approximation to the types of NFL defenders these guys will be facing on Sundays.  And it’s Levis and his play style that’s the one that’s banged up and couldn’t finish the season.  Not Young. 

Yes, but you’re talking about projecting out over the course of a career.   What happens if you play enough games?   Can a guy with a body that's roughly 5’11” and 195 withstand NFL punishment?   The odds are no.  

No one knows for sure.  But what are the odds?   That’s going to scare off some teams. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, but you’re talking about projecting out over the course of a career.   What happens if you play enough games?   Can a guy with a body that's roughly 5’11” and 195 withstand NFL punishment?   The odds are no.  

No one knows for sure.  But what are the odds?   That’s going to scare off some teams. 

What would you consider to be a good career length?  10 plus years?  I’d take 10 years of Young over 3 years of a guy like Levis busting out. I see the odds of both about being the same.  Injuries happen and are random. Thus far though, they seem to happen and have a bigger effect on Levis as opposed to Young.  

If Young gets hurt, then go draft his replacement. Regardless, I want the best processor and thrower with anticipation since Burrow & Luck. Not some guy who’s trying to be Josh Allen and getting himself hurt by doing so. 

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

What would you consider to be a good career length?  10 plus years?  I’d take 10 years of Young over 3 years of a guy like Levis busting out. I see the odds of both about being the same.  Injuries happen and are random. Thus far though, they seem to happen and have a bigger effect on Levis as opposed to Young.  

If Young gets hurt, then go draft his replacement. Regardless, I want the best processor and thrower with anticipation since Burrow & Luck. Not some guy who’s trying to be Josh Allen and getting himself hurt by doing so. 

If that were the case, first Young had to bulk up and second, unlike with Luck, we do have to coach him up to be smart with any kind of running he does and instill a sense of "run smarter, but look to pass first whenever you buy time" philosophy in him early on from day 1. Tua with 2 concussions, and Murray not returning for first half of 2023 season are 2 clear cut examples why this has to be coached in from day 1.

I watched a lot of film of Stroud and some film from Young over the weekend. Here are my impressions so far. I plan to watch more film on Young, Levis, and possibly Richardson in the near future.

Observations about C.J. Stroud:

1. Not afraid to stand in the pocket and make his throws against pressure

2. Very Poised/Not easily rattled- Reminds me of Hurts a little bit in this way

3. Throws well to the sidelines

4. Not afraid to push the ball down field

5. Very deliberate/I hope he can adjust to the speed of NFL defenses.

6. Can make plays with his legs if needed but not nearly as dynamic as Young on the move

7. Very Accurate

8. Even though he was more accurate in 2021, I thought he was more comfortable or had matured in 2022.

9. Found a way to get the ball to his best receivers like Wilson, Olave, and Harrison Jr. but also benefitted from their dynamic skills.

Observations about Bryce Young:

1. Overall Accurate Passer

2. Dynamic passer on the move (there were several times where I said to myself I can't believe he made that throw)

3. Because of size I felt like he abandoned the pocket sooner than he should but has excellent ability to make plays with his legs.

4. Impressively pushed the ball down the field with accuracy

5. Not afraid to throw the ball into tight windows

6. I wonder if his speed/escapability advantage in college will hold up against the speed of NFL defenses. 

7. I wonder if his smaller stature and frame will hold up under constant pressure and abuse from NFL defenses.

2 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Very accurate analysis of both players which is why we must draft Stroud, he is overall a much better player with a lot stronger arm.

I was impressed with the poise of Stroud but can see why some scouts are enamored with the dynamic playmaking of Young.

On 1/28/2023 at 4:55 PM, Smoke317 said:

Well Kentucky isn’t the cellar dweller they used to be.  They’ve actually finished in the top half of the SEC East more often than not recently

You can spin anything into anything, I suppose. :)

In the past 50 years, Kentucky has 3 winning seasons in the SEC.  Levis has one of them.. 

In the past decade, Kentucky is 7 games over .500, period, all games included.  

It's a basketball school that had one good run in 2017 and one good run with Levis, and in 50 years, that's pretty much it.

3 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Im nit arguing for it against anyone.   There are arguments for and against every candidate.   I value all the qualities Young has.   I think I value them more than most here who value measurable qualities more than intangibles.  

But I’m not dismissing the lack of size argument.   The idea that getting a top pick wrong, you just go out and draft his replacement is dramatically harder than it seems.  There are franchises that go decades getting the QB wrong.   Finding a high quality QB is incredibly hard.  Teams do everything possible to get it right. 

I’d love to know how the Colts evaluate the top-QBs in this class? 

I would take Bryce first, to me hes just the best player.

If he doesnt have a long career I'm ok with that.  There are teams winning now with guys who probably wont be a long term answer for decades(Eagles)

I'm also ok with Stroud.  I dont like Levis, not with the 4th pick.  Hes not very good today and thats important to me.  He may never be

I've seen a couple of scouting reports that have Levis at the top of the field of QBs, but I wonder how much those scouts have watched full games of his. This scouting report fits what my relatives in Lexington say about Levis. The reasons for concern are, to me, concerning. https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/will-levis-aec7933d-f8e0-457b-a27f-f9951a585b87/

Top Reasons to Buy In:

• High-octane arm talent
  • Prototypical mold at position
  • High-ceiling/upside

Top Reasons For Concern:

• Slow processing
  • Turnovers
  • Decision-making

15 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I've seen a couple of scouting reports that have Levis at the top of the field of QBs, but I wonder how much those scouts have watched full games of his. This scouting report fits what my relatives in Lexington say about Levis. The reasons for concern are, to me, concerning. https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/will-levis-aec7933d-f8e0-457b-a27f-f9951a585b87/

Top Reasons to Buy In:

• High-octane arm talent
  • Prototypical mold at position
  • High-ceiling/upside

Top Reasons For Concern:

• Slow processing
  • Turnovers
  • Decision-making

Honestly qbs with gunslinger mentality will have turnovers. His decision making is fine it is just that he puts too much trust in his arm at times. The slow processing may have to do with the quality of wrs he was throwing to

Archived